ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS FLORIDA STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Not sure I understand the sentiment that we will have a letdown at UNC this year if we're coming off of a victory. Really, this team is a blank slate when it comes to the normal expectations about an FSU team. The way that this team uses a rotation that can at times go 11 and 12 players deep makes it difficult to have a team that is stagnant or underperforming. They are not elite player top to bottom, but they are ACC talent players who don't have any real accolades to rest their laurels on.

Not sure I understand the sentiment that we will have a letdown at UNC this year if we're coming off of a victory. Really, this team is a blank slate when it comes to the normal expectations about an FSU team. The way that this team uses a rotation that can at times go 11 and 12 players deep makes it difficult to have a team that is stagnant or underperforming. They are not elite player top to bottom, but they are ACC talent players who don't have any real accolades to rest their laurels on.

It's been a common theme over the years for a lot of teams to lay an egg in their next game after playing Duke. Being that your next game is against UNC, I sort of tend to agree with you that it's less likely this time around, but we'll see.

It's going to come down to 3 pt shooting and rebounds. I think we shoot good tonight and we see the light bulb go on for Bolden.

Duke 86
Noles 82

It's been a common theme over the years for a lot of teams to lay an egg in their next game after playing Duke. Being that your next game is against UNC, I sort of tend to agree with you that it's less likely this time around, but we'll see.
Fair enough, but these guys are really locked in right now. I actually like the fact that we play you guys back to back because there shouldn't be any defensive lapses. We might be sloppier on offense than usual, but I expect these guys to be amped to clamp down on defense

I think Duke uses more bigs then normal. I believe we see Jeter and Giles start with Bolden, Javin and Big V coming off the bench.
Bolden or Jeter starting for Amile is fine with me but Duke will need some scoring from their bigs and defensive stops to pull out the win.
Tatum, Luke and Jackson go off tonight. Grayson has double assist and we rebound great

If we play the same lazy defense we played against BC, we're gonna get blown out. There's absolutely no excuse for some of the blown assignments and layup watching drills our veteran guys allowed against BC in OUR HOUSE. I'll look past it for that game with Capel filling in for K, but if we see a similar defensive performance tonight, I'm gonna start really worrying about the rest of this season. I'm seeing some really uninspired basketball from our guys right now. ** Looking right at you Marques. Mr. Sleepwalker... Looking right at you on defense Luke... Looking right at you Matt. Watching guys hitting layups right in front of you and can't even raise your arms... Let's get this together fellas!

I think Duke uses more bigs then normal. I believe we see Jeter and Giles start with Bolden, Javin and Big V coming off the bench.
Bolden or Jeter starting for Amile is fine with me but Duke will need some scoring from their bigs and defensive stops to pull out the win.
Tatum, Luke and Jackson go off tonight. Grayson has double assist and we rebound great

I highly doubt we run that amount of bigs unless fouls pile up....and I bet Jayson is at he 4 to start with Matt Jones coming in at the 2/3.....

Big V ain't coming off the bench except to give high fives.

I highly doubt we run that amount of bigs unless fouls pile up....and I bet Jayson is at he 4 to start with Matt Jones coming in at the 2/3.....
Florida state is big and physical down low as normal. They have some rim protectors down low as well.
They are long and athletic a small line up isn't gonna work against them and Jason going to the four isn't the answer on this one but I'm not the coach.
Duke goes small then Florida state has the right to blow us out because Duke isn't shooting well from three on the road and Dukes other three bigs are just as capable as Bolden at this point, imo. Of manning the center or fifth spot on the floor.

Big V ain't coming off the bench except to give high fives.
Imo I think he gets one or two minutes and I do see the fouls piling up quickly because Florida State will do just like other teams have against us and attack the rim.
Hamilton knows We have nothing but fresh of injuries freshman to start meaning Giles and Bolden and Dukes bench is limited with Jeter and Javin coming off and no Amile.
I see a game plan when they are on offense going straight at Giles and testing those knees on defense same with Bolden and the foot. The smaller Duke has to go the better Florida States chances. Imo

Cory Alexander is the ANALyst for the game.

Giles,Bolden and Jeter it's TIME TO STEP UP GUYS.....fight for Amile tonight guys and I think we come out of Tallahassee with a huge win tonight

Relax SWFnoles...You seem too uptight about the win one lose the next idea. Throughout recent history it does seem to hold some weight as a lot of teams get up for Duke. Even if it is statistically false, which I have no idea either way, it make us Duke fans feel better to believe it's true. Especially in conference games...Kinda like it evens things out or something. So do us a favor and IF you win tonight...Make sure you also beat the Heels.

I think Duke struggles to keep it close and gets down by double digits in the second half, but they find a way to make a run late and give themselves a chance to steal the game in the last minute. Grayson comes up big, Tatum hits a key shot, and we slip away with a 2 point win.

Duke 84
FSU 82

Go Duke!

Alan

I hate this game. In Tallahassee, No Coach K, No Amile and lots of physical play with a good chance of Grayson's leg flying around. Nervous is an understatement. FSU by 14.

Your a hell of a poster, From what I see he'll of a good man, he'll of a Duke fan, etc etc.....

But that Grayson comment was ishh

This seasons downs seem to have worn on your usually high moral. Cmon Show, Don't let the haters convince you it's as bad as they want it to be!!!

My father walked into my office today. He handed me a plastic bag. On top were some Duke and Cornell license plate surrounds. Underneath I noticed a t-shirt that I left at my parents' house when I moved out. It turned out to be my Final Four shirt from 2001. I thought I had lost it. It was pretty cool because I got it that year. I was a junior and we won a NC.

Hopefully this is a good omen. :)

with giles and especially bolden getting more minutes, but not quite game shape ready yet i think their d could be a problem, which could lead to lots of fouls for those guys. going to need jeter to play tough and give good solid minutes if those guys get in early foul trouble. foul trouble is what scares me the most for this game.

Your a hell of a poster, From what I see he'll of a good man, he'll of a Duke fan, etc etc.....

But that Grayson comment was ishh

This seasons downs seem to have worn on your usually high moral. Cmon Show, Don't let the haters convince you it's as bad as they want it to be!!!

We'll discuss this in another thread sometime.

Any of you have the Amazon FireStick ? You can stream ACC Network on it nicely.

Reactions: vcugreg
This is definitely a prove-me-wrong game. I will be shocked if we win this given what I've seen from this team this year and the circumstances we're dealing with right now.

I would love to see FSU and Baylor play. Baylor is a long, tall, and very athletic team

First four minutes observations....

-already four fouls...don't like that
-feel like we dodged a potential early hole with a few stops
-Chase has to do something if he's in there....those rebounds have to be his

Reactions: DukeCE2006
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT