ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS GONZAGA MAUI INVITE FINAL OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Enough with Gonzaga shooting ...our D is bad period .thats the difference
Yeah these are wide open and in the flow of the offense...,defense has been terrible and why they are shooting the way they are....

This has been a bit of an ass whooping. I think the score has been under 10 points for maybe 45 seconds this entire half. They’re just dominating us in every single fashion. It would take an incredible collapse right now by the Zags for our guys to get this one....and would be a demoralizing loss for them.

Ugh. I hate when we play hero ball. RJ could make endless inside out passes, but chooses to force it usually. Then we lollygag on D like chumps. I hope these guys receive the criticism well and adjust moving forward. Earn everything!
Barrett scores a lot of points but man he takes a butt load of shots to get those points.

Reactions: germantondevil
Every time we get a chance to get it going, we piss it away. Frustrating.

I don't see this win happening. But this game is an excellent teaching experience for them.

Reactions: DukeDenver
It’s what I said before the season started....I don’t care how good we are offensively...I need to see a Duke team that can defend....at least for tonight our defense has been pretty bad....hopefully they take it and improve on it going forward.....

Reactions: dukehokie
Yeah, I know it may seem like the Zags have this one, but Duke is still fighting hard, and it's still not over.

OFC

We don’t shoot good enough from the line to attack lol and trading baskets ain’t gonna work . Need 3s now

This has been a bit of an ass whooping. I think the score has been under 10 points for maybe 45 seconds this entire half. They’re just dominating us in every single fashion. It would take an incredible collapse right now by the Zags for our guys to get this one....and would be a demoralizing loss for them.

You'd think so but the difference is just shooting %..the rest of the stats are pretty even...we cant get level because they got off to a fast start and havent hit any period where they didnt score...that may be our defense but they are playing lights out to have this lead....wont happen every night

we can only hope this isn’t a continuing occurrence and is only a one game hiccup. I can’t take another year of last years defense.
Me either. Hasn’t been much of a forefront issue so far yet this year because our shots were going down. When we have a bad offensive game it just highlights how lacking our defense is.

The only hope I have is that last season, Duke did this as well. Last five minutes, they took the D to a different level. May see that happening.​

Reactions: pisgah101
Sometimes when Zion scores, he makes it look SO easy and I'm just like.. Why don't you just do that every time? Haha

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT