ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NOTRE DAME OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Just hoping that our incredible turnaround on Saturday, along with the fact that we're home. Not if we could only learn to defend.....

Not sure why I thought this was at home - my bad everyone. On the road, JUST WIN BABY!

Tonight's game is slated for an 8pm est tip and will air on ESPN HD

Duke 84

Notre Dame 79

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Are you sure about this game being at Cameron, K-ville? I thought it was at Notre Dame. It's going to be a tough game for us to win, and ND is coming off a loss also. I'm still picking our Devils though. Go Duke!

Duke 80
ND 78

OFC

Yep this one is @ND

Much better Duke teams than this have been beaten by ND...Mike Brey seems to have our number good since joining the ACC...

I won't actually believe we can beat this coach and program until I start to see it..

ND by double digits..but...I'd like to believe we could be possibly turning a corner a bit...we really cant afford to lose anymore of these games....

ND 84
Duke 70

Hope we have turned the corner! We shall see! Duke in a close one! GO DUKE!!!

OFC

Notes Dame in a tight one. They will not beat themselves at home. Colson will have a monsterous night like he always does against Duke.
ND 86
Duke 77

Op said game is at Duke and tip is at 8.

Game actually seems to be at ND at tip is at 7.

Op is undercover UNC fan messing with Duke fans?

Reactions: skysdad
Mike Brey owns us/ Coach K and that douche Bonzie Colson even as a freshman killed us.

That being said....Capel is coaching and I have a gut feeling we win this since we aren't expected to. Giles finally goes off and we win by 6.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Mike Brey owns us/ Coach K and that douche Bonzie Colson even as a freshman killed us.

That being said....Capel is coaching and I have a gut feeling we win this since we aren't expected to. Giles finally goes off and we win by 6.

Why do you call Bonzie Colson a douche?? He has always seemed like a quiet, hard working, lead by example type player to me.

Reactions: sheyduke
Why do you call Bonzie Colson a douche?? He has always seemed like a quiet, hard working, lead by example type player to me.

Lol, no reason other then the hate for him always having his best and breakout games versus us. He somehow becomes an Allstar everytime we face him. :eek:

Tough game tonight, Duke wins 82-77. Good games for Kenard, Allen & Tatum. The team we have been waiting for shows up for entire game.

This is the time of year when a win is a win. Not going to be easy, but it is a big deciding point in the direction this team will head the rest of the season. Not super optimistic, but here's to hoping they grind one out.

My gut tells me that Notre Dame wins this game by 10+.

The line (pick em) tells me that Duke has a legitimate shot at winning tonight. Vegas is begging for Notre dame money.

We'll see how this group continues to progress. I still don't like Kennard and Allen in the same lineup.

Reactions: Duke It Out
Between Vegas setting this game as a pick em, and most posters here are predicting a Duke loss, I will take Duke in this one.

My gut feeling is Duke plays one of their better games of the year and gets a statement victory.

A win here would be Duke's best win on the season - on the road at a top 20 team. Duke needs a "marquee" win. Unfortunately, they will have to contend with Colson looking like the National Player of the Year, as he tends to against Duke.

Campus seems a little slow for such a big home game. Me and @krzyzewskiville are the only ones in line at CIS right now. Oh well, I paid a ton of money for these tickets and had to drive prettttty deep into the hood to pick them up. So I plan on having some fun! Go Duke!

(PS I think we lose a close one)

The line (pick em) tells me that Duke has a legitimate shot at winning tonight. Vegas is begging for Notre dame money.

We'll see how this group continues to progress. I still don't like Kennard and Allen in the same lineup.
I would like to see Allen, Kennard,Jackson ,Giles and Jefferson together.
Work the ball inside to Jefferson who can either score or kick out for 3 pt shot. Giles can get offensive rebounds.
I was very surprised to see the betting line. Thought it would be 4.5- 6 pts.
Vegas does not give away free money. I think Duke might win this tonight.
Just hope Valentine gets the night off.

I think we lose this one. However, if we happen to win, we are about to go on a major run!

ND doesnt play any traditional bigs, so prob no Bolden at all and I hope Harry can stay with whoever.....hopefully tatum blankets vasturia and matt puts his mojo on beachum....we are gonna pull this one out...Go Duke!!!!!

What is the reason you don't like Kennard and Allen in lineup together? They seem to be clicking, and if not for those 2, a loss would have happened Saturday

We win, Duke is about go on a run. Will be feared again going into Carolina game!!

What is the reason you don't like Kennard and Allen in lineup together? They seem to be clicking, and if not for those 2, a loss would have happened Saturday

Because they both are a liability on defense. It's tough to play sound team defense when you have 2 guys that can't stay in front of their man. I love them both individually but if you watch them on and off the ball on defense they struggle mightily. It's easy to see who is putting the ball in the hoop for us, it's tougher to track who is giving up breakdowns on the other side. They both should play and play a lot but I personally don't like both of them in the same lineup. Just my opinion

ND coming off two losses in a row and playing at home really makes this game a tough one to win. I don't think we're there yet, but I'm a homer.
DUKE 82
ND 80

Because they both are a liability on defense. It's tough to play sound team defense when you have 2 guys that can't stay in front of their man. I love them both individually but if you watch them on and off the ball on defense they struggle mightily. It's easy to see who is putting the ball in the hoop for us, it's tougher to track who is giving up breakdowns on the other side. They both should play and play a lot but I personally don't like both of them in the same lineup. Just my opinion
The interior defense hurts us the most. Not having our two most effective scorers on the floor together does not make up for what we would gain on defense. IMO.

Reactions: DukeJim99
ND coming off two losses in a row and playing at home really makes this game a tough one to win. I don't think we're there yet, but I'm a homer.
DUKE 82
ND 80

Yep me too DukeSince, gotta go w/my boys. Going out on limb and saying Tatum really learned something from his time on bench at end Saturday. He has to clearly see now IMO there are other players on this team who can help us win. He plays his best game tonite and we win-

Duke, 86-81

OFC

I hate this game. ND has a really good PG and he could potentially rip our defense up with the drive, draw, and dish to teammates for easy scores plus his outside game as well. I hope Duke plays really well. If so Duke wins

Duke 74
ND. 70

ND and Colson.

Duke hasn't shown anything to differ and ND is way better then Wake.

I'm a homer but if Duke wins tonight and pulls this off then they are starting to get it but I want to see it first.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT