ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MIAMI OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Here we go again - until we prove that we can beat a decent ACC team on the road (and some not-so decent teams we haven't beaten either), we're all going to be a bit skiddish about road games.

Tonight at Miami won't be any different. As is usually the case, Coach L has his team playing well, poised for another tourney run and they're sound defensively and very athletic. Are we more talented? Not even close but as I say repeatedly in every gameday thread I do, until we learn to defend, the season is going to continue to crap shoot every night.

We will turn the corner - I do believe it. I can remember the two game skid in 2015 against NC State and Miami where we all thought if this team couldn't defend, we weren't going anywhere. Then Coach K decided to go zone against Louisville and the rest is history.

We will be find, just need to continue grinding and continue improving in practice. My biggest concern about today is the one day turn around with very little time to prepare. None the less, I like our chances.

Tonight's game is slated for a 7pm est tip and will air on ESPN HD. Duke also comes in at a -3.5 spread even at the Watsco Center.

Duke 88

Miami 81

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miami

Hope our boys can pull it off but if I’m being realistic, Miami 92 - Duke 88. Hope they prove me wrong and stomp Miami’s ass. Just don’t see us stopping Walker and their front court of JRs and Srs.

Hope our boys can pull it off but if I’m being realistic, Miami 92 - Duke 88. Hope they prove me wrong and stomp Miami’s ass. Just don’t see us stopping Walker and their front court of JRs and Srs.

We can do it man. If Clemson, Ga Tech, and New Mexico State can beat them, we can too. Won't be easy I don't think, but if we play well, we can do it. And the New Mexico State game was at Miami.
They average 73 per game. If we hold them to that, I think they are beat.

We can do it man. If Clemson, Ga Tech, and New Mexico State can beat them, we can too. Won't be easy I don't think, but if we play well, we can do it. And the New Mexico State game was at Miami.
They average 73 per game. If we hold them to that, I think they are beat.

I’m with you. We just haven’t had great luck at Miami when both teams are good. Can’t wait for tonight’s game.

Isn’t Walker coming off the bench?

I think if Duke plays for forty minutes we win easily. That’s being said it won’t be a cake walk.

Duke by 8

For whatever reason I am feeling confident on this one. I know the history. I know they are full of athletic upperclassmen, but I feel us turning the corner to playing better defense and better team offence. As long as Carter and MB3 stay out of foul trouble I like us by 10.

88 - 78

These Duke teams definitely have a way of coming together at the right time. I feel good about this one. If the D can show up we win big. Don’t give me any grief on this but...

Duke - 81
Miami - 65

Low scoring, but Duke wins this one by 4

Duke 68
Miami 64

Its hard to win on the road. We've won in Miami only once in the last 7 years (2014 when they were absolutely terrible). During that timeframe, they've beaten us every year regardless of venue (except again, in 2014).

I would love to see that we've turned a corner. I view this as a coin-flip. Miami 85 Duke 82.

Duke 88
Miami 81.

This will be a difficult win. We haven't played very well away from home and Miami always gives us fits whether we are in Cameron or Miami. We are going to have to play old Duke D tonight inside and outside. We all know the Hurricanes are going to be raining 3's if given the chance. We've got to either stop the 3's or limit them to making a few. Free throw making especially crunch time will make the difference. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
A BIG test for this young team, and if the "D" stays aggressive and talks, I like our chances. Grayson must score tonight and the bigs must avoid foul trouble. This is one of my original picks for an ACC loss, but I feel like we are improving and playing a little better together as a unit. Duke wins a "white knuckler".
Go Duke!
OFC

A couple interesting things to look for tonight, with Coach K's return: (1) Will we see as much of the bench as on Saturday (taking account that it's likely to be a much closer game)? and (2) will we see as much zone defense?

I hope the answers are yes and yes, and if so, I can see Duke holding Miami under 70 and winning by 10.

I'm hoping this is the game that cements our confidence in this team. This is a great opportunity to show our ability to perform in big games away from Cameron. I think it actually helps that we are playing a high quality team, because the players are going in expecting a fight. With the two losses, I think they were going in overlooking the superhuman abilities we bring out of teams when we visit them. Not in this one. K needs some revenge!

Duke- 88
Miami- 79

Reactions: Mac9192
I wish this game was a week or two later on the schedule. We traditionally struggle in Coral Gables, and I'm not sure we've made the kind of improvements needed to get this win, just yet.

Miami 88
Duke 83

I've never wanted to be wrong more in my life.

Miami has given Duke absolute fits since joining the ACC. This is going to be a battle, and Duke is going to have to play really, really well to win. This would a huge resume builder because Miami is going to have a good year.

I have no idea how we will do, but I do like a quick turnaround. Maybe the kids will see the need to stay focused. The crowd will be rocking, Miami will be ready. The question is, will we? No prediction here, just as nervous as Guru Gary at a spelling bee.

This one has nailbiter written all over it. I really think it's a tossup.
Miami 83 Duke 77
We've won several big time games earlier in the year, but none in an environment like this one. Those fans will be giving our guys and the refs bad juju all night. I'd like to think it won't affect Gary/Tre/Carter/Bags, but teenagers are emotionally fragile.

I wish this game was a week or two later on the schedule. We traditionally struggle in Coral Gables, and I'm not sure we've made the kind of improvements needed to get this win, just yet.

Miami 88
Duke 83

I've never wanted to be wrong more in my life.

I actually feel like today will be a loss as well, but allowed my hope to make an optimistic prediction outcome lol

This game will be a battle, has been for a long time now. I'm not sure if we're over the hump as far as our defense being where it needs to be, but we're getting closer As important (if not more so) than playing good defense is rebounding well because that is our strength and we must maintain that edge in this game. Would also help if Grayson can get his stroke back in this game.

Duke 77
Miami 74

OFC

I hate hate playing at Miami. But this team does enough on offense against their good defense and Duke will play enough D to win a close one.

Duke: 83
Miami: 78

Let’s go Duke!!

Another thing not helping is it's been just Sat. since our last game so the short travel and maybe some fatigue but we'll just have to deal with it. OFC

Another thing not helping is it's been just Sat. since our last game so the short travel and maybe some fatigue but we'll just have to deal with it. OFC

I actually think that could be a good thing for this team....but we'll see. Maybe it's just my hope, too.

I actually think that could be a good thing for this team....but we'll see. Maybe it's just my hope, too.

Actually both clubs played Saturday....Miami had the road game at Clemson.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
Tonight will be what the 2015 Louisville game was to the 2015 team
That would be nice. Matt Jones hit a pair of huge threes in that one.

tumblr_mbc5cirCUp1ru8vp2o1_500.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT