ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS. UNC- ACC TOURNEY QUARTERS - OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I would LOVE to see Harry have a big game tonight after hearing the UNC fans chant overrated at him last game. He definitely heard the boos, and he seems like the type of kid that will use it as extra motivation heading into the game. He didn't get those Kevin Garnett comparisons just from his skill set, he's got the same mentality as him as well.

Reactions: sheyduke
Totally agree DJ. Matt not being stone cold from 3 could is a 6-9 pt difference, which is a game changer. He will get and take at least 3+ open threes.

I would say good luck but theres no reason to sugarcoat it I hope unc runs you off the floor by halftime.

Unfortunately I think it will be another nailbiter and the stakes couldnt be higher.

Reactions: dbav
One of the keys in the game tonight will be for Duke to stay in a position to win. We will run out of gas in the second half, and we will find out if the kids can reach down deep for that little extra (all real Championship teams have it).
"K" seemed to have a little extra "hop" in his step yesterday, and I think he will be the difference in this game. Duke reaches down deep and finds a way!
Go Duke!
OFC

Well it does help playing in the afternoon and not having to play until the next night. Personally in a game such as this I think the fatigue thing is a bit overrated, pure adrenaline goes a long way.

I would say good luck but theres no reason to sugarcoat it I hope unc runs you off the floor by halftime.

Unfortunately I think it will be another nailbiter and the stakes couldnt be higher.

The stakes could be higher....but I'm fine this being as high as they ever go. Not sure I want to ever deal with the possibility of them playing in the NCAAT just because we all know it would be in the Elite Eight or later. It would be hard to be the loser in that scenario.

Well it does help playing in the afternoon and not having to play until the next night. Personally in a game such as this I think the fatigue thing is a bit overrated, pure adrenaline goes a long way.

While I think it's remotely possible Duke is a little gassed, I tend to agree with you....and I'd say the same thing if it were UNC playing their third game in three days. This is Duke-Carolina. Both teams will have plenty in the tank. The harder thing to overcome, IMO, is mental fatigue than physical. But these players on both teams came to Duke and Carolina with the understanding that playing in big games is something you do.

Reactions: bfort2223
Berry will play well, but I can't see him being as efficient as he was in the last match up. The bottom line is that we simply need our guys to show up. We have a great deal of momentum and confidence heading into this game, and I know our guys are wanting to get payback for the game at CH.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
So, the only 2 teams we didn't beat in our conference this year, are the 8 seed and the 13th seed?

Reactions: pisgah101
Man I hope we can pull this one out..but I think UNC can dominate us to easily inside...we have to shoot it so well to win. I'll be cheering hard!

UNC 80
Duke 65

How will we contain Big luke maye tonight? He is doing quite a bit of damage against the ACC lately. Could be the difference if we don't stop him.

Big East is second fiddle to Duke-UNC in NYC tonight. Upper level nosebleeds going for $200+.

Barclays was rocking yesterday, think we own the place tonight.

Duke - 77
UNC - 76

Reactions: Testkid
I think this game comes down to what almost every game comes down to this season. Grayson. We are 10 times the team when he's focused. We don't need him to score the most points. We just need him to play strong. If he does, we win. Don't force it, stay upbeat and distribute. The rest will take care of itself.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Im with whoever said.....

DUKE PUTS THE NATION ON ALERT TONIGHT!!!!!

We are just as good as anybody and better then most when we bring the fight and fire!!

We let UNC feel good about the Rivalry for a week, and a week to long at that!!!!!

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

I think this game comes down to what almost every game comes down to this season. Grayson. We are 10 times the team when he's focused. We don't need him to score the most points. We just need him to play strong. If he does, we win. Don't force it, stay upbeat and distribute. The rest will take care of itself.
I agree with you Show, but I'll take it a step further and say when he's the best player on the court for Duke, the team is almost unbeatable

Reactions: hart2chesson
Man I hope we can pull this one out..but I think UNC can dominate us to easily inside...we have to shoot it so well to win. I'll be cheering hard!

UNC 80
Duke 65

If that's your real expectation why even watch

J-Ta is carrying the load, no wat around that. Feed the kid! I prefer J creating off the catch opposed to initiating. Seems to lead to cleaner, more spacious opportunities.

It's great watching look shoot his way into games, what a player. Kid does it all. Lotta serious weapons in the right shade of blue. Gotta avoid the 3 minutes of head scrathing here on out

Carolina is very good, as is Duke. UNC has a style of play that some of you envy, and it scares you. BUT Dukes Style is scaring plenty of Holes at the same time.... guaranteed. I haven't seen a SINGLE thing out of the last two meetings that makes me near scared of them soft bunch of jaw jackets.

Don't underestimate K in this one!

I get it....but for this Duke team to reach their goals Matt is going to have to get out of his shooting funk. Tonight would be a perfect time to get rolling.
People forget that Matt is a decent career 3pt shooter. Even without his shooting he has been an asset. He makes timely plays on both ends of the floor.

He has to take a few a game, make or miss, just to keep the defense honest.

I think Duke wins. Vegas opened UNC as a 3 pt favorite and moved them to 4 since. UNC getting all the love so far. Duke does well in this type of scenario.

If Duke does lose, it will be in a performance worthy of winning.

Last edited:
Big East is second fiddle to Duke-UNC in NYC tonight. Upper level nosebleeds going for $200+.

Barclays was rocking yesterday, think we own the place tonight.

Duke - 77
UNC - 76

Agreed I think there will be a problem duke crowd tonight and we are going to win

People forget that Matt is a decent career 3pt shooter. Even without his shooting he has been an asset. He makes timely plays on both ends of the floor.

He has to take a few a game, make or miss, just to keep the defense honest.

I'm pulling hard for Matt to make a couple 3's tonight. If that happens, I believe we will win this thing. If Berry starts off hot like the last game, then I hope K sends Antonio in to Vrankovic his ass.

After a disappointing season (in terms of how highly touted we were before the season), I feel like we win tonight and we claim the ACC and go on to win the NCAA tourny. If we click here in March, god help any team in our way. Tatum is showing how brilliant he is offensively, Grayson got out of his slump last game, and Kennard is a cold blooded assassin. GO DUKE!

Duke 87
UNC 84

17264548_10210350575099004_6146018113791232307_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT