ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs Baylor

Ryan Young is a disaster
This didn’t age well. I realize you aren’t the only one who thinks this though, and many of you are eating crow.
Roach was a stud, and McCain and Foster were solid. Flip was good, but forced too much.

Young is our best option to spell Flip. I wish Stewart was better, but Jon doesn’t trust him. Again, Young isn’t a threat to score, but he’s smart and won’t force too many shots. He knows his role and that’s why he will play a little.

And we don’t win this game without Young.

Yep. The announcers said the same thing about 3 on 5. I’d be lying though if I said I wasn’t surprised. Flip goes out with 4 fouls with 7 to go and in comes Young. It didn’t look good. Maybe he focused more knowing he was needed.

But he’s the only option Jon trusts.
I do agree that he's the big Jon trusts the most. Can't argue there. Still holding out hope that is Stewart come February.

I do agree that he's the big Jon trusts the most. Can't argue there. Still holding out hope that is Stewart come February.
Anything can happen, and I think we’d all love to see Stewart or even Power to be able to help more, but I just don’t see it happening.

I think our best hope is for Mitchell to become a little better on offense, because right now if Young spells Flip, we really are playing 3 on 5.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Ryan Young is like the loyal dog you abandon and leave at the pound, then he escapes, runs home and saves your *** one day.
This team really grew up, jelled and played tough today. Nice game by Roach. McCain is quietly becoming a stud, which is a major development.

Last edited:
Ryan Young is like the loyal dog you abandon and leave at the pound, then he escapes, runs home and saves your *** one day.
This team really grew up, jelled and played tough today. Nice game by Roach. Mccain is quietly becoming a stud, which is a major development.
Jesus, Chris, are your dogs okay? Haha

Duke was in a Must Win Situation in tonight’s game and they Delivered! I said when the schedule was released back in September, if Duke finished no worst than 2-2 to the likes of Arizona, Michigan State, Arkansas, and Baylor, I would be content with that record, the guys did just that.

The Blue Devils are growing up, they played their most complete game tonight in this early part of the season and got The Must Win against Baylor. McCain and Foster played like Composed Veterans tonight, as opposed to the freshmen that they are.

Queens and then Onto The ACC Conference Season

Let’s Go Duke 😈

This team really grew up, jelled and played tough today. Nice game by Roach. McCain is quietly becoming a stud, which is a major development.
Both of the freshman guards have really grown the last few games which gives us incredible depth once Proctor comes back. J Roach, Proctor, McCain and Foster is damn good guard rotation

I thought when we were down 8 or so the season was slipping away from us. But we battled back, which is what good teams do. I love that Roach and Young, our 2 vets, were huge in crunch time. That is leadership.

Last edited:
Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I hear ya brother. I had a chow mixed with a collie named Sampson for 16 years, dude. Loyal, odd, calm, and sweet. Now I have two: a double doodle, Bowie, and a Shih Tzu Bichon mix, Freddie.

Fred is my shadow, and I travel for business. My ladyfriend has told me that he rolls up in my blanket, or she has to let him sleep on one of my shirts so he won't whine at night, missing me. I love that dog more than most people.

Reactions: christophero
So, I'm not sure how much the stats do it justice, but Jeremy Roach won this game for us, and was an absolute dog out there. All the guards played well tonight, and that was the key.

Okay, so I, like everyone else, thought this game was not one for Ryan Young. But that kid proved me way wrong tonight. Defensively, he sagged off and that slowed down their pick/roll/penetration/switching game. It helped a ton and slowed them down. He then proceeded to be a part of three beautiful offensive possessions (maybe 3 in a row), including the biggest one of the game where he ended up passing to McCain for that three. Just freaking huge. Ryan Young. Blew my mind, but I love it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT