ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS GONZAGA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Well, this should be one of the more exciting regular season games we've played in recent memory. My gut tells me Gonzaga's (6-0) experience, depth and offensive firepower will be more than this young team can handle. On the other hand, I love the moxy and grit of our young team.

Tonight's game will be played at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, home of the NHL's Vegas Golden Knights, should be a very cool place to play this game. I would think it should mostly be a pro-Duke (6-0) crowd, but a neutral court regardless.

Tonight's game is going to be a very late tip on the east coast set to begin at 10:30pm est and will air on ESPN. The Blue Devils are currently a +7.5 underdog to the consensus #1 Bulldogs. Since I'm the consummate homer I will take us to cover, and win outright.

Duke 84

Gonzaga 81

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach K Fact #7: Coach K revitalized USA basketball coaching the team to gold in 2008, 2012 and 2016.

Play smart, rebound and physical without getting in foul trouble. Everyone needs to bring their A game.

Duke- 79
Gonzaga- 75

Reactions: sheyduke
Well, this should be one of the more exciting regular season games we've played in recent memory. My gut tells me Gonzaga's (6-0) experience, depth and offensive firepower will be more than this young team can handle. On the other hand, I love the moxy and grit of our young team. Tonight's game will be played at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, home of the NHL's Vegas Golden Knights, should be a very cool place to play this game. I would think it should mostly be a pro-Duke (6-0) crowd, but a neutral court regardless. Tonight's game is going to be a very late tip on the east coast set to begin at 10:30pm est and will air on ESPN. The Blue Devils are currently a +7.5 underdog to the consensus #1 Bulldogs. Since I'm the consummate homer I will take us to cover, and win outright. Duke 84 Gonzaga 81 GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Coach K Fact #7: Coach K revitalized USA basketball coaching the team to gold in 2008, 2012 and 2016.

For Duke to win, Banchero, Williams, and Theo are going to have to outplay Timme and Holgrem and Roach, Keels, Moore, Griffin, and Baker are going to have to keep it within 5-7 points of Nembhard, Bolton, Strawther, and Hickman. If Banchero outplays Holgrem significantly and Williams/Theo can keep Timme below 20+ points & 12+ rebounds.

After 14 years or so of K-villes game day thread I'm not gonna change my prediction.

Duke 84
Gonzaga 81

OFC

Last edited:
If Theo and Williams are on Timme Duke is in trouble . Williams and Theo switching out on Chet get to be to much for him and the combo of Paolo and Griffin keep Timme in check. Roach shows out with Keels and Moore disrupting their offensive flow. Watch the back door cuts and rebound . I agree bench is key and Blake’s gets a few minutes just for defense .
Duke by five points.

Reactions: DBM0828
We’re getting 7.5???😂
H2kCFcf.jpg

“BAM elimination, lack of education”🦊 🐶 I got us by 8! Betting BIG

Duke 85
Gonzaga 83
But we need to shoot well and get back on D for this to happen. If Theo can go a decent job on Timme we can win.

Duke 85
Gonzaga 83
But we need to shoot well and get back on D for this to happen. If Theo can go a decent job on Timme we can win.
I don’t think Johns can hold Timme and I hope he doesn’t .

Gonzaga has looked tough against top notch competition so far. Duke has shown offensive lapses against lesser foes this year and I think the offense is still trying to figure things out while the defense has been good so far. Unfortunately I don't think Duke can afford to have any lapses against the zags and predict the first L of the season for the devils.

I think we can win, but I also think we are going to find out that Gonzaga is a BIG step up from Kentucky. But if we execute and contain Timme we can win.

Reactions: Mac9192
I think we can win, but I also think we are going to find out that Gonzaga is a BIG step up from Kentucky. But if we execute and contain Timme we can win.
Enter Paolo and Griffin. Moore and Keels will be on the guards . I don’t think the zags have seen a front court or switching defense like Dukes this season. The key for Duke is rebounding the more second chance points they give up the more the zags will run away with the game.

Reactions: christophero
I know people are tired of hearing about Holmgren, but he is averaging 13 a game and shooting 71 percent, so Mark and Theo will need to keep him in check. He's put up big numbers the last 3 games.

We must execute on offense and play stout defense to be competitive tonight. Coach will have us ready on a big stage in a big pre conference match up. I agree with Chris, this game will show a lot about where both teams are right now, in November. End of the day unless its a blow out one way or the other the outcome is pretty meaningless. But I’ld be lying if I didn’t really want to see us come out and dominate from the opening tip til the final horn.

Duke 88
Zags 72

A Duke blow out ha. That would be nice. If we lose a close one we may move up in the rankings. I could deal with that. But if they do a UCLA/Texas on us I am not going to want to read all the "changing of the guard" articles. But it really won't matter that much and certainly helps our strength of schedule. If Keels has a big game I think we win. Moore should have a big game.

Last edited:
I hate to pin things down to a player, but if AJ Griffin plays like he did LAST WEEK, Duke I believe will win. I will simply propose Griffin and/or Joey hit double figures, Duke wins. OFC

I'm not sure Baker is ready for double figures in this game. If he can, he can do it against anyone and would be a breakthrough for him. AJ in double figures is more likely. Even if we can get 6 out of those 2 and decent defense. Any help Theo can give will be huge. I imagine Theo gets 20 minutes tonight.

A Duke blow out ha. That would be nice. If we lose a close one we may move up in the rankings. I could deal with that. But if they do a UCLA/Texas on us I am not going to want to read all the "changing of the guard" articles. But it really won't matter that much and certainly helps our strength of schedule. If Keels has a big game I think we win. Moore should have a big game.
I thought only UNC loses and moves up in rankings? 😉

I'm not sure Baker is ready for double figures in this game. If he can, he can do it against anyone and would be a breakthrough for him. AJ in double figures is more likely. Even if we can get 6 out of those 2 and decent defense. Any help Theo can give will be huge. I imagine Theo gets 20 minutes tonight.
I can agree with the minutes for Johns as long as Duke can keep Chet in the paint.
has Timme went against a front court like Dukes this season?
Defense is key.

Timme is the best big Duke will see this season. The guys guarding him have to play smart. The other key is Nembhard. Contain, or somewhat contain these 2.

I believe we are the more physical team, we have to rebound the ball and get back on d. They are similar to the Holes that they like to run.

Timme is the best big Duke will see this season. The guys guarding him have to play smart. The other key is Nembhard. Contain, or somewhat contain these 2.

I believe we are the more physical team, we have to rebound the ball and get back on d. They are similar to the Holes that they like to run.
So it’s safe to say Paolo might be the best big Timme see’s until the tourney? Nembhard is the Florida transfer right? Keels and Moore will have to come to play . This is where Baker coming off the bench will have to play well.

Reactions: Mac9192
Tonight's game will be played at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, home of the NHL's Vegas Golden Knights, should be a very cool place to play this game. I would think it should mostly be a pro-Duke (6-0) crowd, but a neutral court regardless.

Tonight's game is going to be a very late tip on the east coast set to begin at 10:30pm est and will air on ESPN. The Blue Devils are currently a +7.5 underdog to the consensus #1 Bulldogs. Since I'm the consummate homer I will take us to cover, and win outright.

Duke 84

Gonzaga 81

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach K Fact #7: Coach K revitalized USA basketball coaching the team to gold in 2008, 2012 and 2016.
Yes. It is a neutral court but this will be Gonzaga’s 3rd game there this week. Central Michigan on Monday night and UCLA Tuesday. Something that I think has factored into the line.

Just read some gameday comments on the Gonzaga board. After reading a ratface comment and several snide DUI comments (your COACH was drinking and driving!!!)
You know what?
F these guys.
Blow them out of the water.
Must still be salty about that 2015 elite 8 loss..
You know that year we won the title? Something that no zags fan can say 🙂

Just read some gameday comments on the Gonzaga board. After reading a ratface comment and several snide DUI comments (your COACH was drinking and driving!!!)
You know what?
F these guys.
Blow them out of the water.
I don’t want to blow them out the water. Like khaled says,” just win baby win!” Is it 10:30 yet tired of all the talk let’s get on the court.

If I stay up and we lose I’m gonna be hurt…changed…curse out a leaf if it falls from the tree wrong tomorrow

I may need to just watch a movie. Nerves. Plus we usually do good when I do that.
Come on Chris we’re going to bring this W to Durham . No one thinks Duke can win but us fans . I say throw out the book this is going to be a street ball game .in all I hope Duke rebounds, executes on defense and put the NCAA on notice that last year was a fluke . Let’s go !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT