ADVERTISEMENT

McCain 📈, Game Previews, message to our fans

Great pod cast again. Timo.

I don’t do social media like everyone else I seriously do not have Instagram , Snapchat, Twitter any of it because I simply do not wish to have it .
The only thing I will say is that while yes I do agree fans can go over board with comments and some even like my self might say something that rubs another fan the wrong way but I don’t think I’ve been over critical of Flip or McCain at the beginning of the season. Sometimes your player just simply do not work out as planned. I think McCain plays better now than in November and without Proctor on the court and he even said pretty much because Scheyer took the cuffs off and simply is now allowing him to be himself.
Despite what Flip has going on mentally and Physically, I do believe had Duke had Reeves or Young or Stewart were further along we see a different Flip because he didn’t come to Duke as a dominant post player and you can clearly see he struggles with size and size causes him to speed himself up and overthink a play . That’s just my two cents as a fan .

Shey, we don't always agree, but we do on social media. I have none of that hogwash. It's toxic and turns brains to mush. Great podcast, Timo. I love the friendly debate you guys bring to the table.

You're good, Chris. I'm getting old, so I know nothing about this stuff. TikTok is lost on me. I don't get the fascination. Twitter is a cesspool. I haven't had a Facebook or Instagram in years now. Shit takes away from your real life.

I comment here, review shit on Letterboxd, and I listen to Rumble, YouTube, and Spotify for podcasts mainly because I drive a ton for work. Oh, and yeah, I am pumped up big time about the win. I was actually at a work dinner in a steakhouse that had the game on the television. I cut out of there early to get back to the hotel, 😂

Last edited:
Thanks all for the comments and support.

Great win tonight. Fantastic ball movement throughout. Rebounded well and our defense was really solid. I said going into this three game road stretch if we go 2-1 with the loss being at Wake, you take it. Now it’s all in front of us. Find a way to win Saturday. This team is absolutely trending- for the second straight year under Jon.

It was good to get Proctor back, I thought he played very solid tonight and was huge for him to see some shots go down, but more importantly, I loved how he was attacking. Onto Saturday! Let’s Go Duke!

On to Wake with a healthy team. Feel much better about the season now. We are gelling. Our job now is to get a good seed (2/3) and an ACC championship is within reach. It may come down to the last game.

On to Wake with a healthy team. Feel much better about the season now. We are gelling. Our job now is to get a good seed (2/3) and an ACC championship is within reach. It may come down to the last game.
See I’m not there yet with you Chris . It’s a down and depleted Miami team and tomorrow I think we get a better gauge of where this team stands .
Wake on the road is going to be a tough and I would like to see this team not let it stay close for the entire game .
P.S. if Flip dunks like that on Wake and plays strong in the post I can see Reid back in early foul trouble .

Reactions: christophero
See I’m not there yet with you Chris . It’s a down and depleted Miami team and tomorrow I think we get a better gauge of where this team stands .
Wake on the road is going to be a tough and I would like to see this team not let it stay close for the entire game .
P.S. if Flip dunks like that on Wake and plays strong in the post I can see Reid back in early foul trouble .
I feel like you kind of contradict yourself here- you say it’s going to be a tough road game but you don’t want it to stay close. I don’t either but the reality is it will probably be an extremely tough game. Wake is a good team. They’re playing at home. Playing for their tournament lives. Lost a tough game at Duke. Reid fouled out at Cameron, so you know he’s had this game circled on his calendar since. It’s the first sellout for Wake in years. I don’t care how we win, just find a way. And if we do, that should tell you even more about this team. Three straight road wins at this juncture of the season.

I think you both have points. We are playing great but have only beaten one top 20 team I think in Baylor. (I could be missing someone but I can't think of it) That is why I want to beat UNC, for that and many other reasons. Even if we lose to Wake we are still a 3 seed. What we don't want to do is lose to Wake and UNC, then we could be a 4 seed. Just beat Wake first. We also play Virgina who have been iffy lately but they are 21 and 7 I think. McCain becoming a serious threat opens up things for our other guys. Mitchell has been playing at a high level which makes us tougher inside, I really like what he gives us.

Reactions: DukeMan1986
I think you both have points. We are playing great but have only beaten one top 20 team I think in Baylor. (I could be missing someone but I can't think of it) That is why I want to beat UNC, for that and many other reasons. Even if we lose to Wake we are still a 3 seed. What we don't want to do is lose to Wake and UNC, then we could be a 4 seed. Just beat Wake first. We also play Virgina who have been iffy lately but they are 21 and 7 I think. McCain becoming a serious threat opens up things for our other guys. Mitchell has been playing at a high level which makes us tougher inside, I really like what he gives us.
We have only beaten one top 20 team, but we have only had 3 opportunities, lost to Arizona/UNC. You are right, we really need to beat UNC in Cameron. That and the game tomorrow are the 2 most important games left on the schedule IMO. I’m not worried about UVA in Cameron, more worried about playing in Raleigh before the UNC game.

For whatever reason, this year road teams have been absolutely terrible. As of a week ago, ranked road teams were under .500 against unranked teams, the first time since like 1937 or something. The ACC may be down, but we have been pretty good on the road, honestly during conference play maybe better than in Cameron. I believe road success is the biggest indicator of who is for real/who is a fraud come March.

Reactions: christophero
I feel like you kind of contradict yourself here- you say it’s going to be a tough road game but you don’t want it to stay close. I don’t either but the reality is it will probably be an extremely tough game. Wake is a good team. They’re playing at home. Playing for their tournament lives. Lost a tough game at Duke. Reid fouled out at Cameron, so you know he’s had this game circled on his calendar since. It’s the first sellout for Wake in years. I don’t care how we win, just find a way. And if we do, that should tell you even more about this team. Three straight road wins at this juncture of the season.
Guess I should have said , “ if we manage to get a lead I would like to see it remain a double digit lead to keep the pressure on wake although a double digit lead might be hard in this game !”

Better Timo 😂

I don't think we will have to worry about maintaining a double digit lead at Wake. Just get out with a win. If we blow them out, then this team has found another gear.

Guess I should have said , “ if we manage to get a lead I would like to see it remain a double digit lead to keep the pressure on wake although a double digit lead might be hard in this game !”

Better Timo 😂
Haha better. I’m just saying it’s going to be a tough game so anyway we can win do it.

Duke has actually been a decent road team this year. Played well at Pitt, Va. Tech and Miami. I think teams are having trouble winning on the road because of the parity between ACC teams and the home team getting the benefit from the refs and generally being more juiced for the game.

If we are 4-5 points better than Wake on a neutral court, it will be interesting to see if we can squeeze out a win in Winston Salem.

Timo wont say it but everyone needs to listen to his pod cast. Him and his team are very knowledgeable and keep it real . I like how they don’t censor things and keep it where everyone understands what they are talking about especially us old guys lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT