ADVERTISEMENT

Quinn's defense is on another level!

dadecodevil

Cameron Crazy
Aug 4, 2009
Quinn locked Grant up a couple of games ago, tonight he took Paige completely out of the game. Not bad for a guy that was giving up big buckets earlier in the year! Great effort!

Great job by Quinn, and don't forget the fact that he scored 22 points on top of that!! Usually, when you concentrate on defense like he had to, your offensive game suffers. He was locked in tonight.
Go Duke!!!

JC-OFC

He did an absolutely terrific job on Paige.

To be fair to Paige though, it was a close game throughout so he didn't have his usual garbage time to pad his stats.

Props to Quinn are well-deserved. Also, it was a very classy move to call Tyus Jones the best PG in the country when they were on Sportscenter. Especially since I bet he still considers himself a point guard.

Is Quinn a first team All ACC right now?

Quinn has to be first team All Acc. He is killing it on both ends right now. I love that he is getting buckets going to the hole.

Good thread. Cook's defense on Paige last night was big. OFC

Quinn will be 2nd team All ACC.

First team has been settled for weeks in my opinion with Anderson, Okafor, Christmas, Grant, and Harrell.

Quinn was spectacular last night. The one thing he was spectacular at that doesnt show up on the stat sheet is how cool he was the entire game. I think the rest of the guys fed off of that. You can't say enough about Quinn this year, he's been nothing short of exceptional.

Im curious what Cook and Roy was chuckling and chatting about when Meeks threw that ball out of bounds late?

Originally posted by BuckinElkin!!:

Im curious what Cook and Roy was chuckling and chatting about when Meeks threw that ball out of bounds late?
Roy told Quinn that they threw the ball away because his players were up late studying for an exam, and Cook just started laughing.

For Roy to interact with out players at that point was cool. I like Roy.

Originally posted by timo0402:
Quinn was spectacular last night. The one thing he was spectacular at that doesnt show up on the stat sheet is how cool he was the entire game. I think the rest of the guys fed off of that. You can't say enough about Quinn this year, he's been nothing short of exceptional.
We've watched a lot of players have great senior years at Duke and Quinn is adding to the list. He's been remarkable. Three months ago people were worried he'd pout and be detrimental. I wasn't one of those, but I certainly had my doubts because, let's face it, Quinn was very up and down his first three years mentally and emotionally. But, like you said, he's been absolutely exceptional all year.

Originally posted by dukiejay:

Originally posted by timo0402:
We've watched a lot of players have great senior years at Duke and Quinn is adding to the list. He's been remarkable. Three months ago people were worried he'd pout and be detrimental. I wasn't one of those, but I certainly had my doubts because, let's face it, Quinn was very up and down his first three years mentally and emotionally. But, like you said, he's been absolutely exceptional all year.
Well said.

While we're talking about Quinn, I just want to say that he is the reason I love players that stay 4 years. I totally get a player leaving for the NBA early and don't blame them for their decision. But seeing a player like Quinn Cook grow into the player he has become these past four years is one of the reasons I'm a college basketball fan. His growth has been similar to Nolan Smith, imo.

Originally posted by Mpm277:
While we're talking about Quinn, I just want to say that he is the reason I love players that stay 4 years. I totally get a player leaving for the NBA early and don't blame them for their decision. But seeing a player like Quinn Cook grow into the player he has become these past four years is one of the reasons I'm a college basketball fan. His growth has been similar to Nolan Smith, imo.
^This. I miss the days when we had recruiting classes come in and stay for 3 or 4 years. Watching kids grow and mature is what makes the game so special. Having said that, we have some special freshman this year. These are kids that are playing at times like sophomores and juniors. And they are for the most part consistent. Even still, I just miss seeing these kids grow up for 4 years. Quinn has become a special player and leader. I am going to be an emotionally wreck when its over for him.

I can't believe Cook was a freshman when Rivers' shot beat UNC. Seems like yesterday and now he's a senior.

Originally posted by Mpm277:
I'm with you Mpm, I really long for the return to those days when players stayed for 4 years. Yes, I know those days are gone, but like you said, watching a player grow into the Duke system is priceless!
I hope Quinn gets some of the love he deserves before this season is over, because he is doing everything ask of him. I hope everyone remembers him as I do, a true Blue Devil.
Wow, he only has 3 more games in Cameron! Hope we have long Tourney runs!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

I agree about the guys who stick around. My favorite players at Duke all stayed at least three years.

In a perfect world we let kids go to the NBA straight out of high school, but if they come to college it's a minimum two-year commitment.

As this thread has morphed into a thread about of three and four year guys, its nice to see the development of Amile, and I think Grayson and Matt will make huge strides in the years to come. That being said, Quinn's growth has been great to see.

I am personally stunned by how well Quinn has defended Grant / Paige at home. Those were both incredible performances. Now, frankly, Quinn hasn't even shown that level of defensive ability consistently this season -- Mike G. pretty much got anything he wanted against Quinn this weekend and other guards like Lacy, Angel Rodriguez, and Grant (@ND) have also had big games as well. But, if Quinn can summon this kind of performance in the NCAAs, that makes us a significantly more dangerous team next month. Paige may not be 100%, but he's certainly still very good. He basically didn't get anything when Quinn was on him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT