ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS LOUISVILLE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Short and sweet tonight.

We’re rolling, we win.

Game is slated for a 9pm est tip and will air on ESPN HD.

Duke 81

Louisville 72

GO DUKE!!!!!!

Duke 89
Louisville 71

Do we see Bagley? I say no, but we see him Saturday.

Duke needs to be ready for an emotionally charged Cardinal team after the announcements yesterday. They were flat against unx. I am sure the 'Ville will be charged up tonight.

they didnt come out flat against UNX...they were flat the entire game, it was pretty embarrassing.

any who, if they play tonight like they did against UNX....we win by 20

This is a game that could go either way. Louisville is sitting near the bubble and needs this one. Not sure on score but I am wondering if we see Bagley tonight. Let’s Go Duke

In all of our losses,and some of our wins (see Ga.Tech) we've been out rebounded,out hustled and out played in the second half...need 40 solid minutes,if we do this,we win going away 92-74 Duke

Louisville likes to play pressure defense and force turnovers. Trevon and Grayson being able to beat the pressure without turning the ball over will be key.

Remember Louisville: When the going get tough...quit

Duke by 12

Duke must come out and match the intensity I expect Lville to have. I am curious if the Crazies will have signs or chants referencing Lville being "striped" of the title. Not that it would have an impact on the game.

I think we found our defense, and it will work well against UL if we can guard the high post. Grayson and Gary get it going in this one, and I think Tre is building confidence after playing fundamentally better these last few games. With Wendell, Ques, and Javin neutralizing their frontcourt, I like us in this one.

Duke - 87
UL - 74

P.S. It's Mike Patrick's last game on the mic! I always enjoyed him. He called a lot of Duke games when I was a young fan in the Battier/J-Will days and through the JJ/Shelden days. I expect he requested his last game to be at Cameron, which is a cool tip of the cap.

Reactions: Mac9192 and Kobe #1
I think we found our defense, and it will work well against UL if we can guard the high post. Grayson and Gary get it going in this one, and I think Tre is building confidence after playing fundamentally better these last few games. With Wendell, Ques, and Javin neutralizing their frontcourt, I like us in this one.

Duke - 87
UL - 74

P.S. It's Mike Patrick's last game on the mic! I always enjoyed him. He called a lot of Duke games when I was a young fan in the Battier/J-Will days and through the JJ/Shelden days. I expect he requested his last game to be at Cameron, which is a cool tip of the cap.

I love him! Sad he's leaving

Reactions: hallside
I think after what Louisville has gone through the past day, I think they play with a chip on their shoulder, but Duke ends up winning a close one.

Duke: 76
Louisville: 68

Let’s Go Duke!!

PS: hope the Crazies go easy on Louisville!!

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil

Duke - 87
UL - 74

Dang! Gonna hate to see Mike Patrick go!

We got this one. The confidence continues to grow with or without Bagley (get well soon young man!). Grayson continues to attack and look for his shot. Carter with another big second half.

Duval tweets his posterizing dunk on UL's big man from the bench in the middle of the first half. It's so devastating a dunk that all the assistants re-tweet it before halftime despite no evidence of phones on the bench!

Duke covers 78 - 63

Go Duke!

Alan

Bagley tonight? Anyone know?
From Adam Rowe: “there will be an announcement after the team's shootaround at 4:30 as to whether Bagley will be available to play. If Bagley is unable to go, the team will send out a release. If he is able to play, there will be no further update.”

I guess no news would be good news!

I really like the confidence this team is building together, and now they just need to concentrate on putting 40 minutes together. The Louisville bigs seem to play their best against Duke, so foul trouble could be big in this one.
Duke is playing smarter and together, and at home they will find a way.
Go Duke!
OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT