ADVERTISEMENT

Pray for Tre...

Given the amount of money these kids stand to make and the way Coach protects them I wouldn’t expect Tre back this season. If he comes back great, if not, I’m planning on just not having him back. Can’t make up the type of injury luck this team has to key players. It may sound greedy coming from the school that has 5 other 5 stars to replace him but we don’t cut down the nets without him, plain and simple. God I’m pissed.

Given the amount of money these kids stand to make and the way Coach protects them I wouldn’t expect Tre back this season. If he comes back great, if not, I’m planning on just not having him back. Can’t make up the type of injury luck this team has to key players. It may sound greedy coming from the school that has 5 other 5 stars to replace him but we don’t cut down the nets without him, plain and simple. God I’m pissed.

Lol

This sounds like a RumpRafters response. Kyrie and Giles both played when it would've been just as easy to shut it down. Coach K won't endanger his future, but he's not going to hold out a healthy Tre Jones either. If he's 80% but with no risk of reinjuring himself, he'll be back out there.

Part of me is beyond depressed because it’s another year, another Duke injury.

However the rest of me believes that he’ll be back. If he’s healthy I believe he comes back. I don’t believe he sits out so as to not jeopardize his draft stock or anything of the kind. This group wants to be special. With that being said I’ve seen a range anywhere from 1-8 weeks depending on the grade of sprain. Without all the other Duke injuries that have just lingered on, judging this on its own accord, I believe he will be back.

I'm trying to be optimistic, but I do worry we may never see Tre play for Duke again. If he's out 8 weeks, that's mid March, would be the week of the ACC tournament.
This is the hard part no one wants to hear....Tre has shown enough to warrant a 1st round selection in the NBA draft. I am not sure it would be in Tre's best professional interest to come back and look rusty.
K's job is to win a national championship, but his job is also to prepare our guys to maximize their potential at the next level. I really hope it doesn't come down to this, but I could see it happening.

Tre does love Duke, seems to love everything about it, so that helps his chances of returning I suppose...

Reactions: dbav
Losing Tre for however long is like losing the keys to the lamborghini. Duke was becoming an unstoppable machine.. now this Duke team will look different from here on as roles will be changed up and others will step up. Here's to hoping its not as bad as our minds let us think and that Tre can get back in time for Duke to gel again. Prayers sent out to you Tre!

Hearing some positive news...1-3 weeks!!

This would be in line with a Grade 1 sprain and would be great news. Grade 2 probably keeps him out until March. Grade 3, he probably doesn't play again this season.

The fact that Tre isn't a shooter probably help the recovery timeline. Or at least from a rust perspective it should be easier for him and team to gel again since he's not a scorer.

Luke Kennard missed 5 weeks with a “sprain” not a separation for what that’s worth...:(

This would be in line with a Grade 1 sprain and would be great news. Grade 2 probably keeps him out until March. Grade 3, he probably doesn't play again this season.
Out of my area but if it's a grade 3, he may need to have surgery (pinning). As I remember, pinning will speed up the recover and stabilize the AC joint especially for a major athlete. We'll see.

Thought grade 3 was indeed a separation? That’s what he has. So he’s done for the season?

Last edited:
Thought grade 3 was indeed a separation? That’s what he has. So he’s done for the season?

Not a doctor, but just from reading up on sports injuries, grades 1-3 are all technically classified as separations. Grade 3 has a full tear of multiple ligaments. Sounds like K already ruled that out. Grade 1 recovery time is usually 2 weeks, grade 2 is usually 6 weeks.

As far as surgery, I can't see any way he would come back this season from shoulder surgery. Most places seem to put recovery at a minimum of 12 weeks in that case.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
Out of my area but if it's a grade 3, he may need to have surgery (pinning). As I remember, pinning will speed up the recover and stabilize the AC joint especially for a major athlete. We'll see.

Yes they would anchor any tears that won’t heal on their own, as well as do a debridement of frayed tissue, and remove any bone spurs as well. If surgery happens, he’s done for season, but I’d be shocked if he needs surgery based on what I saw (unless there was an underlying injury we/or even they didn’t know about).

I’ll wait to see what Gary7 says. He knows all.

Reactions: skysdad
Yes they would anchor any tears that won’t heal on their own, as well as do a debridement of frayed tissue, and remove any bone spurs as well. If surgery happens, he’s done for season, but I’d be shocked if he needs surgery based on what I saw (unless there was an underlying injury we/or even they didn’t know about).

I'm sure he thinks he does. Probably already contacted his source. OFC

Someone on Twitter that was outside Cameron Indoor today said he saw Tre walking in with his arm in a sling. No surprise there obviously. But he did say he had a smile on his face.

I was surprised that was the diagnosis considering the mechanism of injury. Usually AC separation occur with a fall on the outside point of the shoulder. He was hit from behind.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
Their are 3 major grades to a AC sprain which is separation of shoulder to collarbone. My wife works in a doctor office and told me this morning about the injury. She said if Duke, which Coach K said their is nothing broken or torn then she said likely rules out a Grade 2 or 3 has both of those are torn ligaments of some kind. Then likely its a Grade 1 and that's usually 2-3 weeks and its fully healed and that he could even play this Saturday if the pain allows that most athletes play still with Grade 1 and just give it time to heal and be back 100 percent in 2-3 weeks. She also mentioned that treatment is basically put in a sling and continue on normal activities with icing and rehab for 2-3 week. So if the guy who mentioned 1-3 weeks and if he was indeed seen walking around campus in sling could be a good thing.

Will we be able to find out or anyone from insiders can post what sprain it is or what they are hearing. I would hope that no one gets mad over telling us paid information about an injury

Will we be able to find out or anyone from insiders can post what sprain it is or what they are hearing. I would hope that no one gets mad over telling us paid information about an injury
There is no such thing as inside information on injuries at Duke. You are more likely to obtain Krzyzewski's social security number.

So I quess we will get an update Saturday during the game. I would think Tre would be on the bench for that game and if he is up jumping and nothing in a sling would hope to be positive. Has duke every mentioned indefinite and then it be only a game or two?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT