ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS IONA NCAA TOURNEY 1ST ROUND GAMEDAY THREAD***

It would be kind of funny if the Buffalo coach said this would provide a great opportunity to move on to a bigger school next year.

Nice win against a gritty,but undersized Iona team,each game will be tougher than the previous one,but if we keep playing like this we'll be just fine...And Trevon...as the late,great Dick Enberg would say...................OH MY!!!

Reactions: hart2chesson
Nothing to complain about here. Iona was hot in the first but Duke luckily was as well and didn't allow the upset ghosts to start creeping in. Iona cooled and we took em out as we should.

Hoping for similar Saturday, seems Rhode Island is similar to Iona in terms of size, but obviously much more skilled.

If we were still playing man to man I'd fear the heck out of this Rhode Island game, their guards can penetrate and shoot it. With the zone though I'm feeling pretty confident.

Reactions: christophero
Great 1st game by this young team. Really looked and stayed composed throughout the game. Kinda wish we would have saved some of those 3's and points for Saturday! Stay engaged guards, you are the key, and Trevon, your accuracy is going to be expected from here on out!
1-0 with 5 to go! Saturday is really a big game Folks, for confidence.
Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: christophero
Agree with the confidence comment. If we win Saturday some of the pressure will be off and I like our chances. I don't think Kansas will make the Elite 8. If Duval and Grayson continue to ball we won't lose...to anyone. Is it Saturday yet?

Reactions: jcdevilfan
Did what we were supposed to do. Got the dub. Now on to beating down Rhode Island. This almost the exact same squad from last year. I believe we handled them last year when we were undermanned

Yeah, I know, first round game against a lesser opponent, but we all know what can happen if you get complacent.

Two things that make me smile about yesterday's game. First, the rotation on Duval's shot was miraculously better, I mean leaps and bounds better. When he misses badly it's like a ball is a 100 pound oblong boulder launched from a catapult wandering thru the air. Yesterday his 3 balls looked sweet!

The other, was just a simple play, I think early in the second half. A defensive rebound was pulled down (not sure by whom). Outlet pass to Grayson on the wing. No dribble, pass up to Trent a foot behind the 3 point line. No dribble, and swish, and all three players had body language that said, "yep, that's how we do it!" THAT was a thing of beauty!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT