ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS INDIANA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
ACC/Big Ten Challenge tonight in Bloomington against the Indiana Hoosiers. I don't know a ton about Indiana other than a new coach, lost several key players off of last years team the biggest being Thomas Bryant.

They come into today's game with a record of 4-2 and haven't played great competition. That said, we all know every team gives Duke its best shot, and we're on the road.

Tonight's game is slated to tip at 9:30est and will air on ESPN HD.

Duke 85

Indiana 73

Reactions: skysdad
We may have some fatigue but at the end of the night our talent and coaching are too much. Duke by 10 or more...I will say or more.

87-69 Duke

Duke and as young as these guys are if they are fatigued drink monster lol.

Jet lag is more what I'm worried about and assembly hall will be jumping and Hoosier fans will be in full force.

Grayson shows out.

Duke starts slow, crowd into it HUGE, perhaps Hoosiers even early in K's words "knock us back." Devils get it together and prevail, 92-75....

OFC

This is our first real road game. We have many freshmen. They will be getting yelled at by many people who don't like them. It's hard to predict how they will react. This is a game we really need calm, confident play from Tre and Gray. I'd be fine with us not taking a single three. Try and get into the paint on every play.

Duke 75
Indiana 70

Gutsy performance on defense.

Not too worried about this matchup although Assembly Hall is going to be loud and rocking. I have a feeling our guys start slow, but get it going and finish strong!

Duke:86
Indiana: 67

Let’s Go Duke!!

Tim Priller at the buzzer for the win!!!!

giphy.gif

Or, maybe Duke is just too long and athletic.

But maybe Tim Priller! But maybe not.

Last edited:
As I Hoosier fan, I fully expect Duke by double digits. A win for me would be single digit turnovers and keeping you guys under 70. This IU team is starting to get it together, but Duke's talent is still superior. I'm just looking for improvement from one game to the next.

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
Something like 82-72. Game is close the first half and IU sticks around just enough to make possessions matter late in the game.

Duke-85
IU-77
A little closer than it should because this has been circled for IU since Miller got to campus.

Reactions: GARY4plus3
We don't go down by double-digits in the first half. Close early, were up by a margin of 8-10 at half. 2nd half stays competitive, but the margin stays around 10-15.

Time for a game to not give everyone a heart attack.
Duke 85
IU 71

I agree we probably start slow. Seems we’ve done that a lot this season. Our talent will be too much for IU in the end.
Duke 87
Hoosiers 71

Reactions: hart2chesson
I guess in the back of my mind, we're all thinking this will be a grind it out kinda half-hearted win. But something in there tells me these kids may surprise us and begin to play like a cohesive unit soon and this COULD be the one. They could blow up and blow IU out in this one. That scenario is coming soon, first night everybody fires on all cylinders it's gonna be ugly for the opposition.

Trent and Allen still don't find their early season form in this one, but we grind it out in the paint. We lead most of the way, but it's close until we pull away to a 14 point win in the last 8 mins as we wear down their interior. We are too big, too strong, too talented inside.

Duke 84
Indiana 70

Reactions: hart2chesson
Going against the grain a little...Duke learns a little from past experience comes out with dedicated defense and causes multiple early turnovers and runs away with it.

Reactions: bubby1 and QC Dukie
Normally, this would be a huge coaching mis match. But Archie Miller is no Tom Crean. He's a very good coach. And we have 5 Seniors. Duke will win because they are the best team in the country but IU is starting to put it together.

A win for the Hoosiers would be a season changer victory. They'll be ready, and their fans will be ready. Duke better be ready also, or we'll be in a dogfight.

Duke 80
Indiana 73

OFC

Reactions: DukeDenver
Current line only at 8.5. I pay attention to those because Vegas isn't Vegas by being bad at handicapping. Before seeing the line, I would have said Duke by 20.....but now I'm only going Duke by double the line
Duke 83
Indy 68

Last edited:
I guess in the back of my mind, we're all thinking this will be a grind it out kinda half-hearted win. But something in there tells me these kids may surprise us and begin to play like a cohesive unit soon and this COULD be the one. They could blow up and blow IU out in this one. That scenario is coming soon, first night everybody fires on all cylinders it's gonna be ugly for the opposition.

The pain is coming, it's just a matter of when. Would love for this to be the one and then start steam rolling Chodes as we hit top gear....

I'm gonna let you slide here for two reasons:
1. S is next to D on the keyboard
2. You live in Kentucky and are only a product of your environment

Thanks for the generosity and the heads up!!! I'll fix it now!!

Reactions: GAAP
I'm confident, but superstitious about predicting anything specific.

We all pine for the days of guys staying the full 4 years and all, but one upside to this OAD era is that freshmen are often better prepared for the high pressure environments. Freshman Dre Dawkins was big in a comeback that fell just short at the Kohl Center, and Tyus willed us to a win in our next trip there. The pressure of coming back from so far down to win our last two games -- including an OT w/o our one senior -- leads me to believe the pressure of Assembly Hall won't be a major issue. It'll be tough to win, of course, but either way, I think we'll handle the pressure just fine.

I’m agreeing with everyone saying we start slow. I’m assuming Grayson’s shot is still off, so if that’s the case, we start slow and may even go down early. We’ll bring it back and win by 15+.

Duke - 87
Indiana - something under 72.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT