ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NOTRE DAME OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Some interesting stats so far:

on offense, we’re shooting 36.1% from 3 (61st in the nation), 55.0% from 2 (31st in the nation) and 71.8% from the FT line (159th in the nation).

on defense, we are allowing 29.5% from 3 (29th in the nation), 45.4% from 2 (36th in the nation) and teams are only shooting 65% from the FT line against us (9th in the nation).

our D is going to keep us in most games we’d lose last season. We have 3 losses by a combined 8 points. I love the perimeter defense this team offers to go along with the inside presence to form a nice defensive balance and the fact teams are shooting below 70% against us from the FT line. I like our chances with those numbers!

Last edited:
Ok, enough with the teasing: UNC is 12-0 at home this season 👀👀👀👀👀👀

Always glad for a double digit road W! Wendell only had 2 points so it seems like the last few games he's been off. We will certainly need him Saturday.

Duke with only 3 FT? What would Brad Brownhole say?
Probably something like “since Duke was in control the entire game the refs tried to appear neutral in their calls”. This is a popular refrain on our rivals message boards that the refs primarily are there to ensure a Duke win so in a blowout the refs will actually call it legit. Lol

Reactions: JimboSlice00
Leading by 15 on the road is good...but they need to run plays to keep the advantage?
Run plays? Guys I'm sorry but all this crap about running plays is so overrated! We have 4 or 5 players that 27 NBA scouts were in attendance to watch...
You are telling me that Duke needs to run a Princeton offense to win games in 2022? Some of you weren't around in 1986 cause I'm here to tell you, K has been allowing his best players to isolate for 40 years and yet some of us are still begging for "Hoosiers" the movie type last second draw ups for our team...it's man to man and it's about sets not secret plays to create winning plays!
Four passes before every shot. If a player can’t follow that simple rule they can ride the pine J/k. You presented one extreme. Dukes current system is the other. Surely there’s a happy medium. I imagine running an NBA style offense helps more in recruiting but I’d like to see more motion less iso hero ball

I liked the uniforms. Love the Brotherhood unis.

I thought the refs were good. Sure I complained to the TV a few times but anytime John only has a couple fouls you know they are "letting them play". I like a game where the refs are pretty consistent. Our guys played rough and were allowed to do it which is good for us because we are more physical than most teams.

Took the crowd out of the game early and except for a few 3s, kept them out. I PRAY we do the same on Saturday. Shut those Whine and Cheesers up for good.

I thought the refs were good. Sure I complained to the TV a few times but anytime John only has a couple fouls you know they are "letting them play". I like a game where the refs are pretty consistent. Our guys played rough and were allowed to do it which is good for us because we are more physical than most teams.

Took the crowd out of the game early and except for a few 3s, kept them out. I PRAY we do the same on Saturday. Shut those Whine and Cheesers up for good.
All you can ask for as players, coaches and fans is the refs are consistent. If they are it’s on you to adapt accordingly. It’s when they’re inconsistent that drives everyone nuts, and understandably so.

Some interesting stats so far:

on offense, we’re shooting 36.1% from 3 (61st in the nation), 55.0% from 2 (31st in the nation) and 71.8% from the FT line (159th in the nation).

on defense, we are allowing 29.5% from 3 (29th in the nation), 45.4% from 2 (36th in the nation) and teams are only shooting 65% from the FT line against us (9th in the nation).

our D is going to keep us in most games we’d lose last season. We have 3 losses by a combined 8 points. I love the perimeter defense this team offers to go along with the inside presence to form a nice defensive balance and the fact teams are shooting below 70% against us from the FT line. I like our chances with those numbers!
Wow! Double Wow! I had no idea that Duke was only allowing 29% on threes. I feel stupid repeatedly saying that it's hard for me to figure out what Duke is trying to do- both offensively and defensively . Duke is pretty big. I assumed that they were better defending 2s than 3s

Reactions: Quavarius

And that is why I’m so damn confident come March when they let these kids beat and bang and stay out of the game we’re cutting down the nets. BET

Wow! Double Wow! I had no idea that Duke was only allowing 29% on threes. I feel stupid repeatedly saying that it's hard for me to figure out what Duke is trying to do- both offensively and defensively . Duke is pretty big. I assumed that they were better defending 2s than 3s
Yes, which means I feel comfortable (at this time) against hot shooting 3 point teams who usually upset us in early rounds of the NCAA Tournament AND if they get to the FT line, are shooting less than 70%

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT