ADVERTISEMENT

NBA playoffs

I can tell you guy's it's not just Toronto,the whole country is on boad with this team,it's all anyone is talking about.

That's pretty cool. I'd say a lot of people in the U.S. are on board with them, too. And I want to preface that I don't really dislike the Warriors, I just think for the league's image it would be good if Toronto, at the very least, made this a series. I still wouldn't be surprised, though, if it ended in five games. Hope I'm wrong on that.

I also don't think Kawhi returns to Toronto. Like BP said, he wants to be home on the west coast. He didn't handle the whole San Antonio thing very well, IMO....but I think it's just his personality. He's not a bad guy or very boisterous, he's somewhat a simpleton. I'd like him to stay in Toronto, but I just don't see it, unfortunately.

Lastly, I think game two is a big one for the Raptors. If they can win that one, then I think they have a chance. Really....all they did last night was hold serve at home in game one. For fan interest, it's great. But they didn't accomplish a whole lot. That changes with a win Sunday.

Reactions: DUKEFEDFAN
I really don't expect Kawhi to resign either,i said that when the trade happened,he recently purchased an eleven million dollar home in LA,however........if he does happen to resign,i'd be happy to browse the internet for some good crow recipes!!

ay9KtwS.png

Include me in the group that believes without Durant this Warrior team will fall short

Last edited:
I really don't expect Kawhi to resign either,i said that when the trade happened,he recently purchased an eleven million dollar home in LA,however........if he does happen to resign,i'd be happy to browse the internet for some good crow recipes!!

The good news (IMO) is that the house you mention has little to do with it. It’s in San Diego and like 3-4 hours from LA / Staples Center. There’s no way he bought that house to live in during the regular season. It’s an off-season home. Tons of athletes have nice homes in warm climates and/or hometowns. I don’t know much about Toronto but I’m sure it’s a pretty nice area for most people. Millionaires aren’t most people.

.......I still think he’s leaving Toronto though.

Reactions: christophero
I think so. It would be fun to see if they could. At minimum, I think we'd be in store for a really good series if they go down 2-0. I'm worried if the Warriors get game two that the series doesn't find its way back to Toronto.
It's already guaranteed to make it back to Toronto for game 5 unless the Warriors get swept, which isn't happening.

It's already guaranteed to make it back to Toronto for game 5 unless the Warriors get swept, which isn't happening.

Ahhhh....forgot that the NBA went away from the 2-3-2 format. Then I think this series has a pretty good shot of going at least six.

The Warriors down by 5 at halftime. I’ve seen people talk about the Raptors being good but I didn’t expect them to be this tough for the Warriors.

Toronto looked flat to start the second half. It probably will prevent them from making this a series.

The Warriors just had to win one of the first two. They did. I’d be shocked if this wasn’t over in six, and quite possibly five.

The people that eat Taco Bell can go get a free Taco on June 18th since the Warriors won game 2 in Toronto. I haven’t eaten at Taco Bell in years so I won’t be going to get a free taco. lol

Reactions: hart2chesson
The Warriors just had to win one of the first two. They did. I’d be shocked if this wasn’t over in six, and quite possibly five.
Ehh... I don’t about that man. Toronto decisively won gm1. Barring the massive 3rd qtr egg (30%fg 8-ish TO) it would be 2-0 in Toronto’s favor.

IMO - The Klay / KD injuries raise questions. Klay (likely) won’t miss any games but what if? Does KD return for game 3 or 4? Will these injuries limit minutes or hinder performance? These are some big factors. Let’s assume they both play game 3 in mint condition. Does re-inserting KD into things tamper with that? I think that’s worth mentioning, especially given the chemistry issues we’ve seen during the regular season.

Again people saying Toronto choked but bottom line is GS turned up the defense to start the 2nd half....game over and IMO series over barring a GS injury

Klay getting an MRI today if for some reason he has to miss time and KD is still out things could get interesting, but I expect Klay to at least play and really don’t think Golden State will lose at home

Reactions: DukeDenver
Super glad for Quinn Cook! Has there ever been a guy more deserving???!! Still though, sickened me Golden State won, Draymond and Steph so childish. Steph has become such a hot dog, thinking he doesnt deserve a tech for tossing the ball 40 ft in the air. He nearly cost them the game. Still hoping for Raptors miracle.

OFC

Super glad for Quinn Cook! Has there ever been a guy more deserving???!! Still though, sickened me Golden State won, Draymond and Steph so childish. Steph has become such a hot dog, thinking he doesnt deserve a tech for tossing the ball 40 ft in the air. He nearly cost them the game. Still hoping for Raptors miracle.

OFC
Hart, he’s been that way his whole life. I used to play softball with his Dad when Dell was with the hornets. Steph, my son and other kids played together during our games. He always thought he was “better” than all the other kids.

Hart, he’s been that way his whole life. I used to play softball with his Dad when Dell was with the hornets. Steph, my son and other kids played together during our games. He always thought he was “better” than all the other kids.

Interesting QC. Thanks for passing that info on. I thought it was just since he received a measure of fame in the NBA. He seemed pretty levelheaded and grounded when he played for Bob McKillop at Davidson, and I was a huge Steph fan then....Thanks...OFC

Mckillop doesn’t put up with that kind of stuff. Had a friends older brother that played for him for one season.

Curry really rubs me the wrong way too. About a poor of a sport in the league imo

Reactions: hart2chesson
Mckillop doesn’t put up with that kind of stuff. Had a friends older brother that played for him for one season.

Curry really rubs me the wrong way too. About a poor of a sport in the league imo

Good point about McKillop, class act all the way, and obviously a sound disciplinarian.

OFC

C’mon now y’all. Curry thinks he’s better than everyone else? I’m not buying that.

He might think he’s the best shooter that ever lived, and he’d be correct. I feel like he’s been pretty humble otherwise. I could do without his dancing and face making, but he appears to be a good man.

Reactions: jwill133
C’mon now y’all. Curry thinks he’s better than everyone else? I’m not buying that.

He might think he’s the best shooter that ever lived, and he’d be correct. I feel like he’s been pretty humble otherwise. I could do without his dancing and face making, but he appears to be a good man.

Just opinion Double D, and as always respect yours my friend.....OFC

Reactions: DukeDenver
I can certainly see how Curry rubs some people the wrong way, I guess. He definitely has a bit of arrogance and showmanship to his game. But if we're being honest, most top players do. I'm not making excuses for him, but if you went down the list of the top 20 players or so in the NBA, I'm not sure he's in the top half when it comes to those aforementioned traits. But, it's also true that each of us carry our own pre-conceived notions....so that plays a factor. (To be honest, his constant playing with his mouthpiece is what drives me bonkers the most.)

Like @DukeDenver said above, he's probably the greatest shooter in the world and the best shooter ever, to be honest. I'd dance and wag my tongue, too, if I could make some of those ridiculous shots coming off screens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT