ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MIAMI OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I don't understand why people who give up on the team stay around really. If your analysis is "this season is over and you can't wait for Amile and Matt to be GONE" , why stay here other than to troll? It's got to suck to be that kind of a fan. It can't be fun. I like watching us play even when we aren't nearly capable of winning it all. But some of the clowns here rise and fall with each win or loss. We win, we could win it all, we lose, seasons over , seniors suck, K can't coach. It's just kinda frustrating.
Some folks are ruled by their emotions. Emotional reactions are fine, but you have to leave room for logic.

Reactions: dbav
Well guys, obviously we are all very, very spoiled. I am not happy with the way things are going, but it is what it is. I have my thoughts and feelings about why things are going bad, but to be honest, that's all they are. I didn't have any problem sleeping after the Cuse loss, and I won't have any trouble tonight. Not because I don't care, it's just that I know there is a huge problem in the program this year. We as fans are so used to winning that we cannot accept or understand how something could go wrong, this is Duke!
I have read about what "K" is doing wrong, read about several individual players causing us to lose games, but so what, they are still losses, so try and get over it. Accept the fact that every year is not going to be a Championship year.
Just one last note as a suggestion, when you get up in the morning, give your wife, son, daughter, dog, cat, or yourself, a big hug and tell them you love them-that's what really matters! Then get yourself ready for the game with Florida State and be proud that you are a fan of team with a rich tradition of success, and one that's not going away.
I'm not going to predict a National Championship, or even an ACCT Championship, but I will guarantee this: If and when Duke is knocked out of the ACCT, so am I; If and when Duke is knocked out of the NCAAT, so am I. I will still be just as big a fan at seasons end as I am now, and proud of it. Oh yeah, if you think that Duke is done and can't win it all, you are living in Fantasy Land.
Go Duke!
OFC

Emotions are bound to be high after every loss this year. All I ask is that you all temper your comments. I'm not saying don't be critical of the team, coaches, fans, etc. I'm just asking you to type and reread your post before hitting 'Post Reply'.

We have a really good board, it's pretty special when we can all discuss and debate without the name calling and such. Just asking the board as a whole to maintain some civility here, because I believe as fans, we're all pretty frustrated at the moment. Thanks guys.

Folks we lost to a team that shot 37% from 2 and 12% percent from 3. We have to do a better job and quite honestly every time we lose Coach talks about the fact that we need to get healthy it's enough we are just about in March. My concern is even during our win streak we really did not play great and we shot lights out to beat NC I just wish we had a little more balance as a team.

I apologize if I am typing things that seem too negative; I am just as passionate as you guys/gals and I am frustrated for sure. I am not, however, just typing these things to flame. I am really trying to state my thoughts one why things are going the way they are, and am curious to see what you all think as fellow Duke fans.

I don't believe I've said anything on here overly inflammatory. I may give one liners about how a game is going without providing an alternative, but if I can't do it on a message board, where can it be done?

I don't name call players or wish them gone, but honestly for some reason people on this board don't like me because I don't fall exactly in line with their way of thinking.

I will not apologize for my posts. But I will from here on out probably stay away because it's probably just better that way.

I will never not be a Duke fan, regardless of how disappointing a season goes. I've followed them religiously for 25 years. I just ask that people who have different view points try and see all sides.

Peace out and here's to Blue Devil Basketball.

Last edited:
Folks we lost to a team that shot 37% from 2 and 12% percent from 3. We have to do a better job and quite honestly every time we lose Coach talks about the fact that we need to get healthy it's enough we are just about in March. My concern is even during our win streak we really did not play great and we shot lights out to beat NC I just wish we had a little more balance as a team.

There are healthy players on the bench - as many voices have pointed out. Good players....ones that could contribute in limited minutes hopefully. But the trend recently....several years....is a short rotation. The peril of which is when you get injuries or play players who are less than 100% healthy the team suffers. We have depth. It just doesnt play.

Amile honestly has not looked the same since he went out with his injury. He looked awesome before that.

I don't believe I've said anything on here overly inflammatory. I may give one liners about how a game is going without providing an alternative, but if I can't do it on a message board, where can it be done.

I don't name call players or wish them gone, but honestly for some reason people on this board don't like me because I don't fall exactly in line with their way of thinking.

I will not apologize for my posts. But I will from here on out probably stay away because it's probably just better that way.

I will never not be a Duke fan, regardless of how disappointing a season goes. I've followed them religiously for 25 years. I just ask that people who have different view points try and see all sides.

Peace out and here's to Blue Devil Basketball.

I'm not sure if you're if you're referring to my post but I was not calling you out. In fact, I wasn't calling anyone out. Just making a broad blanket statement for the future of our board. We need differing opinions around here.

Reactions: pisgah101
Not directed at your post at all sir.

Understood. If you have to go I understand, but just like this, I think our board is just vulnerable at the moment and needs a good shot in the arm. Would love to see those that are frustrated stick around.

I was at the cuse game which was heartbreaking having 30,000 fans against you and now seeing a pathetic offensive showing lead to another loss. I'm at a loss with this team. I feel still we can beat anyone but we also could lose to anyone with is disheartening. This year has been cursed with injuries and freshman not living up to their hype. At this time we shouldn't worry about expectations and just be hopeful we can make a decent tournament run. It is what is is....

Are some of you really trippin about losing this game? Hahahaha. It's really not a big deal at all. The best part was how he let the freshman bigs play late in a hostile environment. They need that experience. Take Matt out and sub in Grayson then we're getting somewhere. Defensively I hate how the guards never fight through picks. I just want to see it one time. The bigs don't have to hedge that hard if the guards fight through. im just glad to see we went big. Still need to feed the post at least 20 times a game. Doesn't mean they need to shoot that much but we need paint touches

To those who wanted more PT for the bigs, what does K need to do now? You got what you wanted and we got owned in the paint and there was no ball movement. The fact is, K knows his team better than all of us. Know-it-alls are annoying. Don't be that poaster.

Keep playing the bigs. Only way they will get better is by playing. Not riding the bench. This game was not a big deal. We lose nothing from this game. Just have to earn everything in the tourney.

Never thought we would miss Marshall so much did we. Next year I imagine we will feel the same about Matt and Amile. OFC

I don't mind Amile and Matt. I don't think Matt should play as much. He's more of an energy guy to me. Let him play about 20 mins and if his shot is falling then that's a plus. Matt wouldn't start for any other team in the conference in my opinion. He's a bench player. We need to start Grayson, Luke, Jayson, Amile and Giles.

I'm going to keep watching them like I always have. Anything can happen. We are still talented. Coach K is still on the bench. I think the guys are still bought in.

It is obvious on the court that this team is just behind where it should be. Never got to progress and grow.

Somebody say Marshall? I liked Mason myself.
734119_10201210192875161_2010572030_n.jpg

Reactions: pisgah101
Me and Mason at an ACC Barnstormer event I ran security at. Got to hang out in the locker room with Mason, Ryan Kelly, Dexter Strickland, Phil Ford, and several others. Good times.
163557_10200222844992081_335852908_n.jpg

Emotions are bound to be high after every loss this year. All I ask is that you all temper your comments. I'm not saying don't be critical of the team, coaches, fans, etc. I'm just asking you to type and reread your post before hitting 'Post Reply'.

We have a really good board, it's pretty special when we can all discuss and debate without the name calling and such. Just asking the board as a whole to maintain some civility here, because I believe as fans, we're all pretty frustrated at the moment. Thanks guys.

My apologies for any disfunction I may have caused. I root hard for these kids, win or lose and I'm sorry for the name calling and any other inappropriate behavior. Particularly toward @SoCal Dukie

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT