ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS GONZAGA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Our guards, Keels and Roach need to shoot better.
PG play always seems to be the differentiator in close games and for teams that make deep runs into the tournament..an off night like tonight for our PG is tough to overcome. Still time but this half we have not played as well, our decisions or our effort on the defensive end

Reactions: christophero
Good thing Paolo went and got an IV in the locker room! We need him.

I have to admit, when I saw Wendell as a freshman, I didn’t think he had a big upside. I was wrong. This kid has seriously impressed me.

Reactions: KDSTONE
Roach just needs to facilitate at this point...a fully mobile Paolo in this half would have made a huge difference to this game. Its going to the wire. It will come down to decision making

even an average shooting game from Keels and Roach and we would be coasting! Make FT's pls!

would love to see us throw a full court press here! get a TO or make them eat at least 11 seconds....but that works too!

no easy layup....make them work the clock at least. Yes! pressure on the ball! love it!

I have to admit, when I saw Wendell as a freshman, I didn’t think he had a big upside. I was wrong. This kid has seriously impressed me.

its called player development and a ton of us have completely written him off because we haven’t seen it often at Duke the past few years. All of our guys should see Wendell’s massive jump but for whatever reason don’t

its called player development and a ton of us have completely written him off because we haven’t seen it often at Duke the past few years. All of our guys should see Wendell’s massive jump but for whatever reason don’t
Yea and he does it the grinding way. Not always electric or pretty but freaking solid.

Roach with the clutch drive. But that’s the distance he needs to shoot. Layups are his range.

Nothing worse than a dribble 3 for a college player - as if you are Steph Curry.

Banchero’s cramping issues are worrisome long term. And that is one reason the Zags are so close.

Would like to see Griffin get more burn in these games.

Defense will carry Duke. Really love the game from Williams and the energy they brought tonight.

Great second half effort with Paolo going down with cramps! Great to see what it takes to win it all too...now to push on and get even better...no championships in November but definitely a great win to get the belief into the team and move on. End game was especially good given the past few seasons where we struggles...Moore was clutch.

Beat them with Roach and Keels going 5-24. Banchero is a stud, as was Williams and Moore. Williams is that big that disrupts so much, and Moore is having a great season so far. Just like he did in high school, he does a little of everything.
Big win vs a great team.

Great win by our guys. Moore was just ridiculous in the 2nd half and Banchero was amazing in the 1st half. Mark was great the entire game and Keels played amazing defense. These cramps almost cost us the game, as did our FT shooting. We’ve got access to one of the best medical teams in the world and they can’t figure out how to deal with potential cramps?This will end up costing us and I just hope it’s in the regular season versus the NCAA/ACC tournaments. Need to get this figured out and have to shoot better at the FT line.

Great game to watch and was thrilled that we pulled out the win!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT