ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS FLORIDA STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
And we're here already. It's senior night at Cameron and we're facing an opponent that has already given us fits this year in Tallahassee and has been known to do it in Cameron. How has the season flown by so fast?!?!

This one is extra special for me - I just landed in Atlanta (typing this as I taxi) and then hopping on a plane to Raleigh so I can be at the game tonight. Can't wait! It'll be my fourth Cameron experience and my first since 2012.

Needless to say this is a must win for so many obvious reasons. We need to hit shots against FSU's toughness D. Here's to a solid performance and a senior day send off win for the guys that have given four and five years - Nick Pagliuca, Amile Jefferson and Matt Jones.

Game is slated for a 7pm est tip and will air on ESPNHD.

Duke 71

Florida State 66

GO DUKE!!!!!!!

If it wasn't senior night I would think that Amile might have gotten the night off. I think he'll play, but will probably get limited minutes tonight. It's going to be tough without him going against that FSU frontcourt.

77-71 FSU

Gonna be a good game. This is a win we need to give us a spark. Amile and Matt both have been huge for us. Gonna miss these two guys. Hopefully we show out and give them a game to remember.

Reactions: topps coach
Hard to believe this is already the last home game this season! FSU will be a tough tough game, but I feel that Duke will come out on top on senior night.

Duke: 82
FSU: 77

Let's Go Duke!!

I hope Grayson's ankle is better & he goes off tonight! This could also be his last home game!!! Duke by a bucket! GO DUKE!!!!

OFC

I hope the emotion of senior night, + potentially other players last nights at Cameron, will spur an energetic and dominant performance. Add in the Crazies giving the seniors a rapturous send off....it should equal a win...by double digits would be nice for a change

Reactions: CRAZIE4LIFE
Amile!!!! Matt, Grayson, Luke and Tatum along with Giles get off tonight.

It's senior night and maybe the last time all of them play in Cameron!

Just win baby win, Duke

Probably graysons senior night also. He's getting a degree and is likely gone.

A must win and I think we do it.

Gonna have to record this one for later.

Duke 66
FSU 73

There are a lot of guys that could be playing their last game at CIS. There is also a likely 3 seed and double bye if we win our last 2 games. I expect us to make enough plays and enough shots to escape with a victory

Duke 82
Fsu 80

Vegas just released the line. Duke -6.5. That tells me a couple things. They have a good feeling Grayson and Amile are playing and they expect a double digit victory for Duke. Very aggressive line in duke's favor

For nothing else, I want a victory for the seniors. I appreciate Amile and Matt and what they've meant to Duke. I know a lot of guys don't like them, but they are keys to this team and I can only imagine what they mean in practice.

It would be nice from start to finish a game where there was no doubt Duke wins. We really need one of those now. OFC

I would like to think that if our guys could get up for any games all season it would be these next two with senior night and @ UNC. But first things first, let's see some inside out play, get Amile and Giles involved early and then knock 'em down from outside to pull away.

Congrats to Amile and Matt. Say what you will, but those guys are Duke blue thru and thru.

Duke 76
FSU 64

Go Duke!

Alan

Reactions: Dad2ze
I hope we are able to score better than Saturday but FSU will have a lot to say about that and of course if Grayson doesn't play who knows anything.

Hope Duke wins and can score 75 points.

Last edited:
It's going to be another tough one. I hope our guys are ready for the homestretch.

Duke 70
FSU 67

Go Duke!

Just can't make a pick because I don't know who will be playing or sitting out. Health is an issue, so we have to hope for the best. Can't believe Duke is favored in this game after losing to FSU by 16 earlier, and now on a 2 game losing streak, but I sure hope they are right!! I look for FSU to play really well tonight, so we will have to reach down deep.
I hope we play well for Amile, Matt, and Nick, they have been really great kids and represent Duke with class! Sure am going to miss them.
Go Duke!
OFC

Man can't believe we are already at the last game in Cameron again! It always comes so fast.

Sounds like an oversimplification, but Duke has to get back to shooting well. In that last two games, both losses, Duke has missed a combined 39 threes. That is a lot of missed 3's in two games. They don't have to be otherworldly, they just have to get back to a reasonable percentage. They missed all those threes, and each was still a one-possession game.

FSU fan checking in. We have not played well on the road at all this season. Five games we have trailed by 15+ points at one time in the game on the road. I am not expecting a win in this one. Duke is due a big performance and I think that happens tonight.

Duke 79
FSU 68

We just need to come out and play hard and take good shots instead of jacking up 3s every dang time down the floor

Play duke basketball tonight guys and we walk out with the win

Amile didn't get to play FSU last game so you he'll be fired up on top of senior night. As mentioned, it's a lot of guys' last games at Cameron (maybe 7-8) so the intensity will be up, but more than that, I'd like to see the execution ramp up. Bacon has slowed a bit after his...sizzling start ;). Terrence Mann cannot be let lose again. Keep him in check on the off ball stuff and we win.

Duke - 80
FSU- 72

Missed seeing any posts from you the past week or so - glad to see you on here and I hope you're right about the win! Go Duke!!

Thanks, Blue42. I've been under the weather a little, and hopefully a Duke win will make us all feel better.
And if we get this W, then hopefully we can splatter your hubby's team in the next game.:)

OFC

Reactions: dukehokie
First off, I am going to miss Amile and Matt. Those guys have been special despite never leading the team in scoring. They don't get the attention they deserve. Matt has hit many clutch/big shots that some fans forget(Zags 2015). 4 year guys are to be cherished nowadays.

As far as the other guys who may leave, who knows? I will say it will be tough to see Grayson and Luke go whenever that is. Despite some negative attention, Grayson sparked us in the title game and helped carry Duke last year in a down year that could've went south. Hopefully tonight isn't their last game in CIS.

That leaves the freshmen. Thanks to all of them regardless of what they choose to do. Jayson is gone, and should be. We were lucky to have his talent this season even with some growing pains. Harry is probably gone, but man, what a kid! Who could not root for this guy? He hasn't had the season he or the fans hoped for, but it wasn't for lack of effort. Hopefully he is injury free from here on out. I think Frank is back, but Marques is a toss up. He never seemed comfortable IMO. He showed flashes though. Would be nice to see him grind it out and have a breakout sophomore year.

And for the game, Duke wins. Vegas has Duke as a 7 point favorite and they are lining up to take FSU. I think this one could really get away from FSU. Should be fun.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
First off, I am going to miss Amile and Matt. Those guys have been special despite never leading the team in scoring. They don't get the attention they deserve. Matt has hit many clutch/big shots that some fans forget(Zags 2015). 4 year guys are to be cherished nowadays.

As far as the other guys who may leave, who knows? I will say it will be tough to see Grayson and Luke go whenever that is. Despite some negative attention, Grayson sparked us in the title game and helped carry Duke last year in a down year that could've went south. Hopefully tonight isn't their last game in CIS.

That leaves the freshmen. Thanks to all of them regardless of what they choose to do. Jayson is gone, and should be. We were lucky to have his talent this season even with some growing pains. Harry is probably gone, but man, what a kid! Who could not root for this guy? He hasn't had the season he or the fans hoped for, but it wasn't for lack of effort. Hopefully he is injury free from here on out. I think Frank is back, but Marques is a toss up. He never seemed comfortable IMO. He showed flashes though. Would be nice to see him grind it out and have a breakout sophomore year.

And for the game, Duke wins. Vegas has Duke as a 7 point favorite and they are lining up to take FSU. I think this one could really get away from FSU. Should be fun.

I just hope Amile gets to play. Hope both have a great game. For all of you who read this let's try real hard not to be critical of these two fine young men who gave Duke the 4 years ,5 in Amiles case that they were recruited for. Both went through some tough times learning the college game and the Duke way. Either of them could have packed it in and transferred after a couple of years but they hung in there. There always has been and still is a special place in my heart to see seniors have their day especially the 4 year guys. So let's try really hard tonight on this thread to appreciate these two. OFC

Reactions: Duke It Out
jeeze we're still flashing jefferson to the top of the 3 point line. This defense hasn't worked and has put our guys in a position to fail.

Luke will not look for a cutting big at all but it's a good game so far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT