ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NOTRE DAME OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

big big big biiiiiig win for this team. it was time that these kids got to see something go right and gain a little confidence. definitely a resume booster tonight. i really dont know how vegas does it, but they always seem to know what is what.

Bwahahahahahah
facebook_1485833433876_zps6tgnwhdi.jpg

Well my UNC fan husband seems to think that after this game ND is going to shoot lights out Saturday and beat the crap out of UNC. I sure hope he's right!!

I can get behind that. Vasturia is certainly due....didn't they flash a sta late in the game that said he was like 2-for-16 the last two games? Hopefully he explodes on Saturday.

Reactions: bluedevilfan42
It was great for Duke to turn the momentum in the second half when ND cut the lead to 1 point. Most teams fold there and I had my doubts also, but they withstood the run and spread it back out to double digits again. That has to be huge for their confidence. That's vintage Duke

Reactions: jcdevilfan
Had to record this one and just finished watching it. I couldn't be happier that we got a decisive road win. Tatum had a beast of a game and I loved that he seemed to include the team more (especially in the first half). Also, Allen has been handling all the crap thrown at him tremendously. Between Wake Forest and this game, he has been completely calm and composed. When both Luke and Amile went out, I was definitely worried, but our guys didn't cave down the stretch. Proud of this team tonight.

Last edited:
Stupid people are stupid for a reason. It's become an all-out witch hunt now....there's no going back.

Tatum made some inexcusable plays, but he played well. The problem is, every mistake, even a minor one, is magnified by some right now. Jayson has become the new Matt Jones.
Our own damn fans are treating Jayson like ESPN treats Grayson disgusting and stupid

Wow. THAT , was a big win and a really nice move in the right direction. I did not think we'd pull this one out. So happy for the road wins. If this team pulls together, it could still become great, time will tell. A win at ND is fantastic for this fella! Good job Coach Capel!

It was great for Duke to turn the momentum in the second half when ND cut the lead to 1 point. Most teams fold there and I had my doubts also, but they withstood the run and spread it back out to double digits again. That has to be huge for their confidence. That's vintage Duke

Not to be over dramatic, but that was not only the turning point in the game but maybe the season. Big Confidence Boost

Reactions: hart2chesson
Yes I think we were playing to many players early. Staff has realized that's just not who we are. Part of buying in is excepting whatever role you may have. Like Vrank coming in, or Bolden vs Miami. Really excited about things coming together.

Completely agree. In some recent games, it has looked like Capel was just throwing lineups against the wall early, hoping something would stick. Now, roles are starting the be established (something most teams did a few months ago, but Duke didn't have that luxury). That is a VERY big deal. You have to have that continuity to have any chance at success.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Do the cheats play any road conference games? I mean every time I turn around it seems someone is AT the banner dome......

OFC

Reactions: Laettner
Workmanlike performance last night & didn't lose composure after ND's run. We played team defense & defended the perimeter very well.

Tatum played very smart and took what the defense gave him.
Do the cheats play any road conference games? I mean every time I turn around it seems someone is AT the banner dome......

OFC

Played at BC, attendance of 237 in Chestnut!

Played at BC, attendance of 237 in Chestnut!

They also played at GT at literally the exact same time the Yellow Jacket football team was playing their bowl game, so there were about 13 people there (and the Cheats still lost).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT