ADVERTISEMENT

Pray for Tre...

I'm guessing a sprain or contusion of some sort. probably out a couple of weeks. the frustrating part will be how duke handles it and no information that comes out. time for other players to step up.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I'm guessing a sprain or contusion of some sort. probably out a couple of weeks. the frustrating part will be how duke handles it and no information that comes out. time for other players to step up.
It could be a lot worse. I just hope he can make a full recovery and come back to lead this team to #6.

ANOTHER injury thread for a key player.......how many years in a row is this???

HzOaGQW.jpg

Looks like three to four weeks if type 2 sprain and 6-8 weeks if type 3.....

I’m not a doctor but I did use google...lol

Reactions: youngman42
AC joint seperation

In general, most AC injuries don't require surgery. There are certain situations, however, in which surgery may be necessary. Most patients recover with full function of the shoulder. The period of disability and discomfort ranges from a few days to 12 weeks depending on the severity of the separation. Disruption of the AC joint results in pain and instability in the entire shoulder and arm. The pain is most severe when the patient attempts overhead movements or tries to sleep on the affected side.

https://www.thesteadmanclinic.com/patient-education/shoulder/ac-separation

I read that if its a grade 1 sprain recovery time is 1-3 weeks and grade two is 3-8 weeks. So if K said he isn't out for the season then that means its got to be grade 1 or 2. Has anyone read which it is?

Because if its a Grade 1 Sprain then he could be back in week or two. It did say some heal within a few days. And K said nothing was broken I wonder if that meant torn as well? If that's the case then it likely could be Grade 1 from what I have read

It’s an AC joint separation. I read Luke Kennard had a AC sprain and was out 5 weeks.

This isn’t good

but depends on the grade level jones has. If its a grade 1 he could be back in 2 weeks. Either way I see it we came out good and that he will be 100 percent by time acc tournament comes around. If we can manage 6-7 loses I think we should still be a high 2 or even a 1 with our schedule

I’m all for your thinking but I just can’t buy it as much I’d like to.

It seems like the season is very possible and 8 weeks is likely. Praying like hell im wrong

4 steals in like 6 minutes of play tonight. We saw what happened to our defense the moment he had to leave the game. HUGE loss. Prayers up for the kid. I expect Cam to take on more of a playmaker role while he’s out.

Reactions: BOOGIEMAN1914
Sorry to keep posted, for what its worth. My neighbor is a retired doctor so I sent him a text. He responded saying Duke website said it was a sprain and Coach K said the same during press conference and that nothing was torn. He said with a Grade 2 involve a complete tear of the AC ligaments and a sprain or partial tear of the coracoclavicular (CC) ligaments and sounds like nothing was torn so he isn't that or a grade 3. So he seems to think based on what they are saying is likely a grade 1. He has seen people go back to normal activities in a week and some 2-3. He said worst 3 weeks just because they will be safe about it.

Will their be a MRI or announcement or any insiders can at least tell us what grade sprain it is.
K and Duke are historically very hush hush about injuries. We’ll probably get the standard response of “there is no timetable for his return.” Some info will leak and we’ll over analyze the hell out of it.

Reactions: youngman42
If there was a tear of any kind don't you think they would have said a tear besides just a AC separation. If there isn't a tear then its just a grade 1 because grade 2 have some sort of tears

I think this will help us in the long run. If it’s not too serious. I shouldn’t have to explain why. Short term sucks a golf ball through a water hose!!!!!! *=+^*%%...I mean I’m in rough shape waking up and the first thing on my mind is this all throughout the night. What really pisses me off is the minority of college basketball grinning from ear to ear bet on it!

I just read where K said Tre will be “out for a while”. FWIW

Hell I shouldn’t say minority when talking about Duke. The Majority might not wish an injury upon a player but they’re smirking!

I did this with both shoulders at separate times playing football. My right shoulder took three weeks to get back on the field and a couple of months to get back to 100%. My left shoulder returned much quicker. Docs said it was because I am right handed and used that arm more, slowing the recovery.
Prayers that he is healed and healthy soon!

Daniel jones actually broke his collarbone and was back 2 weeks later. Like the above mentioned no one is saying a tear. So i think they will keep him out sometime to be safe about it

Makes me want to cuss. What an absolute bummer for him and the team. Stating the obvious that he's the glue of the team. We can only hope pray he'll be back in a few weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT