ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
I'm keeping it short and sweet fellas, same pattern. Just win.

Duke enters as a -3.5, which I'm not a fan of to be honest, and outside of Clemson, they haven't been covering recently. Tip is set for 6pm est and the game will air on ESPN.

Duke - 74

UNC - 73

GO DUkE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duke enters as a -3.5, which I'm not a fan of to be honestly, and outside of Clemson, they haven't been covering recently. Tip is set for 6pm est and the game will air on ESPN.

Duke - 74

UNC - 73

GO DUkE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah frankly I am shocked we're favored, particularly after the Miami Mess! We bring those same vibes and carefree attitude tonite and we'll get blown out of Cameron. I would think three quarters of the $ at least is on the Cheats.

I fear UNC's dominance on the boards, over the back no-calls, and general significant advantage inside. (Hurt must get more than the
2-3 boards he had Monday for us to even have a chance).

Figuring Cheats dominate interior, I think Duke must shut down UNC on perimeter (Walton can kill it from outside), and their guards penetration off dribble to have a chance.

Duke's bigs need to stay out of foul trouble, and we need balanced scoring with everybody getting in the act (like Clemson win) to have a decent chance. Head says Unc by 10-12 though, and I will go with that....(Heart hoping otherwise obviously),

UNC 88-74

OFC

Reactions: christophero
UNC beats us up inside...we lose by double digits.

UNC 77
Duke 65

Not gonna post anything negative because I'm afraid some of these snowflakes may get upset and "put me in my place" again as they called it....and may call me names again too...don't want to upset the yes men

Not gonna post anything negative because I'm afraid some of these snowflakes may get upset and "put me in my place" again as they called it....and may call me names again too...don't want to upset the yes men

Hey brother I don’t really have any beef or dog in this fight but why not just post things related to Duke basketball and keep everything relatively cordial? I’ve been super critical of some of the team and their play many times over the years but I try not to get involved in any personal attacks or anything like that they could bring the board down… This board used to be really really great but it seems like it’s the wild wild west of personal attacks and insults with no real moderation… Just my two cents it’s the reason many people not post anymore anymore.

Hey brother I don’t really have any beef or dog in this fight but why not just post things related to Duke basketball and keep everything relatively cordial? I’ve been super critical of some of the team and their play many times over the years but I try not to get involved in any personal attacks or anything like that they could bring the board down… This board used to be really really great but it seems like it’s the wild wild west of personal attacks and insults with no real moderation… Just my two cents it’s the reason many people not post anymore anymore.

sorry buddy but when someone attacks me first and calls names I reply because I'm not taking anything from anyone

if people take my opinion about things that way and attack me you darn right I'm firing back sorry

sorry buddy but when someone attacks me first and calls names I reply because I'm not taking anything from anyone

if people take my opinion about things that way and attack me you darn right I'm firing back sorry

I get it. I’m older and I was probably that way right out of college or several years after that stuff would bother me but now at my age (50) I have a different perspective on life and eventually you learn that those things literally don’t mean jack ****. I’m comfortable enough in my own skin to not let what some stranger thinks of me on a anonymous message board matter at all - if I don’t like what they’re saying I’ll just put them on ignore. If someone is barking at me in my face on the street that’s a different situation and I would handle it differently.... but arguing constantly on a message board to me seems pointless.

People may not care but no matter what it’s the reason this board has deteriorated the way it has. The people that run the board also may not care but I know personally I canceled my premium subscription because of how the main board is run. I would just like for it to get back to the way it was… It was the best Duke forum on the Internet at one time. I know that @BrianMc truly wants the best for the board....I’m also wanting it to get back to being the best.

Hard to call this one. If we had beaten Miami I would feel much better about this game. Obviously we need to play like we did against GT or Clemson. Hurt and JJ must play smart, as must Williams. Are Tape and Coleman up for some minutes? Moore could be an X factor; with all the noise about our last loss he had a really good game. The guards must cut down on the turnovers. A lot of unknowns. I'm too nervous to watch this one.

I feel like I'll be watching this one with my hands covering my face, peeking thru my fingers. We have the ability to win this game, but not if we come out soft and passive. Hopefully guys on the team who have played in this rivalry before can get the freshmen hyped up. It's just not the same without the fans. UNC's size and experience inside concern me, but this past week, they proved they are vulnerable too. Which Duke team shows up???

Duke 73
UNC 68

Duke makes the tarholes look like a top 10 team.
holes-84
Duke-73

Game preview:

I hope we can pull it out but just don't see it...has anyone seen anything to say we are better than them right now? I sure haven't...neither team is very good

But if we want any chance to make the NCAA tournament we better find a way to win this game...if we don't we won't make it and shouldn't make it at this point.

We have one win against an average at best clemson team.,..nothing else unless you want to count a bad loss or two

They are going to have trouble guarding Hurt and Johnson but we have to make sure they don’t outrebound us by 30+ we have to shoot the ball well and limit the turnovers hopefully we can get out to a decent start!!!

No atmosphere from the Crazies, and do the freshman players understand the true passion of the game given this years circumstances on and off the court? If they understand the significance of the game to the fan base and show the fire and determination to defend our house....we win....if they see it as just another ACC game, it does not bode well with the Cheats inside presence as an edge. But ...keeping the faith...we win a squeaker - GTHC...( apologies in advance to my wife for all the shouting and cussing! )

Isn't UNC-Duke one of the reasons you go to Duke? I certainly hope the players realize how big the rivalry is. These guys want to go to the NBA; they should not need students jumping up and down to get them into the game.

Isn't UNC-Duke one of the reasons you go to Duke? I certainly hope the players realize how big the rivalry is. These guys want to go to the NBA; they should not need students jumping up and down to get them into the game.

No doubt but as Coach K said in one of his pressers that we don't play with intensity at times. I really hope they have it today because its a game for the ages for all of them, a chance to memorialize their time at Duke with a win over our rival. Fans would really help, the echoing hollow atmosphere in current circumstances does not....we shall see!

Williams has made progress but this is a huge test for him. Hoping Tape can give us some minutes. We need another big body tonight. Tape was brought in for games like these.

Last edited:
Line came out at Duke -3.5, dropped to 3 , went to 4 and it now at 3.5. I think it will be a very close game. 75-73 type game. Free throws , turnovers and rebounds. Whichever teams wins 2 of those
totals wins the game.

These games usually are close. I think I've been traumatized by that game we were losing by like 25 at halftime.

If Williams doesn’t play much we will struggle. This is the perfect game to play the big men. We need to think defense and rebounding to win this game. Not trying to win a shootout

Williams is going to have to play. No way we win with just Hurt and JJ. That being said we could smallball them for stretches.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanInNJ
The best way to beat the holes is to not get killed on the boards and get back on d. We control those 2, we’ll have a chance.

The best way to beat the holes is to not get killed on the boards and get back on d. We control those 2, we’ll have a chance.

I agree. UNC outrebounded Clemson by 10 and still lost by 13. We can give up rebounds as long as those rebounds do not result in any points.

Reactions: timo0402
Here’s my break down:

UNC’s bigs play down low and can get pulled away from the basket. As long as Hurt uses the pump fake and he shoots it sharpe and Bacot are easily in foul trouble. Brooks will hold hurt and imo, Brooks wins this defensive battle. Hurt gets the nudge on offense.

Jalen must attack with caution Bacot and Brooks will bait for charges and this is Johnson’s one Achilles Hill is he’s foul prone . Edge to Johnson don’t think their bigs can stay in front of him or hoping they can’t.

Guard play is key and up in the air. Who would have thought playtek would be a hard guard here but he always shoots well against us.

Pg battle I’ll give to Roach and Goldwire Steward and Moore will have their handsful with Love.

Guard the three and play solid inside defense and Duke wins.

I never pick against us against UNC but this one will be a good game with Duke pulling it out by Two

I ain’t even gonna watch. I’d rather wake up and check the score and rewatch if we win lol

All I know is, win or loose it’s always nice to say!

GTHC, GTH

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT