ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MIAMI OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Gotta bounce back this afternoon. The loss on Wednesday to Syracuse stung a little but it's not ultimately going to hurt us. Time to turn the page and get a win in a place we haven't always played so terrific.

None the less, we've got to power through. We know what Coach L and Miami are going to do. Stretch us out and dribble drive. Can we keep them in front? That's the big question. Coach L has been as tough on Duke as any coach in the ACC and has some very big wins against Duke (three of which I've witnessed sadly in person).

Today's game is slated for a 4pm est tip and will air on CBS.

Duke 77

Miami 71

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Depends on how hungry they come out of the gates. You know Miami will be chomping at the bit to exact revenge on the last game and to solidify their position in the tournament.

After listening to K's press conference after the Cuse game, I got a feeling that he's in a way thrown his arms up in the air and just isn't sure anymore about what to expect with his team.

We literally blew that game. 10 blown fast break points in the first half really killed us.

I predicted a loss at Cuse. Today Duke gets back to basics. We play D and pass the ball well.

Duke 82
Miami 71

Duke 78
Miami 70

I'll be recording the game and watching it later tonight when I get home because I'll be at an auction fundraiser while the game is on.

I hope Duke but with this team it can go either way.

Duke by two

Duke 77
Miami 68

I think we will see Coach K add a few wrinkles defensively.
Maybe some zone?

This game today will be tougher than the Virginia game I think because Miami can score. Grayson needs to get out of his funk. Play some defense too fellas. Step up and seize the moment, we're all exhausted form this roller coaster ride and play ball like K wants you to

It'll be hard for us to win at Miami, I think. Grayson has got to get his game back and we have to stop Miami's guards from penatrating the lane.

If we feel a sense of urgency as a team, we will be alright. To me, the next two (2) are must win games, not only for confidence, but for the double bye in the ACCT, which will give Grayson & Amile and extra day or two of rest.
A loss today could be devastating to the team, so for my part, I believe in "K" and this team, so Duke wins a very tough game.
Go Duke!
OFC

I really don't know.... I really expect us to bounce back,... but then again, I don't

Miami always gives Duke trouble, regardless of where the game is played.

I hate to say it, but I think Miami wins this one. I'm hoping the team can prove me wrong.

Playing at Miami always tough, but Duke comes and plays angry and gets the W!

Duke: 76
Miami: 72

Lets Go Duke!!

Duke already has the toughest ACC schedule as far as the slate of teams and who they have to play on the road, but damn to have to play at the league's northernmost team, immediately followed by having to travel to the southernmost team. That's brutal.

Duke 77
Miami 85

Duke starts with a 7 man rotation in 1st half, and then goes 6 man in the 2nd half. Lack of defensive presence in the paint allows Miami to drive at will, and they pull away.

Duke 77
Miami 85

Duke starts with a 7 man rotation in 1st half, and then goes 6 man in the 2nd half. Lack of defensive presence in the paint allows Miami to drive at will, and they pull away.
We've definitely seen what you're saying play out, sad but that is a true possibility. I'm hoping this is one of those moments where K does what only K can do and that's a game plan that shows his brilliance (Louisville 2015)

Reactions: SoCal Dukie
Someone has to carry this team from this point on. Grayson, Luke, Amile...Grayson needs to channel his inner beast mode that he had in the Natty game from here on out.

Well....let me go back on my earlier comment. Grayson is out so we lose this one by 10. Hope I'm wrong but we need Grayson in this game.

They just said at half time of the Kentucky vs Fla game that Grayson was sitting this game because of his ankle. That is really going to make this a tough one!!!!

I am actually glad Grayson is sitting out. He needs to get healthy for March. Perhaps they go big put Jayson @ the 3 in stretches.

Agreed I'm glad that Grayson is sitting out this game. Hope to get him healthy for the UNC and the ACC tourney. I think we go big with Giles next to Amile.

Somebody or a couple guys have to step up if Allens out. Jackson is good, maybe Giles and Bolden produce. Who knows maybe Javin gets a couple minutes. We will find out in about 30 minutes. Make it happen boys

Grayson sitting out makes me feel like we won't see him get out of his funk in this particular game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT