ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NOTRE DAME OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I am not going to write off Tatum, he is gifted for sure. But his mistakes are generally couple with a lazy mentality that to me just can't happen when you put on a Duke uniform. I root for all of our players to succeed, especially the ones that get criticized most. But first impressions are a big part of life and one and done players have very little time to show us as fans that they care about their pledge to their school and not that they are simply here as a placeholder.

Tatums played a heck of a lot better and this board can't stand him smh

Nobody here don't NOT like him...I doubt many here know him personally

People here or at least most don't like his game and the way he plays....big difference

Very nice half. Looked better in all aspects. Nice that my blood pressure isn't through the roof by halftime lol.

Reactions: DukeCE2006
Tatum really came back from a poor start. We need Jason Tatum, for Duke to be an outstanding team.

OFC

He wasn't that bad at the beginning. His defense has been good and he really looks different out there. Where is all the anger at Jones missing point blank 3's throughout the year? People should give him more of a chance

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
He's played good D and pretty good rebounding but his shot selection and passing plain sucks.

I am not going to write off Tatum, he is gifted for sure. But his mistakes are generally couple with a lazy mentality that to me just can't happen when you put on a Duke uniform. I root for all of our players to succeed, especially the ones that get criticized most. But first impressions are a big part of life and one and done players have very little time to show us as fans that they care about their pledge to their school and not that they are simply here as a placeholder.

On that lazy pass he should've never been bringing the ball up in the first place. As much as that was a lazy pass the guards should've been there for him, they didn't exactly get in a great position for the ball. The guy was all over Kennard
Nobody here don't NOT like him...I doubt many here know him personally

People here or at least most don't like his game and the way he plays....big difference

Dude some people are on here wishing that he would go in the dog house and not play. that qualifies as "can't stand him"

Played a good 20 minutes of Duke basketball and that's wearing those awful black uni's. We have another 20 minutes to go and another 20 minutes of very good Duke basketball . Please if we are winning big let's not let up. No stall ball even if we are up 15 with 5 minutes left. Increase this lead. Accept nothing less. OFC

Reactions: Dad2ze
We played well that half. As did Tatum. I don't really understand how that could be disputed.

I lost connection and missed the end of the half...how the hell did we break it open?

Like him or hate him, we don't make a deep run in the tourney without Tatum. He adds so much flexibility to us offensively and defensively. I agree that he's had really questionable shot selection in previous games, but that hasn't been the case today. His lazy pass when he brought up the ball shouldn't diminish all of the good things he's done that first half.

Definitely glad Tatum has played better this game but it seems a little weird for people to act like "I have no earthly idea why anyone would ever think Tatum should be benched".

It doesn't matter anyway.
Do you think we beat Wake with him not fouling out?

I don't know. What I do know is that due to the MANY things he CAN do, he is very important to this team. The best bet is to hope he continues to improve in the areas he's been struggling in such as shot selection etc. a kid that can do it ALL, you better coach him up and get the best out of him. He can NOT score and still have a major impact due to rebounding blocking shots altering shots etc...

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
It's a team game, and we need everyone to play to their potential. Jason Tatum is a part of it, and I think he's getting better, but he's having to alter his game from being "The Guy", to one of "These Guys"...and that's a big change. There are going to be bumps in the road, so we have to have some patience.

OFC

Reactions: Dukesince90
Did bolden really get two fouls? I swear I never saw him. Is jeter still hurt?

Stupid people are stupid for a reason. It's become an all-out witch hunt now....there's no going back.

Tatum made some inexcusable plays, but he played well. The problem is, every mistake, even a minor one, is magnified by some right now. Jayson has become the new Matt Jones.
Exactly. People are looking for any reason to support their claim that he should be benched. All of the positives are being ignored while one specific play is brought up over and over again.

True. And Tatum's issues are about more than one game my friend.

Let's sit matt jones then because he's been garbage at wide open 3's all year. Allen to because he's had some really terrible games. Amile too. He's a freshman let him grow and move on.

Idk why we started to press. Why mess with something that wasn't broken?

Well, Notre Dame wasn't going to shoot 30% again and go 8+ minutes without a FG. They have something to play for, too.

Let's sit matt jones then because he's been garbage at wide open 3's all year. Allen to because he's had some really terrible games. Amile too. He's a freshman let him grow and move on.
Agree to disagree I guess. Mistakes are going to happen. But I just see selfish play on a completely different level.

Reactions: pisgah101
expect to see all the typical home vs road advantages play out here.....the shots will start going in, the calls will start leaning one way and the adversity is going to rise.....We need to dig deep and fight for this W

And once again we are back to not contesting jump shots and giving up straight line drives. Come on fellas fight thru this surge by ND

Tatum is a freshman and is allowed to make freshman mistakes but when you miss two wide open layups, dribble behind your back for no reason, make a dumb pass, take stupid shots...it kinda adds up over time. It's not rocket science. It's just frustrating because we've had so much more outta so less.

Reactions: pisgah101
Ok team if the game was over we would be getting on the bus and heading to the airport but we are on the court. Tighten up. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT