ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- Duke vs Wake II

Dribble left…. Dribble right… shoot a midrange jumper…

Note to Scheyer: go to the page that says if we’re winning fairly late in the game, run stall ball offense. Tear that page out, and burn it.
The issue is it works more than it does not,.we just notice mostly when it works...

Reactions: Liftee
Again, just watching live updates on my phone while working. But sounds like if we make some FTs and they miss a 40 foot three and we win by 10. Agreed we need to get better at winning. But a win is a win.

Am I the only one who has absolutely no idea what to expect Saturday??

Even if we lose Saturday (I just threw up in my mouth a little) these 2 wins have got us some separation from the ton of 14-7 type teams out there. Oddly enough we dropped to 30th on Kenpom despite winning. Roach and Proctor playing at a higher level the last few games have made us better. Roach just seems healthier, and Proctor is starting to figure it out. Lively needs to avoid getting 2 quick fouls Sat.

Last edited:
Love and Davis are going to have a field day Saturday. Need Proctor, Roach, Grandison, Schutt( if he gets in) and Blakes to put down the defensive clamp from the jump. Pressure is what kills UNC’s offense .
Bacot will have flip and Lively in foul trouble . Lively will have to go up strong and Flip cannot drop his shoulder Bacot will take a charge .
The rest is up to the benches . Mitchell will guard Nance some .

Oh yeah . GTHC , GTH!!!

Reactions: hart2chesson
Note to Scheyer: go to the page that says if we’re winning fairly late in the game, run stall ball offense. Tear that page out, and burn it.
YES, PLEASE....^ Jon's gotta be his own man. Not follow the K script to the max. He did design a heckuva out of bounds play near the finish on a breakaway pass to Flip for a jam. I don't know if K would have taken that chance. Oh well, on to the Cheats.

OFC

I will be presently surprised if we don’t lose the next three games.

I think we will lose to UNC by double digits and it won’t be close really.

I will be presently surprised if we don’t lose the next three games.

I think we will lose to UNC by double digits and it won’t be close really.
Maybe you can bend Jon’s ear these next 3 days so we will have a chance.

Up to 22nd in NET. That's not bad at all considering how much the "committee" looks at those rankings come selection sunday.

Good win. We better figure out how to close out games though or it will bite us eventually. Remember how bad the BC game ending was???

Really tough stretch for the next 3 games. IF (and it’s a big if) and can somehow go 2-1 over these next 3, I’ll feel confident this team has made strides and could be a scary 4 or 5 seed come March.

Reactions: pisgah101
Love and Davis are going to have a field day Saturday. Need Proctor, Roach, Grandison, Schutt( if he gets in) and Blakes to put down the defensive clamp from the jump. Pressure is what kills UNC’s offense .
Bacot will have flip and Lively in foul trouble . Lively will have to go up strong and Flip cannot drop his shoulder Bacot will take a charge .
The rest is up to the benches . Mitchell will guard Nance some .

Oh yeah . GTHC , GTH!!!
And Bacot will Fake take a charge. Who guards Leaky? GTHC!, GTH! OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
The team has definitely made strides, in fact this team has improved more in season than any of Ks last few seasons did in my opinion.

With that said these next 3 are tough, I’d almost accept 1-2 and not even play. ALMOST

I think Scheyer will be a great coach and he’s getting better.

And Bacot will Fake take a charge. Who guards Leaky? GTHC!, GTH! OFC
Mitchell and Whitehead.

In all honesty , IMO . I see Love and Davis being to much against this young team and Bacot gets some head scratching fouls on Flip .

Reactions: Devilinside
The team has definitely made strides, in fact this team has improved more in season than any of Ks last few seasons did in my opinion.

With that said these next 3 are tough, I’d almost accept 1-2 and not even play. ALMOST

I think Scheyer will be a great coach and he’s getting better.
Agree with everything, except almost accepting going 1-2. I want 2-1 or 3-0.

Agree with everything, except almost accepting going 1-2. I want 2-1 or 3-0.
I know that we want 3-0 but 1-2 would not devastate me as long as we keep improving and get Whitehead healthy. 2-1 would be fantastic and I have hope but that is a brutal little stretch. That said, this team is getting better and no better time of the year for it to happen. Please let the Hyde side of Love show up next game.

Reactions: dukesince91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT