ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS COPPIN STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
As good as it feels to be creating a gameday thread finally, it comes with a hint of trepidation.

I think it’s safe to say we are all ready to get back to some level of normalcy and Duke basketball is a huge part of that for many of us.

Obviously on paper, Coppin State shouldn’t present much challenge. And honestly, in a lot of ways, the game is secondary to the bigger picture - the beginning of the season. A season we all hope runs the duration, while at the same time being astutely aware the next practice, the next game, isn’t guaranteed

Because of this, it only feels right to wish everyone involved, throughout the college basketball landscape, throughout all of sports, remain healthy and able to compete at the highest level without breaks and pauses, until we can ALL return to normal.

With that, let’s roll. Today’s game is slated for a 2pm est tip and will air on the ACC Network. At last glance, the Blue Devils were favored by a whopping -36.5 points. That’s a ton, but several of the big spreads I’ve watched since Wednesday have covered. So personally, I like it.

Duke - 93

Coppin State - 52

GO DUKE!!!!!!!

Last edited:
You would think after a year like this, it would be the opposite. But I have been the least enthusiastic about this season than any other season in the 30 some years of being a Duke fan. Hopefully some floor action gets me back in line.

Let's go Duke!!!

It’s been a longgggg time and so glad to see these threads back! Interested to see the rotation today for the first game.

Duke - 88
Coppin St - 65

Reactions: christophero
I just hope they play. We could struggle. Virginia and UCLA have already gone down to teams they should have beat. Duke by 15.

Reactions: Mac9192
I think I remember the answer to this, but just to be sure: I know the game is streaming on accnx, which I have access to. I won't be here at 2 though. How quickly after the conclusion of the game is it available to stream at your leisure?

I think I remember the answer to this, but just to be sure: I know the game is streaming on accnx, which I have access to. I won't be here at 2 though. How quickly after the conclusion of the game is it available to stream at your leisure?
On WatchESPN, it is usually available to stream as soon as it ends.

Reactions: bfort2223
Devils by 40, and this game is STREAMED ONLY to my knowledge K-ville....

OFC

Finally! Feels good to have Duke basketball especially after how awful our football team has been! Duke should win this one pretty easily!

Duke: 87
Coppin State: 53

Let’s go Duke!!

I’m trying everything possible and can’t get ACCNX! How do you guys have it? I’m willing to pay and still can’t figure it out.

I’m trying everything possible and can’t get ACCNX! How do you guys have it? I’m willing to pay and still can’t figure it out.
It’s through the espn app and it ties to your cable provider. You can sign into your cable provide / satellite and you can now stream it.

This is the first time I truly feel like we are playing position-less basketball 100%.. not saying it’s a bad thing at all.

I realize this is far from top flight competition, but Jalen Johnson had an incredibly impressive first half debut.

JJ is a beast. We haven’t even seen his passing ability yet.

Hurt looks good too. I feel like he can benefit most without the crowd. Allows him to just be more methodical out there...he can just play loose out there

and DJ...telling you he is such a big pickup for us this year

Looks like K has no intent on running a true BIG today.. have a feeling we are going to see Hurt playing the “5” a lot this year.

Hurt looks good too. I feel like he can benefit most without the crowd. Allows him to just be more methodical out there...he can just play loose out there
Very good point.

He needs to work on moving the ball a little better, but he definitely looks more comfortable

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT