ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS. UNC- ACC TOURNEY QUARTERS - OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Once again, what do you say about a game that has everything? Well, you keep it short and sweet: TRANSITION, REBOUNDING, JACKSON AND BERRY (SO DEFEND DEFEND DEFEND). If we can do three of these four, we win.

Tomorrow's quarter-final game will be aired on ESPNHD at 1pm est.

Duke 91

North Carolina 86

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Duke It Out
I think Duke has found their way out of their scoring struggles. I am hoping that Allen gained some confidence with his performance yesterday and Frank Jackson continues to impress. I am feeling kind of confident about Duke winning tonight. Hope that doesn't jinx them.

Go Duke!

Reactions: germantondevil
The 2nd half will be the key, will we have enough gas left in the tank? I hope so but I think the 3 games in 3 days catches up with us.
Either way we had a great showing and proved we can be a force in the NCAA tournament.
Carolina 86
Duke 74

War, but we showed a grit in the second yesterday Duke by one

Hopefully the UNC players are as distracted as their fans watching an alleged "trip" yesterday by Grayson. If you thought people were reaching before to crucify this kid go over and check out what they are seeing and commenting on. Pure losers over there to be so obsessed with this crap.

In the first post he said "Tomorrow's quarter-final game will be aired on ESPNHD at 1pm est."

I think he meant "Today's quarter-final game will be aired on ESPNHD at 1pm est tomorrow."

I have to think after contending with that excellent Louisville defense yesterday, our guys feel like they are wide open and shoot well from the perimeter tonight. I also feel like though Berry still plays well, he doesn't have a shooting night like he had last meeting. If we play like we did last matchup, we win this thing.

Reactions: pisgah101 and dbav
It's gonna be hard to concentrate at work today. Oh well, there's more important things than work. Come on boys let's handle business tonight. Beat those cheating mfers.

I am curious as to how much the 3rd game in 3 days will have an effect. There is obviously a lot of wear and tear there, but it could very well be a good thing, as far as establishing a rhythm and keeping it rolling. That rhythm most specifically applies to Allen. It is firmly established that Duke is only really good when he is good.

Also, if Duke goes zone for stretches again, it won't be a surprise for UNC like it was for Louisville. Will it be as effective when it is expected?

Duke by 3. Go to Hell Carolina.

Reactions: Dukesince90
I am thinking (hoping) we come out loose, just get out there and play some ball. I am not a huge fan of playground, "all star game" style ball, but I would love to see Tatum take it the length of the court after a D rebound right to the rim a couple times. I think Grayson is out of his funk. Why not win this thing????

Duke 82
UNC 78

Go Duke!!

Alan

I picked against Duke last two times we faced UNC. Today we'll do it.

Amile HAS to come up with some extra rebounds.

So we meet again...third time for all the marbles.

Should be another good one. Can't really put a score to it. My hope is that we run you guys down. But my gut says it'll be close.

Let's do this thing.

Everyone in Chapel Hill and ESPN believe UNC is the best team in the country hands down. They just coasted through what should have been a tough Miami team. They beat us 6 days ago with ease. And now we are coming off back to back emotional, exhausting games with our best players logging 75+ minutes in 26 hours. There is no reason to think this is anything other than a blowout. And if it is, that's okay, we get a week to regroup. But if Duke finds a way to win this game under these circumstances, that ought to be a very disconcerting premonition for UNC fans.

All out effort like last two times and we're in it. Just gotta make shots and FTs down the stretch. I think UNC will run us to death in the 2nd half and we lose by 10. I've seen these Devils rise a few times this season though. At Notre Dame comes to mind.

A lot of signs point to us losing this (3 games in 3 days, UNC being called the best team in the nation, etc.) but to hell with those signs. We're winning this thing!!

83-81 Duke. It's going to be tight throughout.

I'm feeling confident. Especially after the minutes we got from Giles and even a few from Bolden yesterday. We're going to need them tonight. My only concern is the third game in three days factor, especially when we really only play 7 guys. Nevertheless, I think we find a way again.

No team has ever won four straight in the new format to win the ACC Championship. We are the most storied franchise in this conference so it might as well be us. We have the best coach to ever walk the sidelines and just passed The Dean for most ACC Tournament wins. We have the coach, we have the players and in my heart I feel we have what it takes.

everybody had some good rest yesterday except tatum and kennard. each played over 38 minutes yesterday. will be interesting how those 2 play in the 2nd half.

I teach high school History and since I cannot concentrate on anything but the game tonight we are learning about the history of DUKE/UNC here in Illinois. Thank god for you tube. We are watching the 2010 game at Cameron. LETS GO DUKE.

It's going to be another really good game, IMO. I just feel like the good guys will find a way. Playing for a third time in three days makes it tough, but this is Duke-Carolina. Our kids will be ready.

There are two teams playing and I love one of them and despise the other teams fans more than I can put into words. Can't see Berry shooting like he did last week.

Its just poetic justice that Duke wins in another shootout.

Duke 91
Idiots 88

They can't say we were the more rested team though. Regardless, they still will know we beat them twice and they beat us once.

Yeah, but they'll say Duke had the edge because they played an extra game and were more loose from playing the extra minutes. The psyche of a Heel fan is something to behold.

OFC

Reactions: dbav
One of the keys in the game tonight will be for Duke to stay in a position to win. We will run out of gas in the second half, and we will find out if the kids can reach down deep for that little extra (all real Championship teams have it).
"K" seemed to have a little extra "hop" in his step yesterday, and I think he will be the difference in this game. Duke reaches down deep and finds a way!
Go Duke!
OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT