ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- duke at VT

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
After Saturdays game I’m looking forward to this one plus I like quick turnarounds! Todays game is scheduled for a 7pm tip on espn. VT at home is currently favored by 2.5 points.

We have appeared to be playing better basketball over the last two games, even the Clemson game in a L we looked like we had improved. Tonight gives us a chance to see if that can continue in another hostile environment. VT is 11-8 and currently on a very bad 7 game losing streak. Im sure they want to put a stop to the bleeding asap. They are coached by Mike Young in his 4th season. He has made the ncaa tourney 7 of the last 12 years, quite a feat for a coach that spent 8 of those years in a one bid league with wofford in the socon!

I think duke actually handles business today.

Duke-72

VT-68

On my betting site, Duke opened as a one point underdog and the line has moved to Duke being a 2.5 point underdog. Against a team that has lost 7 in a row? Yikes. I wonder when we were last an underdog against a team that was in the midst of a seven game losing streak.

But VaTech has played pretty well in those seven games. The first four games were all either OT losses or <5 point losses. They just lost to #19 Clemson, at Clemson, by just one point, whereas one week ago we lost by 8 at Clemson.

After the Miami game I have so little faith that we can close games out down the stretch. I don't believe we have any idea who to go to to get us a basket. In the last ten min of that game we scored 9 points. We were 2-14 down the stretch with two turnovers.

I think Dariq is our best basket getter and he wasn't even on the floor down the stretch. We are kind of a mess. That said...

Duke 70
VaTech 65

Duke by two .

Team has yet to show they can win on the road . Lively continues to grow .

We will win unless both VT guards hit everything they throw up.

I have to respectfully disagree that Dariq is our best basket getter. There’s three or four better basket getters to be honest.

Hopefully we continue the good defense and limit turnovers.

VT is a decent team, they just haven't been able to close out games. Duke has shown similar characteristics, we have just found a way to hang on and win a few. It'll be a packed house and loud with Duke in town. A dominant road win in that environment would go a long way to build our confidence. Rebound at both ends and take care of the ball, and we win.

Duke 74
VT 64

Home court in college is a huge huge advantage and even though we won Saturday we didn't execute well down the stretch. We can get away with it at home but definitely not on the road.

Duke 65
VT 72

Reactions: hart2chesson
VT wins by 20 and we all say how good the ACC is this year.
Kidding. Duke by 12. We are due.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
They're on a 7 game losing streak? Wow. That, and the fact Duke is in town tonight, sure gives them a chance to right some wrongs. If our boys aren't ready, we could get run out of their building, which has not been friendly to Duke over the years.

All my predictions crash and burn so let me try this one..

Prediction: Duke and VT play a basketball game, for 2 halves, each 20 minutes long. Whoever ends up scoring more points wins the game.

I truly believe this game will dictate the rest of the season. Win and things are looking up. Lose and it will feel like we may never right the ship.

Duke 70
VT 67

If we lose today we should just forfeit the rest of our road games ha. I think we get it done though.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
They are always hanging from the rafters when we come to town. Seven losses in a row, and we're underdogs. Knee-jerk is to take Duke and the points. Virginia Tech once again beats us despite their losing streak, and covers the spread. 70-66.....

OFC

I see Va Tech coming out hot and shooting 65% from the floor. In the end I think Duke wins but it will be close

Duke - 71
Va Tech - 68

What was up with VT fans singing at the beginning of the game and it being talked about as one of the best ever college basketball openings? I’ve NEVER heard them do that, have I just been tuning them out?

God awful turnovers cause us to lose the lead instead of piling it on early

Pedulla totally flopped on that drive, how is it a foul? Smh

Can I change my seed prediction? Okay now we're back in it. Nothing ever easy with this team. Ugh down by 9 again.

The win Saturday means Jack if we lose tonight…

Why do we keep switching everything and leaving our guards on a big? How about fight through screens and guard your F-n man!

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Contour is hitting now . Got to stop him. Don’t know about these lineups at all!

Contour is hitting now . Got to stop him. Don’t know about these lineups at all!
Lineups have made zero sense all year. Like leaving Lively on the bench at the end of last game at the free throw line with the game in our hands…

How many games does Cotour light us up until we guard him?

Reactions: sheyduke
This game is over. This team just doesn’t have it, guys. I’ll keep watching and rooting, but it’s not in the cards this year.

I don’t know really what to say…in my lifetime Duke has never looked this bad repeatedly…I mean we are down double digits almost every other game….it’s becoming infuriating because this just isn’t Duke….I’m embarrassed…

Reactions: pisgah101
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT