ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs Baylor

A good first half. Now let’s see how they do the next 20. I know Mitchell is valuable on defense, but his offense is terrible, and he has stone hands.

When Young gives Flip a break, we are playing 3 on 5.

Also if we are going to ask Flip to play center and get banged around….we have to find ways to get him a breather. Dude is totally gassed and all we have is Ryan Young to sub.

Hes going to wear down….
This is by far our biggest concern. Flip isn't a center and takes all the abuse while expected to be a 20 and 10 guy each night, which he basically is. Young just won't cut it.

Reactions: christophero
I thought the bench rotation outside of Blakes and Powers did as expected. Powers altered a shot and Blakes drove hard .
My only issue is who helps Flip get rest ? Young, this isn’t his game and a guard beside Flip when in the lane with Missi isn’t working .

Also if we are going to ask Flip to play center and get banged around….we have to find ways to get him a breather. Dude is totally gassed and all we have is Ryan Young to sub.

Hes going to wear down….
Yup

I think we will see the offense work through Flip in the low post this half and more open 3’s.

Mitchell didn’t yell and get a tech

He extended his arm fully and pointed. Big difference

But yeah some of these last few calls have easily favored Baylor
Mitchell got the tech for taunting not contact .
Isn’t yelling and being in Flips chest the same ?

The high ball screen is basically an Alleyoop for them off the backboard every time.

Trying to do to much through Flip. Let our guards do what they were doing.

Hes missed at basket, missed a three and turned it over. Trying to do to much….

This is a guard game for us…if we are going to win it will be because of them. Flip can get his off their creation….

Have they hit a three off every inbound play this game? Sure seems like it.

I felt like we would lose by double digits at the half…we on our way now…

Every time Young comes in we get cooked…

Mitchell got the tech for taunting not contact .
Isn’t yelling and being in Flips chest the same ?
I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Never said anything about contact

Poor offense rears its ugly head again, what happened to the game plan of the first ten minutes? Back to yolo ball

I hope I understand one point Jon is making. He's pushing Flip to get tougher. The other reality is determining if the talent is what it says it is...

Reactions: Mac9192
What sucks is I don’t think we can play any better…so we are what we are…Flip can’t play center and we can’t ever let him breath…

• Haha
Reactions: pisgah101
We can play better. We don't have our starting point guard. So we can obviously play better.

This team is exactly like last years team pre Lively. Except we have no Lively

I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Never said anything about contact

Poor offense rears its ugly head again, what happened to the game plan of the first ten minutes? Back to yolo ball
You said Mitchell extended his arm and pointed . Is yelling in someone’s faces and bumping his chest not the same ?

the look in to the baylor huddle is great...good coaching..would love to hear what JS says in our huddles

Flip has picked up a couple of iffy fouls...now has to sit. I hate fouls where the contact is all from the offensive player

I can’t believe we just did that with Young and Mitchell on the floor!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT