ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NC STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

K shouldn't need to hold these pathetic POSs hands, they know what to do to win and it's all on playing hard. I would let them get embarrassed everytime they wouldn't play hard too...this is what we deserve, not one iota of this is on K you dumbasses.

Jeez, no sense in calling our players this. Time to step away from the ledge.

OFC

It has been said earlier, Duke has been struggling for the last few games minus one half against ND. Not the trend you want with March coming up. To get beat down like this by this State team shows they are not ready to make a FF run. They will have to win out including the tourney to even be considered for a 1 seed now
Duke is not getting a number one seed even if they win out. There is atleast three teams ahead of Duke.

I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if this carried over to VT. This is as embarrassing as the SFA loss

Reactions: germantondevil
Well we fail to win the acc again no matter what. This was embarrassing, I’m sure we’ll win Saturday to give a false sense of hope but this team ain’t it. You think zags, SDSU, Kansas would lose by 20 to nc state?????

Well the last minute just summed up the whole night. Just flat out embarrassing.

On to the next one. I haven't felt this disappointed in a long time. Not sure what was wrong with the entire team tonight.
Agreed. This has been such a successful year for so many reasons...this squad has some flaws, of which competitive fire is not usually included. Thankfully, they have also shown tremendous toughness many times and that’s simply what it will take to move on from this. With that said, here’s to never having to watch THIS again...

Reactions: retiredsoldier
I swear I think we have some posters that just love to see Duke lose so they can talk crap. This is just a good old fashion butt whooping. We will get better and refocus.

Reactions: retiredsoldier
I love our players man, it's just when they refuse to even play hard time and time again, it drives me insane when some of these same idiots continue to say somehow it's Ks fault...these guys just REFUSE to play hard to start games so they deserve this, but K had nothing to do with it.

In our 3 losses this season we’ve been bad in at least 2 of 3 statistical categories: free throw shooting, 3 point shooting and turnovers. Tonight we’ve been bad in all 3 statistical categories: free throw shooting (10-22), 3 point shooting (3-15) and 13 turnovers.

I swear I think we have some posters that just love to see Duke lose so they can talk crap. This is just a good old fashion butt whooping. We will get better and refocus.
You realize March is almost like two weeks away ? Duke hasn’t gotten any better at all.

A 23 point whipping by a bottom tier ACC team only proves every team has learned Duke can not play physical or handle pressure.

13 turnovers isn't that terrible though, it's a decent avg...it's our effort and our FT shooting that hurts us every time.

Been feeling this ever since I joined this board. Not hard to find them either. Sometimes, this is exactly what a team needs. They got embarrassed on national tv again. That's twice, I sure hope it's the last.

I love our players man, it's just when they refuse to even play hard time and time again, it drives me insane when some of these same idiots continue to say somehow it's Ks fault...these guys just REFUSE to play hard to start games so they deserve this, but K had nothing to do with it.
I have always been told you are what you allow. If you allow kids to not play hard you send a message and change things with playing time.

I don't get the talk about not playing good lately and regressing. We played lights out vs ND. We've had some great wins during the 7 game win streak. Young players start believing how great they are. This will be another good wake up call for Coach K to get their attention.
We haven’t played well for awhile. We lost to both Clemson and Louisville, played good against Miami and Pitt, then really struggled against Syracuse and BC but pulled out the victory and got beyond extremely lucky against NC. We played very well against FSU and ND following that stretch and now this.. Six of our last ten games we have either lost or played poorly but found a way to overcome. We have been fortunate in terms of our record but the eye test says we are just an average team. We could of just as easily lost six of the last ten games.

Reactions: sheyduke
retiredsoldier said:

dukesince91 said:

Been feeling this ever since I joined this board. Not hard to find them either. Sometimes, this is exactly what a team needs. They got embarrassed on national tv again. That's twice, I sure hope it's the last.

The only issue just like last year is this team is regressing a week and a half from March. There is not one person, coaches included looked completely into this game. I didn’t even see K get upset at the players or call a time out. That’s twice Duke had the court stormed on them would have been Three but SFA beat us at Cameron.

Reactions: dukesince91
We haven’t played well for awhile. We lost to both Clemson and Louisville, played good against Miami and Pitt, then really struggled against Syracuse and BC but pulled out the victory and got beyond extremely lucky against NC. We played very well against FSU and ND following that stretch and now this.. Six of our last ten games we have either lost or played poorly but found a way to overcome. We have been fortunate in terms of our record but the eye test says we are just an average team. We could of just as easily lost six of the last ten games.

I’ll admit, I agree. Count me in as someone that thought mid-December, we were playing like the top team in the country. We really haven’t played “well” since. It’s nothing more than passing the eye test. I haven’t been overly impressed of late, and tonight certainly didn’t change my mind.

Reactions: skysdad
Hahaha what an outrageous comment.

I tried to delete the comment because I immediately recognized it was made out of frustration.

But, I do stand by the fact that when you are down 20 points, that kicking it out for a 3 attempt is the better option.

We played very well against FSU? We got lucky they uncharacteristically couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and we had 21 turnovers.

That's the difference between good teams and bad teams. The good teams find a way to win. And yes, we were trending upward after beating FSU and ND. Tre and Carey were gassed and tried to do too much but I can't fault their "want to". I still believe we're one of the top 8 teams that can win it all.

We simply cannot best State in PNC...it's a different team every time, same result. And they simply cannot beat UNCHEAT in PNC.

It's just one of those facts that can't be explained.

Reactions: dukesince91
State needed more and they played that way. On to the next game.
See I don’t get this statement. Duke needed the win just as much to stay in the hunt for a one seed as state does to make the tourney. Duke needed the win to stay ahead of Louisville.

State beating Duke doesn’t mean they make the tourney it just looks better on the resume and if they don’t make it the loss looks worse on Duke.

Our ball movement was horrible. We had 6 total assists. We go as Tre goes, and even though he’s been really good this season, tonight he was awful. Hurt, Stanley, Moore, and O’Connell totaled 13 points.

Reactions: sheyduke
Just a good old fashion butt kicking. Kudos go out to Coach Keats and the Wolfpack for not giving in when we made a little run. All you have to do is look at the box score and that pretty much sums it up.Ok wr have VT Saturday at home. Let's lick our wounds and come back strong. We still have a very good team. Just not so good tonight. I hope all our DI board coaches do not tell us how we could have won the game if they were calling the shots. I think most of us here have enough basketball since to understand. Next game. OFC

Last edited:
Well, Soldier, he sure as hell don't act like a Duke fan, but he's been around here a long time and I don't remember him ever saying something like that. Maybe he's drunk, but that isn't an excuse either.

OFC
I hear you OAD. I just don't care for anybody calling Duke players a POS. To me, that's going too far as a fan and if you have been around for a long time, this isn't the first embarrassing loss any long term fan has witnessed. At the end of the day, it's a game that we all should try and enjoy even during the bad times. As the saying goes, act like you been here before because we sure have. I can think of worse things than a loss tonight. We could be cheat fans. Some need to think about that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT