ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS UCF - NCAA TOURNAMENT 2ND ROUND OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

All this Tako talk is making me hungry. Where is everyone? It's game day!

Last edited:
I anticipate UCF playing zone to keep Tacko out of foul trouble or from him having to guard Zion if we put Zion at the 5.
If we struggle against the zone this will be a tight game and who knows what happens.
This will be a close game in my opinion.

Zion and RJ can carry us today. After that we'll need Cam and Tre and Bolden to step up. I think they will. Hope to see Cam have a big game today.

Top seeds really taking care of opponents rather easily this round. Really hope we continue this trend. I know it’s all about survive and advance, but I want join the rest of these teams and make a statement

If UCF plays zone we must get them in transition, before they can get set up. Foul trouble could be big in this game if we can't keep them moving. Would love to see us apply "D" pressure from the get go, take the stamina out of Tacko. The best way to keep him from getting the ball is to pressure their guards, make it hard for them to make a clean entry pass. Leave it all on the floor tonight. I think that is exactly what happens, and Duke pulls away and rolls into the Sweet 16.
We're 1-0 with 5 to go!
Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: christophero
I anticipate UCF playing zone to keep Tacko out of foul trouble or from him having to guard Zion if we put Zion at the 5.
If we struggle against the zone this will be a tight game and who knows what happens.
This will be a close game in my opinion.

I can see this too. This will be a unique challenge for us, hopefully we come hungry and focused.

Tacko has never played against a beast like Zion and Zion has never played against a 7'6" tall but slow player like Tacko. Zions speed will just be too much for Tacko to stop in transition. I expect Tacko will alter a few of Zions shots and might block a couple of them.

Duke by 12 to 15 hopefully and please no injuries.

Last edited:
Reactions: christophero
I'm nervous about this game and every game going forward, and I wont get to watch but about the first 15 minutes of tonight. Cheer our guys on tonight fellas....and Go Liberty also!

Reactions: jcdevilfan
I feel the Duke coaches have addressed this with the players. Fall is still 7'6". He doesn't need to jump to have his hands above the rim. He can get rebounds without jumping so being aware of his height is important. It will be easy to foul him because of the height. I hope we will go ahead and drive to the basket and get him into foul trouble. He doesn't seem to be able to get down the court well but still it only takes him a few steps, I really don't think he's gonna be a factor but we have to always be aware of his height. He's probably 6 inches taller than any player we've this year . OFC

Play defense and get out in transition and run and we win going away...Fall can’t run, and if you watch his feet he actually travels a lot offensively..I think refs get focused to much on what’s going on up top, watch his feet.

I feel the Duke coaches have addressed this with the players. Fall is still 7'6". He doesn't need to jump to have his hands above the rim. He can get rebounds without jumping so being aware of his height is important. It will be easy to foul him because of the height. I hope we will go ahead and drive to the basket and get him into foul trouble. He doesn't seem to be able to get down the court well but still it only takes him a few steps, I really don't think he's gonna be a factor but we have to always be aware of his height. He's probably 6 inches taller than any player we've this year . OFC

Koumadje is 7"4' and he didnt seem to be much of a problem for Duke. Go right at the guy and around him.

Reactions: skysdad
Koumadje is 7"4' and he didnt seem to be much of a problem for Duke. Go right at the guy and around him.
Zion is great at going around defenders. If Tacko tries to stop him laterally he’s going to be picking up fouls rather quickly.

https://apple.news/Ap09AlFzMTlyvbqkZnbfwlw

The headline above is great! "Zion Williamson vs Tacko Fall: Winner takes Earth."

D2O44PYU8AEiw8O.jpg:large

Duke 81, UCF 67.

Close again early, but Duke will pull away in the 2nd half.

The only thing anyone will care about tomorrow (outside of UCF and Duke) will be highlights of Zion v. Tacko.

I think Duke ultimately wins the game. Getting Tacko into early foul trouble would be nice though. If he’s on the bench for a lot of time, we should be fine.

Duke: 76
UCF: 61

Let’s go Duke!!

Are we gonna miss the start of our game due to the cheats game starting later?

I think people have really built Fall up to be a lot better than he is. I've watched several of their games this year and he spent half the game on the bench. He does effect shots, but he gets winded pretty quick. We should roll them.

Reactions: dbav
It's about game time. Play hard guys like this is the natty. Take no hostages. Let's have a blowout from the whistle to the gun where there is no doubt. Let's make this a statement game. No posting during game play for me. Checking in ato half time. OFC

Reactions: Louisville Crazie
Can our guys please, for the love of God, start the game off with the same intensity that we always do to start the 2nd half...FOR ONCE!

I say this in no disrespect towards Tacko..

I hope Zion completely posterizes him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT