ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MICHIGAN STATE - ELITE EIGHT OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

So 5 minutes of lazy slow ball, 10 minutes looking like Duke and 5 more minutes of WTF?

I want Zion on the block for the next twenty minutes and we win...if he keep roaming around he will get a charge and is turning the ball over way to much...let him play big and others play off him

Zion and RJ 4 TO’s each in the first half. Value the basketball fellas - otherwise it’s your last game in a Duke uniform.

Ball movement. Last 5 or so minutes it was bad. That and we have to contain Winston.

Playing young and dumb. Looks like Zion is trying to get everyone involved. He may take over second half.

It seems that if we can limit Winston, they will struggle. Easier said than done but we have to turn up the pressure on Winston and force the rest of them to beat us.

I dont get it! WHY WONT WE JUST THROW ZION IN THE POST? If not most of the time then at least sometimes:Every time we do this, good things happen. Someone please help me understand this.

We just need to keep ourselves in a position to win. We need to get them running and wear them out in the 2nd half. For the 1st time this season, we are feeling the pressure of youth.
Hang in there folks, don't hang up the phone yet!
Go Duke!
OFC

Have to get aggressive driving it to the hoop. Help defenders sitting on kick outs. Take care of the ball, every pass needs to be crisp and on the money. Also need to be strong with the ball and get to all 50/50 balls. This is going to come down to the small details we need to be much better at them.

I want Zion on the block for the next twenty minutes and we win...if he keep roaming around he will get a charge and is turning the ball over way to much...let him play big and others play off him

Exactly, he needs to start as close to basket as possible....he's too efficient

Had to miss the first half...we were up nine...what the heck happened?
The lottery pick players turned into freshmen. People keep saying MSU isn’t good and they may not be but they are very experienced in this environment and Duke showed the last 5 minutes they are very inexperienced

I dont get it! WHY WONT WE JUST THROW ZION IN THE POST? If not most of the time then at least sometimes. Every time we do this, good things happen. Someone please help me understand.

we love to shoot the 3..no idea why...plus we dont move or post the ball well so we struggle to get it to the post. It should be a requirement every possession

Sub white for Gold. At least we would be getting defense.

I think Goldwire must be hurt. As much as I have been calling for AOC to get more minutes, Goldwire suddenly getting 3 minutes last game made no sense after he had been a regular part of the rotation and providing great defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT