ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS STEPHEN F AUSTIN OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

If we're going to go down to a small school, at least we go down to a really fun team that deserved the W. 19 year streak over. Next play.

Reactions: FearTheBeard
Duke deserved to lose this game. Poor interior defense, poor transition defense, poor free throw shooting, poor half court offensive execution. Tre should have pulled that last shot instead of passing it up to Hurt.

What an embarrassing loss. Inexcusable with the talent. Players and coaches should be ashamed.

Their entire team had four fouls, no reason Carey shouldn’t have gotten the ball every possession. I mean I have no earthly idea why K kept taking him out.

Turnovers and free throws got us! Listen, the haters are coming so let’s be easy on our boys.. SFA is a tournament team and I’d rather we lose a game like this now then in the tourney!

Jesus how embarrassing. SFA was just better tonight. Free throws abysmal once again. Freshman played like freshman and Tre has a double double but also had 8 turnovers and some at critical times. It’s only one game but it’s going to sting for a while.

Dreadful loss no doubt. Tre just looked lost all game. SFA played like it mattered and Duke didn’t. Of course they were embarrassingly dirty all night but whatever. Hopefully this wakes this squad up and teaches the value of free throws and uh, ya know, not throwing the ball 6 times in 5 minutes.

Reactions: tripleb71
It is what it is. Congrats to SFA.

To everyone else:

R-E-L-A-X

The sun will come up tomorrow. Duke will blow some teams out. They’ll also lose again. This is a good team with the GOAT as the coach. WoooooSaaaaa.

Tre Jones screws up the offense 3 times and what does k do? Let’s him fend out there for himself . Reminds me of last year. Sucks when you have 0 experience that you can count on since you don’t develop anyone that isn’t a five star player. Sorry but these guys deserve better. Proofs in the pudding.

Reactions: pisgah101
All this shows is how easily veterans can expose freshmen in CBB and why it's so rare that freshmen led teams can win the title. It's possible Duke could become better but this is not a championship type team unless they change a lot. And they

No one could stop Harris.

And 20 turnovers.

They should thank the basketball gods they only play one game against both Louisville and Virginia.

The last ten minutes and overtime is as bad decision making as you will see from Coach K. Everyone was just terrible tonight..unfortunately we deserved to lose this one.

After all of it we still had a chance. We can’t play any worse than we did and we don’t even put our best offensive weapon on the floor...Seesh

Had not the payroll department screwed me out of $1200 this week here before Christmas, this would really have me pissed, but worse things in life than a basketball loss are happening everyday to people. Keep things in perspective

We got exactly what we deserved piss poor all night long terrible defense giving up layup after layup sloppy with the ball and missing 16 free throws!!! What a sickening way to lose our home court winning streak right before Thanksgiving... haters out in droves and very well deserved after that performance

Reactions: 1dukeblue
Tre was absolutely dreadful, I’m not being a prisoner of the moment but he isn’t close to an nba pg. last 10 seconds were a joke, no Carey on the floor wtf

Reactions: 1dukeblue
Turnovers and free throws got us! Listen, the haters are coming so let’s be easy on our boys.. SFA is a tournament team and I’d rather we lose a game like this now then in the tourney!
SFA just won their Natty. Wouldn’t surprise me if they make no noise the rest of the year. They are still better than Evansville

I’ve been telling my wife for the past two weeks that this team is nowhere near the team from last year even with last years shortcomings. This year is just masked by a very mediocre D1 level.
This year is going to be wide open. The big dogs at the top in the beginning have all had head scratching losses. The one's that haven't, in due time.

Reactions: Fourteen44
K wasn’t on the floor turning the ball over or missing free throws.

Every time Duke scores they scored. Growing pains to learn from. I thought Duke was a top ten team not number one. Always better to fix things in November then February.

Right now Duke needs to find scoring and someone who wants to help off the bench in some way besides White.

Hats off to SFA, you give a team life they are gonna fight . Turnovers were the telling sign of this game and points allowed in the paint caped with poor ft shooting

Reactions: dukesince91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT