ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NOTRE DAME OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
I'm sure K doesn't like the quick turnaround, but on a personal note and on a confidence note, I like it. We get right back at it after a rough home game and just have to keep grinding, get a little help from conference members (regarding who beats up on who), and win the ACC and look for a #1 seed in the tourney.

With out Bonzie Colson, this team just has not been the same They've got some tough bad losses and are really struggling without him. They come in at 13-8 and losers of five straight and five out of six since Colson's untimely . We don't have a game on the schedule we can coast through. And after a loss, I'm guessing we're hungry for blood.

Tonight's game will air on ESPNHD and is scheduled for a 6pm est tip!

Vegas agrees that we should bounce back with us as a 14.5 pt favorite. That’s a big number. I’m showing it as a 7pm tip est....

I feel for ND if our boys play defense like the second half against Virginia.

Duval and the perimeter get on page in this one.

Reactions: CRAZIE4LIFE
Hope we can jump out to a comfortable lead so Grayson can sit some. I think we win by 12.

Reactions: sheyduke
Its not only Colson, but highly regarded Matt Farrell out too for the Irish.They still fight hard, and this is always a "Super Bowl" of sorts for ex K asst and Notre Dame coach Mike Brey. (The two coaches are not close at all anymore).

I am hesitant to call us to win in a blowout, because of the emotion of Saturday's matchup. I think its a fairly close game for a half to the 10 minute mark, but Duke winds up winning 96-80.

OFC

I'm sure K doesn't like the quick turnaround, but on a personal note and on a confidence note, I like it. We get right back at it after a rough home game and just have to keep grinding, get a little help from conference members (regarding who beats up on who), and win the ACC and look for a #1 seed in the tourney.

With out Bonzie Colson, this team just has not been the same They've got some tough bad losses and are really struggling without him. They come in at 13-8 and losers of five straight and five out of six since Colson's untimely . We don't have a game on the schedule we can coast through. And after a loss, I'm guessing we're hungry for blood.

Tonight's game will air on ESPNHD and is scheduled for a 6pm est tip!

What's your prediction on the score. OFC

Love the quick turnaround after a loss.

Duke 90
ND 71

Really unfortunate we lost to UVA, I'm still a little bummed. That said, it's another reality check for these guys and shows them how hard it is to be a championship caliber team. Still love the fight they've shown when we are behind. Hopefully we can come out strong against ND and make sure the outcome is never in doubt. And can Grayson PLEASE have one big scoring night to remind himself how capable he is. Marvin and Wendell will once again show us they are one of the best frontcourts we have ever seen in Duke blue.

Duke-92
ND-78

Last edited:
I think Duke's offense will be on fire after having to work so hard for shots against UVA. I expect Duke to play all man to man (clearly Coach K wants them to have every opportunity to improve with it). I'd like to see AOC, Javin and maybe Bolden get some time and give some production, mostly for their own self confidence. Other than that, I don't expect to learn much tonight since ND is so undermanned.

I'm gonna break my streak and post pregame. I think we come out hungry and take this one. It will be close because it always is with the damn Irish, but we'll take it.

I believe we win, but with a quick turnaround (perhaps a little hangover), and considering the opponent (yeah, I know they're depleted, but it's still ND) that it might be a tougher game than we expect. I hope I'm wrong. The main thing is getting the W. Go Duke!!!

Duke 84
ND 78

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Duke 89
ND 78

Got to keep rec BB scores tonight and I will miss the game. Let's hope we get have a great game and some real positive in game post game remarks.

OFC

Last edited:
I think with Colson and Farrell being out, Duke should win comfortably

Duke: 88
ND: 73

Let’s go Duke!!

I am ready to see Grayson explode for a big game!!!! Tonight is the night! Duke by a bunch!!!!!
OFC

I like us big....I’m excited for us to get right back out there

Duke 87
ND 70

Us- 77
Them- 64

I'm hoping for a blow out, Lets bounce back fellas, go on a run, and show these following teams we're playing what you're made of and what to they can expect come ACC tourney and beyond. GO DUKE!

This would be a great time for the Staff to begin concentrating on the guards, because Bags & Carter are going to be there. Trevon, get under control and just let the game come to you, and Grayson & Gary score, especially you Grayson! At some point in time, Grayson must become a little more selfish, for the good of this team. Hopefully, these things start tonight. Duke bounces back and starts a new win streak tonight.
Go Duke!
OFC

This would be a great time for the Staff to begin concentrating on the guards, because Bags & Carter are going to be there. Trevon, get under control and just let the game come to you, and Grayson & Gary score, especially you Grayson! At some point in time, Grayson must become a little more selfish, for the good of this team. Hopefully, these things start tonight. Duke bounces back and starts a new win streak tonight.
Go Duke!
OFC

Hold up now. Let’s not go away from the strength much. Get the guards a few more shots IF they’re good shots. We need to play inside out no matter who we play

I feel a 6 to 8 game win streak arising. Things will take shape soon. we won't see defense like that again for a while.
How many games do we have left until we've played 40. Thats the win streak I'm hoping for.

I am going with the Devils 84-68 tonight. Irish has lots of injuries but Brey is a good coach and always gets a top effort out of them. I expect ND to fight like crazy but we have too much talent.

I'm happy we don't have to wait another day after that home loss. I'm ready to put that behind me in a good way. Let's go Devils! Beat dat azz!

I'm happy we don't have to wait another day after that home loss. I'm ready to put that behind me in a good way. Let's go Devils! Beat dat azz!

Agree. I'm always ready for the next game after a loss. Can't wait. OFC

ND's worst loss in January was by 9 points at Clemson. I don't think it will be a blowout but maybe something like 80 to 70.

Time to show up Grayson....and Duval it's time to start playing like the keys to the engine...hopefully both start tonight....time to send a message

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT