ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS UCF - NCAA TOURNAMENT 2ND ROUND OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
And now it gets real. A matchup that is certainly two contrasting styles - despite UCF's coach having the deepest of Duke roots.

I've read it all week on here, and it couldn't be more accurate - but we have got to start developing some outside game if we want to win it all. We certainly have the ability to do it - so let's begin a run of five outstanding games, and a great start, today.

Like everyone else, I'm interested to see Tacko Fall in a full game and if he can have a major impact in affecting the way we play. If you remember, early on in the Florida State game Koumadje gave us trouble - but was neutralized in the second half. So while Fall might be able to impact the game, I personally don't feel like it'll be a major one - at least I hope not.

We just need to play free and easy, "Duke" basketball. Our first game (and all the freshman's first tournament game) is behind us and we can play relaxed. I'm confident we will win this game as long as we don't lay a complete egg, but I don't have a feel on whether it'll be a nail biter, or we win with ease?

Today's game is slated for a 5:15pm est tip and will air on CBS. Duke is currently a -13.5 favorite over the Knights of Central Florida.

Duke 81

UCF 66

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They can’t shoot, we can’t shoot.
They can rebound, we can rebound.

They can’t keep up in transition, we glide to the S16 in a fast-paced offense 82-69

Reactions: DUKEFEDFAN
7-D9-D4975-AD13-43-E7-B997-BED657-B17-CD6.jpg

I don't know, Beer, UCF shoots 36% from 3, and they shoot about 20 a game. I think we have to run these guys til they drop, especially Taco. If we get caught in a half-court type game it could get dicey with the way we shoot the 3 ball, but in transition we'll kill 'em.

Duke 74
UCF 67

OFC

They can’t shoot, we can’t shoot.
They can rebound, we can rebound.

They can’t keep up in transition, we glide to the S16 in a fast-paced offense 82-69
They shot lights out from 3 against VCU so we have to defend that. I’m hoping this is the game Cam and AOC get going from 3..

Need Tre, Cam and Goldy forcing turnovers in the backcourt so we don't always have to try to score against Tacko. Making threes would also be nice but, counting on this team to hit them is like praying for rain in the desert.

I'll say Duke 68-54

Making threes would also be nice but, counting on this team to hit them is like praying for rain in the desert.

I'll say Duke 68-54

Agree. If we play solid D, protect the 3 pt line, limit turnovers, and make high percentage 2s, then 3s are icing on the cake

Coach K has a very impressive record against former assistants. And it's even better when the former assistant isn't a Brey :)

Devils take this one in stride. Looking forward to seeing the telephone pole play, but I don't think he's much of an impact. Duke is too athletic for him.

Duke 92
UCF 68

Reactions: christophero
I’m a little nervous.. I dreamed last night that Duke lost.. last time I had a Duke dream the night before a game, it was of Jack White breaking his missed 3pt streak.. and he hit a 3 that game..

I’m going against my dream.. Duke wins by double digits.

To me, it's pretty simple. If we are a championship worthy team, we win this game with some level of comfort. Doesn't mean it will be easy and that we wont need to play well.

I don't know, Beer, UCF shoots 36% from 3, and they shoot about 20 a game. I think we have to run these guys til they drop, especially Taco. If we get caught in a half-court type game it could get dicey with the way we shoot the 3 ball, but in transition we'll kill 'em.

Duke 74
UCF 67

OFC
Agree with you here Dirt

If Chalupa plays well on both sides of the ball I think a great defensive outing will offset his performance. Set the tone with our defensive pressure and turn them over and force easy baskets, break their will with a couple of Zion posters and march into the Sweet 16.

Reactions: jcdevilfan
We are the one seed, they are a nine. This shouldn’t be that close after about 12-15 minutes.
Duke 84-65

I'm going to enjoy every second. Zion makes another spectacular play and Duke cruises to an 82-66 victory.

Need to come out ready to play from the tip. Punch them in the mouth and set the tone early. I believe we will be ready....I know I will. Duke by 10.

Every time I hear Tacko talk I like him more and more.
I really liked his comment about "this game isn't about me and Zion, it's about Duke and UCF"

Zion had a good comment also when they asked about Tacko saying he wasn't going to allow Zion to dunk on him. If you didn't see it, Zion said that Tacko didn't just come out and say that. The media asked him a question and that's the only answer. He can't hair come out and say yeah, he's gonna dunk on me.

Two really good kids

A 15 point win sounds about right. I'm expecting it to be tight in the first half again. Good to have Bolden for this one, and we have Vrank if needed. I look forward to seeing Goldwire's defense again. Let's take care of business and stay healthy.

Reactions: jcdevilfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT