ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
It’s funny what can change in five days. Monday night, we were upset by a mediocre Syracuse team IN CAMERON and none of us seemed to worry too much about the loss. Knowing we were without Reddish because of illness, and more importantly, had lost Tre (arguably our most valuable player) for what appeared to be a while - and a DEVASTATING loss - the loss to Syracuse was secondary and just not important in the scheme of things.

Fast-forward to Thursday when Coach K of all people, who is often so mum on injuries, relieved all of our greatest fears by letting us know the injury wasn’t as bad as originally thought even stating, “I don’t know if it’s this game or next - but he’s not out a month or anything like that.”

And, WHEW, we can all breath again - the season is alive and well.

SO - erase Monday, get Tre healthy and bring on the Cavaliers today. The world seems right again with Duke basketball - or at least close.

Duke comes in as a -2.0 favorite today against 16-0 Virginia. With Reddish likely returning, even without Tre, I like this. Virginia is playing at its peak right now - but we have Coach K, UVA got us last year at home in a tight one and I think we will be incredibly hungry to bring Virginia down and prove where we belong nationally - even minus Tre. Not to mention we don’t lose two in a row at Cameron very often.

So - here we go. Tonight’s game is slated for a 6pm est tip and will air on ESPN HD.

Duke 71

UVA 66

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah, I believe Meisperplexed is right about the starting time.

It's going to be a tough game, but I believe Duke will gut this one out.

Duke 76
Virginia 74

OFC

Duke 80
UVA 74

I’m going to The Dixie Gun & Knife Show today, so I’ll probably get home maybe an hour or so before the game starts.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
I went from dreading this game, to so excited I can barely sleep. I mean it’s almost 4 am! Lol

Show out for Tre and for Matthew Hurt boys! The Crazies will be rockin!

Duke 72
Virginia 66

It's going to be a battle. Hit some three's at a better clip and we should win a close one! Duke by 5.
OFC

This game will test our will to win. This will be a battle from opening tip and we will come out victorious in the end.

Duke - 69
Va - 68

Let’s Go Duke!!! We attack the basket hard and that’s how you beat UVA, just watch the UMBC game from last season. Just watch the Duke game in Charlottesville in ‘14. Hard charging from Zion and RJ and some timely threes from Jack, Alex and Cam and Duke wins this one.

Duke - 78
BooHoos - 76

Going to be a lonnnggg day waiting for 5 to come around.

Just bring the fight and will be good!!

I like the optimism of a lot of the posters with us scoring in the 70's.
I will be shocked if we hit that mark.
We will get better and this will be a learning experience for the young guys on how to play offense with fewer opportunities than they are used to.
Virginia 68
Duke 63

Virginia hasn’t been tested yet. Their defense is locking teams up, and it makes them loose on the other end. I think if we speed them up, we can make them uncomfortable.

The higher the score gets, the better I think it favors us.

Last edited:
Hit threes at 35%+ and for the love of all things holy PLEASE attack the rim! Feed Zion. Feed him!!!

Duke 73
UVA 68

This is gonna be a good game, but ultimately Duke squeaks out the victory!

Duke: 72
UVA: 68

Let’s go Duke!!!

I’m not sure if my nerves will allow me to watch it live. I may record and watch it later........yea right

Duke 71
YA hoos 67

Reactions: jcdevilfan
Without Tre we will play our hearts out but come up short. The good news is that Tre will return soon and the ACC will be put on notice...February is gonna be our revenge tour

UVA 77
DUKE 68

Dont like this game without Tre, but hope I'm way wrong.

We dont lose 2 in a row at home very often but this one has some extenuating circumstances..I think we play better without Tre but cant quite overcome the team cohesiveness of UVA...UVA by 3

Deep down I don't really expect to win this one without Tre. If he plays and is close to 90%, then I like us, but without him I am just not so confident.
I still refuse to post a losing score for us, so...

Duke 79
UVA 76

Reactions: LTDukeFan
Cam is back and goes for 20+ points. Duke gets out to an early lead and is up 10 at half. Virginia chips into it late in the second half but the home crowd is too much. With some late free throws Duke wins....

Duke 73
Virginia 65

Deep down I don't really expect to win this one without Tre. If he plays and is close to 90%, then I like us, but without him I am just not so confident.
I still refuse to post a losing score for us, so...

Duke 79
UVA 76
I’ll do it for you
UVA 79
Duke 76

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT