ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS LOUISVILLE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I think it's safe to say whose team this is. Grayson is the leader, he needs plenty of shots, and the offense must run thru him. Green light Grayson.
He's also smart enough to share the ball.
There shouldn't be a Duke fan out there that sees otherwise. Bagley is great, but this ain't his team.
Duval is also playing better in this new style too. Carter is a stud.

It’s always been Grayson’s team. Since last spring. I don’t think any rational person would argue otherwise. He’s had to learn, too.

I'm trying to figure out how I was negative. But it is what it is.

I don’t think you’re being negative. I do think you’re a little hard on Grayson sometimes, though.

He wasn’t who he should have been most of the year....but I also think people are crediting his hot string of play on Bagley NOT being in the lineup. That’s pretty shortsighted, IMO. Grayson shot really poorly for two months....it wasn’t Marvin’s fault for that. He just slumped. Players slump. For this this Duke team, though, we couldn’t afford our only senior and leader to slump that badly.

I don’t think you’re being negative. I do think you’re a little hard on Grayson sometimes, though.

He wasn’t who he should have been most of the year....but I also think people are crediting his hot string of play on Bagley NOT being in the lineup. That’s pretty shortsighted, IMO. Grayson shot really poorly for two months....it wasn’t Marvin’s fault for that. He just slumped. Players slump. For this this Duke team, though, we couldn’t afford our only senior and leader to slump that badly.

I just got hard on him once I saw people trying to blame Duval. Now it has shifted to maybe Bagley was the reason Grayson struggled. To me it seems like some people on here love Grayson so much that they wouldn't be satisfied unless Grayson is the driving force for us winning. It's cool to have a favorite player but dang. Blaming his bad play for a stretch on other players is kind of crazy.

Most will admit his shooting was disappointing. However, I don't think it was all on him. Once Bagley was out of the lineup, the ball moved much better, which he suddenly got a whole lot of better looks. Coincidence?

Most will admit his shooting was disappointing. However, I don't think it was all on him. Once Bagley was out of the lineup, the ball moved much better, which he suddenly got a whole lot of better looks. Coincidence?

When you have a star player who can go one on one he’s going to have isolation plays. If he doesn’t need a pick to score then you don’t need to move the ball around. You just throw it to him and clear out. That has always happened in the history of basketball. We are top 3 in the country in assists so I think we’ve always moved the ball well. Bagley can’t help that all of the guards watch in awe when he receives a pass

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT