ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs Baylor

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
📍 Madison Square Garden
🕰️ 7:00
📺 ESPN

Duke comes in off another mini break to play Baylor a team that was just trounced by our buddy MSU.. I’d be lying if I didn’t say this one has lost some of its luster after Baylor took that big time L. Still a great opportunity for us to get a W against a top ten team though!

Baylor comes in with only the one L on the season, they don’t seem to have played the toughest of schedules but with Scott Drew one of the best in the game at this point we know to expect an athletic team that’ll give us 40 min

I expect a W tonight.. something just “feels” right about it

Duke- 90
Baylor-75

I have mixed feelings about this game. They are basically playing a home game at MSG but Duke can't get too comfortable. They have to come out strong and dominant. Communication is key. The games they lost they lacked communication until it was too late. Duke wins but it will be close.

Duke - 72
Baylor - 67

MSG is good to Duke so I am cautiously optimistic for tonight! Doee anyone know if Proctor will go? He's key against their guards.

I think we will take this one by 6 or so.

I’m interested to see if McCain has his shot dropping for the third straight game.

If he does that obviously only makes us better.

Reactions: Liftee
Gotta get out on the Baylor shooters! They are the best 3 pt. shooting team in the country I think.

I won a relatively large bet with one of my Duke buds that y'all would be favored. He said no way, but I just had a feeling. I think you would have been favored even if Baylor had not lost to MSU. As for the game, not sure which Baylor is going to show up, way too unpredictable to wager on this game. It should be very entertaining, but I wouldn't touch it if I were a big gambler.

Reactions: Mac9192
No Proctor tonight .

Duke by three and the offense continues to evolve and defense starts strong

Reactions: bullcity gamer
I think we will see him mid jan, I guess it’s possible we get him back for Cuse but I’m not holding my breath.
Wow! I know high ankles are tricky but 6 total weeks is disappointing. I was hoping he would be a full go for Cuse. Ugh.

I will predict a close win; but if we defend the 3 like we did in the first half against Hofstra we will be down 20. But I think we win. We certainly will need it come selection Sunday. We do play well at the Garden but I am a little surprised we are favored by 2. Probably due to Baylor's last game.
Time to turn this season around.

Last edited:
I’ll be in attendance. Don’t want to jinx us but I have seen Duke live at the garden 4 times and we won all four. I think tonight is a monumental challenge. We can win but I think we need to shoot the three well and need to defend the three well on the other end. Mitchell doesn’t need to score 20 but he better own the boards on D and pick up a handful of offensive boards too. I’m still saying Roach goes off tonight.

I’m better my $28 beer that it’s a Duke win.

Duke 82
Baylor 76

28 dollars only gets me a six pack and a couple singles depending where I’m at lol.

Sorry Chris , can’t handle coor’s

Reactions: christophero
Did bilas just highlight a missed call for flip?!?!

Wow how long has it been since he’s done that?

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Like what I see but I worry about us wearing down. We need to use the bench. Power seems to have gone ahead of Stewart in the rotation

Last edited:
Reactions: sheyduke
This is as good as we have played all season and we are only up a point and it’s all evaporating.

I don’t get it . Flip should go hard there take the foul. But I’m lost because the big for Baylor was literally in Flips chest and nothing gets said Mitchell yells and gets a tech .
The ball movement has gone stagnant.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I don’t get it . Flip should go hard there take the foul. But I’m lost because the big for Baylor was literally in Flips chest and nothing gets said Mitchell yells and gets a tech .
The ball movement has gone stagnant.
Mitchell didn’t yell and get a tech

He extended his arm fully and pointed. Big difference

But yeah some of these last few calls have easily favored Baylor

If Flip leaves to defend the shot someone needs to rotate and rebound at the rim..too easy for Baylor off the misses in the paint

Need to go under the screen so the guard doesn’t get beat. Then Flip won’t have to help and they won’t get all the putbacks.

All things said I think Baylor settled in and we could easily lose by double digits.

We played a better than we did the entire year.

Good half overall and loved the way they came out. Zero bench points hurts us as it looks like even when Proctor gets back its going to be a 7 maybe 8 man rotation.

Also if we are going to ask Flip to play center and get banged around….we have to find ways to get him a breather. Dude is totally gassed and all we have is Ryan Young to sub.

Hes going to wear down….

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT