ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Holy cow thought we were dead in the water midway through the second half. RJ and Zion carried us. Great win and lets get Tre back very soon. Glad Tre didn't play; not worth the injury risk against a physical team. Super glad to not trade a loss for it. I'm so excited for the rest of the season.

What a game. This is a really BIG win and we may not realize it until later on. To be honest I have no idea how we did it. Neither team shot the ball from the 3 point line and I guess with the way they usually hit some of those shots was a big part of it. Our defense was outstanding. One thing I noticed about Javin and his stats line was there wasn't one but his 5 fouls. Nothing else but zeros. He does seem to be in a rut and I could tell in his face he's frustrated. I do think a couple of his fouls were questionable. We did hit some big free throws but we are just gonna have to do better for the game. Can't help but think how much we missed a Tre and how this win is so big because we still won. UVA is is a talented team. Their coach is one of the best. I'm hoping UCLA offers him the job with a salary he can't say no to. I just don't want to deal with him year after year. If Tre is back when we go up to UVA I feel we beat them there also. One thing that I feel great about is how positive this board was in picking us to win on this thread. I think a lot of us went with our heart. Doesn't Coach K have a book called "Winning With Heart" or something like that. I think tonight's game was won by heart. I think the guys looked at Tre sitting on the bench and felt no way could they lose this game. I'm just so pumped up I don't know how to shut up so I'll stop this dsouther post with 3 claps and a Ric Flair. Clap, clap , clap. WOOOOOO.OFC

Idiot opposing fans will make up all the excuses their small minds can come up with. They know as well as we all know our resume is top of any other teams in the country. Enjoy being #1 come Monday Vols, Duke will be #1 come 12:00am on Tuesday 04/09/19

It will be interesting what happens in the polls..every analyst had us losing and ESPN was already to release the story on another historic loss by Duke... take that trolls!

Question is who’s #1 next week. Yes, UT will get the Coaches poll. I wouldn’t be so sure about the AP or NCAA NET Rankings. Think Duke keeps it with that win and news Jones comes back very soon.

Reactions: tclark6
The boxscore is actually pretty funny. 57/72 points scored by RJ and Zion. Add in Cam’s 9 and you have 66/72

Reactions: DukeDenver
This almost makes up for Syracuse. Almost. Big thing is getting our PG back. :) A loss tonight might have a one seed much more difficult.

It’s funny all of our Duke fans know the L to Syracuse was a joke. Duke was without our best 3 and 4 players aka (Reddish and Jones), and we still took them to OT, what top team would overcome those barriers? I’ll wait dumb****s.

I thought the big decision to go zone at about the seven minute mark was the difference. Coach K waited to make a change so there was no time for Bennett to adjust. With Jones we don't need zone.

Reactions: smashmouth5
For the most part we made free throws when it mattered. Bolden stepped up and knocked down the front end of a 1 and 1 and then made the second. RJ was good at the line down the stretch as well

True.....he did predict a uva blowout

Kid makes some solid points. I do read his stuff. But his opinions are way too strong and his writing style comes off very arrogant. And his takes are colder than our 3 point %.

Insanely impressive win. We have had plenty of young teams (and not even this young) who would have been affected by the game pressure when UVA took the lead in the second half. Instead we kept attacking, exploiting mismatches and avoiding dumb shots. For all of Zion’s incredible moments I’d give the game ball to RJ. 30 points 6 rebounds 3 assists and 1 turnover as the lead ballhandler in this type of game is ridiculous, also clutch at the line at the end.

UVA is legit. I’m excited to play them again. Tre’s Ball pressure should give a whole new dimension to our defense. Cam’s defense was great and I think his length really bothered them, hopefully he can stay a little more under control on some of his drives next time out and keep improving from 3.

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT