ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MIAMI OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Frank isn't a true PG (contrary to what Show screams), but I think if K plugged him in at the 1, and Giles at the 5, Duke could succeed in the long-term. Hope K goes that route, but he gets paid the big bucks for a reason. Something may be up that we cant see.

Wow, just wow, eh? Sad poster? Guess you haven't read whole thread eh?

Duke was insanely talented to overcome those deficiencies. Duke could lose by 40 every game and you’d be here praising K. I am all about Duke, and I will support them no matter what, but I am not naïve enough to avoid a serious weakness in K sticking with both of these guys, at the detriment to Duke.

I've read the whole thread. Poster was plural. Wishing gone 2 guys that have done so much for this program is pathetic and classless.

Imo as bad as it was It was an improvement in my eyes..just tells you how bad it's been ..poor shooting lost this game not big PT..K needs to continue to play his bench to make a run imo ..guys look tired
I'm fine with him playing the bigs as long as Amile needs the help. Harry and Ques did fine. As soon as Amile and Gray are back to 100%, we ride our horses to another 7 game win streak.

For anyone to blame this one on K is ridiculous at best. I have criticized him plenty, but this game defense was there. Kennard was 6-20, Tatum 4-16, Jones 2-9. The only guy who brought it offensively was Jackson. Shooting the ball that bad and no Grayson and we had a chance to win still with less than 2 minutes left, but yet blame K? He can't put the ball in the basket for them. I'm as frustrated as the rest of the posters here but come on

Frank isn't a true PG (contrary to what Show screams), but I think if K plugged him in at the 1, and Giles at the 5, Duke could succeed in the long-term. Hope K goes that route, but he gets paid the big bucks for a reason. Something may be up that we cant see.
Harry and Frank are great 15 mpg players, if we're healthy. Right now, we'll need them more.

Reactions: Showenuff
When you cannot make a FF (1-6) 17% or shoot mostly 3's and miss 75% of them you are probably going to lose. We seem to have lost our ability to shoot the damn ball and only shoot 3's when a two would be enough. Coach K has no confidence in our inside game which is understandable and too much confidence in out outside game which is dumbfounding, live and die by the 3 ball when you have two 5 star bigs that have a hard time scoring against college players hurts my feelings. It's frustrating as hell but we did beat the cheats and can maybe beat them again.

Tough to be devastated by this loss So Luke had a bad game Tatum cooled off no Grayson and Duke usually sucks at Miami and they lost. Ultimately Miami should have crushed them but they didn't so it seems like a positive

I've read the whole thread. Poster was plural. Wishing gone 2 guys that have done so much for this program is pathetic and classless.

No, you didn't then. Amil

No, you didn't. Amile obviously isn't healthy yet K runs him anyway. It's not his fault. Matt Jones is playing PG. Think about that.

No, you didn't then. Amil

No, you didn't. Amile obviously isn't healthy yet K runs him anyway. It's not his fault. Matt Jones is playing PG. Think about that.

And your comment was you can't wait until they're gone. That is classless no matter how much you try to back track.

Slandering hahahahaha I think some people need to learn context and definitions not throw out big words like this hahahaha

Well said, man. I love how if you make one remotely negative comment questioning someone here, or a player, it’s “slandering”. Comedy.

Reactions: pisgah101
i think we are past trying to second guess what to do - go big, go small etc....this team just needs to play each game like its the single elimination with that type of desperation. The defense isnt going to magically get better, the offense isnt going to start to click...just let them try to use superior talent to outscore the other team. 50pts is absurd..this isnt the Ivy league or Big 10 ....I bet if someone had said Miami would score only 55 we all thought we would win by double digits. Last year was frustrating...but pales in comparison to this year.

And your comment was you can't wait until they're gone. That is classless no matter how much you try to back track.
No backtracking here Pumpkin. Amile is hurt and won’t be healthy until at least the Fall, with rest. K sticks with him and it is hurting the team. He has no eligibility left. Yep, since K won’t stop riding him, I can’t wait until we get a healthy Frosh in here.

Matt? He is a detriment to the team offensively. It is literally 4 on 5 out there. 2015’s talent masked his liability on 5 v 5. You don’t like it? Hit the ignore button. Thank you!

You've gotta make it clear what type of shots we need at crunch time, and draw up your best plan to put them in position. I didnt see anything different in the last two end games. We ended this game with two timeouts, which is hard to believe

Reactions: SoCal Dukie
Bottom line when you build your program around OADs it's a gamble each year. It might work it might not. Hate to say it but ole Roy seems to be making the best recruiting decisions as of late. Championship game last year and they will make the FF again along with Kansas and both teams rely on experience and not OADs. But who knows next years Duke team might not lose a game. Just never know until the season starts

You've gotta make it clear what type of shots we need at crunch time, and draw up your best plan to put them in position. I didnt see anything different in the last two end games. We ended this game with two timeouts, which is hard to believe

Really valid point here. It was like they came out confused on stoppages, whether dead-ball or time-outs. If Duke can land Duval, that'll help tremendously.

Your negative attitude has no relevance to basketball analysis. You're just trying to make people miserable and offer criticism with no constructive value. Sounds pitiful to me.

Read some of my posts a little more carefully, pretty sure I give some analysis. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not relevant.

Reactions: SoCal Dukie
I love how some are so critical of the players even though not one poster on here has logged a single minute for us this year

That is a fair point, but if your thought was entirely correct, that means no fan, ever, anywhere, can be critical of a team....

Read some of my posts a little more carefully, pretty sure I give some analysis. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not relevant.
You mean like when you said, "That's why you don't play switch man to man defense. It leads to too many mismatches."

That's not analysis. That claiming that a perfectly legitimate strategy is bad because it has a downside. Guess what? Every strategy has a downside. You don't know shit, so please stfu with your negative bullshit.

Reactions: DukeSky85
I just think some take it way too far that's all

Agreed. I can see why my post would be 'too far'. It's not a direct jab at the kids, rather,
stating that K’s persistence with them is hurting this team. It’s almost assumed that Duke HAS TO go with them, yet it isn’t bearing much fruit this year. If they are graduated, K CANNOT go with them, and perhaps being forced to go with a different set of guys would pay dividends?

You mean like when you said, "That's why you don't play switch man to man defense. It leads to too many mismatches."

That's not analysis. That claiming that a perfectly legitimate strategy is bad because it has a downside. Guess what? Every strategy has a downside. You don't know shit, so please stfu with your negative bullshit.

Again, grow up

I don't understand why people who give up on the team stay around really. If your analysis is "this season is over and you can't wait for Amile and Matt to be GONE" , why stay here other than to troll? It's got to suck to be that kind of a fan. It can't be fun. I like watching us play even when we aren't nearly capable of winning it all. But some of the clowns here rise and fall with each win or loss. We win, we could win it all, we lose, seasons over , seniors suck, K can't coach. It's just kinda frustrating.

I don't understand why people who give up on the team stay around really. If your analysis is "this season is over and you can't wait for Amile and Matt to be GONE" , why stay here other than to troll? It's got to suck to be that kind of a fan. It can't be fun. I like watching us play even when we aren't nearly capable of winning it all. But some of the clowns here rise and fall with each win or loss. We win, we could win it all, we lose, seasons over , seniors suck, K can't coach. It's just kinda frustrating.

I am a fan, I will always be around. It’s hilarious to watch people like you attack others for things that you disagree with, though. This team is struggling, that is apparent. I will still support them, but I am not slow enough to not point out what I feel are weaknesses; that is part of the reason for message boards.

Reactions: Rocketman101
It is a loss, I love Duke as much as the next guy but let it go. These are 20 year olds playing a game. Sometimes things don't go your way. I guarantee you Duke will play Tuesday night and I guarantee you all of you have families you love, go enjoy them! Let's Go Duke

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT