ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS GEORGIA STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Sorry for the tardiness of the gameday thread - I’m so blown away by the fight between the Browns and Steelers, it’s like a bad train wreck. I don’t believe I have EVER seen a fight like that in the NFL, but ironically, as a college athletic director I had this very thing happen to a couple of our own guys during practice. D-Lineman hit an O-Lineman in the face with his own helmet and broke the orbital bone on his face. He literally faced criminal charges - and so should Garrett.

Alright on to the game lol - I’ve never done that before, but wow. Tonight is game number two of the 2K Empire Classic against a 1-1 Georgia State team.

This one is simple. No one get hurt, play clean, error free (or mostly), continue to defend how we have been and continue to grow offensively - and we win going away.

Tonight’s game is slated for a 7pm est tip and will air on the ACC Network. Duke is a -28.5 favorite and like Tuesday, we’ll cover.

Duke 97

Georgia State 62

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duke 100
Georgia State 64

That fight was crazy to the point that the teams didn’t even want to play the final 8 seconds but they had to by rule. I’ll waiting to see how many players get fined & suspended and how much the fines will be & how long the suspensions will be. I’ll be surprised if Garrett doesn’t get suspended for the rest of the season if not longer. It takes a real punk to rip a player’s helmet off then hit him in the head with it. I saw on Facebook where a friend of mind posted that Garrett claimed it was an accident which is complete BS because you don’t accidentally rip a player’s helmet off then hit them with it.

Duke 92
Bad guys 67

Blown assists everywhere by the bad guys. Cassius Stanley makes a dunk where he launches from the 3 point line.

Reactions: dukehokie
Duke and this team continues to get better.

Looking for another strong defensive outing and some more consistent play from both the freshman ( mainly Moore) and the upperclassmen ( mainly white and Javin )

I was having breakfast with Sky, and he was showing off his copper fit compression socks, and bragging about how they help his joints and circulation. He then asked me if they make anything for erectile dysfunction. I told him that was a question for his family doctor.

Duke by 38

Duke by 40. Tonight’s leading scorer will be ... Alex O’Connell. It seems to change every game now. 3 in 3 games. Cassius continues his efficient play. Tre and Javin doesn’t take threes this game *cross fingers*

Reactions: hart2chesson
I really would like to see Moore settle in and let the game come to him. Right now he’s a huge key to how this season may turn out.

DUKE 94
GSU 60

Reactions: dbav
Duke 92
Georgia St 53

While we don't have the top-end talent as years past, I think our depth is great for games like this. We are still demolishing teams with our 9th and 10th men which leads to a much larger margin of victory.

Getting up 40 and then seeing the end of our bench blow the lead down to 25 was like an annual November Duke tradition.

I, for some reason think we struggle early to get into our groove. We"ll eventually find it. 83-61

Who do you guys think is the leading scorer tonight? This is a legit question that could be asked every game with how versatile this team is.

I’m going with Vernon.

Reactions: Hurley22
Get the win, and stay healthy. Go Duke!

Duke 83
Georgia State 59

And 'hokie, I'll go with Ca$h as the leading scorer.

OFC

Who do you guys think is the leading scorer tonight? This is a legit question that could be asked every game with how versatile this team is.

I’m going with Vernon.
I'm gonna say Tre, but you're right, it's a legit question that hopefully will be the case all year.

Reactions: dukehokie
not concerned about the outcome, but after the UCA game coach did mention this team and their athleticism. hopefully ga state does play well and the defense is able to defend the athletes k spoke about.

Not concerned at all. Duke should win this one with relative ease.

Duke: 93
Ga State: 57

Let’s go Duke!!

Well folks it looks like we may be rerouted to ESPNU or news tonight. There is a women' so ACC volly ball game on schedule before our game tonight. Can't cut away for that. OFC

Reactions: pisgah101
Well folks it looks like we may be rerouted to ESPNU or news tonight. There is a women' so ACC volly ball game on schedule before our game tonight. Can't cut away for that. OFC

And we probably will not see the end of the game because they will break away for the start of the unc cheater u game. OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT