ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS INDIANA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

We are not down double digits so I guess that’s a win early...

Our defense is horrendous but I didnt expect it would be fixed in a day...

We are Duke. We will get everyone’s best shot. But this defense gives us far too many easy looks and when we force shots and they happen to miss we don’t find a single body on the defensive glass

Our defense is laughably bad. We're gonna go cold shooting one night and get the piss beat out of us.

We’ll lose when a team shoots the lights out. Our offense is going to get points, every single game, a lot of them

Hate to but.... I checked into comment on the D!! Total embarrassment!!!! How many years in a row can we blame players/execution vs system???

Yes will win, yes we're very good, yes we tend to lock down at crunch time. That doesn't validate the majority of what we're seeing! Fing terrible!!!

Why switch everything, hedge everything, every time?? It clearly is not working. This isn't an offensive juggernaut we're getting cut up by

A lot of people were worried about a slow start, and we are tied, on the road, with a hostile crowd. Yeah, the defense could be better, but we also could have came out cold and flat and be down 15 right now....we're fine

And they might even play less than that.

The last five possessions Indiana has five layups....and six of the last seven.

Yeah we have to make some adjustments there and I'm sure those are being discussed but our guys are not are not being able to absorb it. Need several stops in a row and create some turnovers. OFC

I think our defensive woes boil down to the super elite high school players don't play a lot of great D in high school. When you're already the most athletic guy on your team that effort just isn't always there.

I think our defensive woes boil down to the super elite high school players don't play a lot of great D in high school. When you're already the most athletic guy on your team that effort just isn't always there.

Switches, cut defense and a few other aspects that are necessary in college aren’t always taught in high school.

Reactions: jrtplaya
Wonder why IU doesn't play with this intensity all the time.

Zone seems to have created more stops but we might as well give them the ball right back with stupid possessions of our own. Duval 3, Bagley pull up 3. Run the damn offense and get the easy look we always seem to find.

I hope everyone tempers their expectations of the defense some. It won’t be a “finished” product until February or March. Much like all of our freshmen oriented teams.

Reactions: dukesince91
When duval shoots from three it reminds me of Ric Flair when he would go to the top rope, you knew no matter how promising it looked , the opponent would throw him off before he could land it.

Reactions: dukehokie
It seems like we could get a little more creative with the lineup since this one isn’t clicking. Could White or Tucker add something?

Lmao Morgan trying to stare Grayson down after an awful hard fouls. You didn’t pack anyone buddy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT