ADVERTISEMENT

NBA playoffs

I think the series is as simple as will KD play game 4 or not? Game 4 is the short 48 hour turnaround. That should help Toronto. One would assume Klay will be back (he wanted to play game 3 but the staff held him out.)

If Kd doesn't play, I think the series is over. Good luck getting any read on KD, that dude is just different.

I think some of you are selling Raptors short,other than Curry who on the warriors worries any one? even if Klay and Durant come back,what kind of shape will they be in,leg injuries are hard to come back from,if they play,they will likely aggravate the injuries.Can Curry keep putting up 40 plus per game? maybe,but where is the rest of the scoring coming from? Kawhi is going to get his 30 plus,Danny Green is heating up,Siakim is a beast,Van Vleet cant seem to miss...Lowery is the toughest guy on the court...I'm liking the Raptors to win it all now....OK I said it,so lets get the rebuttals

I’ve thought Durant wouldn’t play as long as the Warriors had control of the series. But who knows with him. Just not even sure if he wants to play. It’s almost like he’s doing this to show that the team can’t win without him so he can beat his own chest.

Makes a part of me want the Warriors to win. But I sure wish Curry would do something with that stupid mouthpiece.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I think some of you are selling Raptors short,other than Curry who on the warriors worries any one? even if Klay and Durant come back,what kind of shape will they be in,leg injuries are hard to come back from,if they play,they will likely aggravate the injuries.Can Curry keep putting up 40 plus per game? maybe,but where is the rest of the scoring coming from? Kawhi is going to get his 30 plus,Danny Green is heating up,Siakim is a beast,Van Vleet cant seem to miss...Lowery is the toughest guy on the court...I'm liking the Raptors to win it all now....OK I said it,so lets get the rebuttals
I agree with you. Even if the Warriors have their full roster for game 4, injuries can still linger and effect performance. Heck let’s assume they’re all 100% healthy - Who’s to say that Toronto can’t win? Don’t get me wrong... GS has more talent but they are far from untouchable. It’s also worth noting potential chemistry issues happening with reinserting KD in the picture.

The warriors are really good but I feel like everyone in this thread thinks Toronto’s back is pressed against the wall... It’s opposite if you ask me.

Reactions: Canadian Dukie
I expect Klay to play even if it requires him to be carted off. I do not believe that to be the case with Durant.

Vegas now has the series as nearly even odds.

Seeing the Raptors role players perform well on the road in Game 3 should be very worrying. Leonard has yet to have a MVP caliber game in this series and yet Toronto is already halfway to 4 wins. Maybe Leonard is physically spent and maybe it won't even matter...

Last edited:
Cannot fathom the behavior of GSW owner who shoved Lowry. Venture Capitalist & Harvard grad worth $2B+, that explains it. GSW owners group truly believe they invented basketball. Hey fellas, Curry was drafted before you puchased the team.

Reactions: jwill133
Cannot fathom the behavior of GSW owner who shoved Lowry. Venture Capitalist & Harvard grad worth $2B+, that explains it. GSW owners group truly believe they invented basketball. Hey fellas, Curry was drafted before you puchased the team.
Think you nailed the stereotype with the character assassination of he, warriors owners, venture capitalists and Harvard grads. Well done.

Comically, the main owner specifically said an hour before the game they loved Klay bc he was that ownership groups first draft pick. Hardly acting as if they invented basketball. As it relates to curry, you do realize they had to make, what was at the time a very tough choice and arguably unpopular by choosing to keep an oft injured Steph scurry over Monte Ellis. And to take it one steph farther (see what i did there), name another ownership group better? I’ll wait.

What Stevens did was wrong, he should be suspended and fined. Do i think a one year ban and $500k is a bit excessive? Yeah, but i also get why they did it and quite frankly i thought they’d go for a million- but he was going to be made an example and they will rake him over the coals for this. Live with your actions though i guess when you’re that high profile.

Think you nailed the stereotype with the character assassination of he, warriors owners, venture capitalists and Harvard grads. Well done.

Comically, the main owner specifically said an hour before the game they loved Klay bc he was that ownership groups first draft pick. Hardly acting as if they invented basketball. As it relates to curry, you do realize they had to make, what was at the time a very tough choice and arguably unpopular by choosing to keep an oft injured Steph scurry over Monte Ellis. And to take it one steph farther (see what i did there), name another ownership group better? I’ll wait.

What Stevens did was wrong, he should be suspended and fined. Do i think a one year ban and $500k is a bit excessive? Yeah, but i also get why they did it and quite frankly i thought they’d go for a million- but he was going to be made an example and they will rake him over the coals for this. Live with your actions though i guess when you’re that high profile.

Saw Lacob on 60 Mins few years back and his ego was out of control mentioning how managment changed the game and their organization was supreme. Steph changed the game! Must say GSW has had a nice run of succcess and being able to pay massive luxury tax must be nice.

Apparently local media didn't identify Stevens b/c they knew team access would be yanked. Reports he will have to sell stake which I think is right. Lowry is an employee in the league, you simply cannot shove personnel.

Saw Lacob on 60 Mins few years back and his ego was out of control mentioning how managment changed the game and their organization was supreme. Steph changed the game! Must say GSW has had a nice run of succcess and being able to pay massive luxury tax must be nice.

Apparently local media didn't identify Stevens b/c they knew team access would be yanked. Reports he will have to sell stake which I think is right. Lowry is an employee in the league, you simply cannot shove personnel.
I wouldn’t bat an eye if they told him he wasn’t allowed to be part owner of the team anymore. I don’t think he should be blackballed from the league forever. But i agree, you simply cannot shove a player.

As for Curry, i actually think he has changed the game. Look throughout the league, big men are extinct unless they hit threes. The college game, high school and AAU game are just kids launching threes.

I’m not surprised that they have massive egos, with billions of dollars, I’d probably have one too. It doesn’t excuse Stevens pushing a player, but you can have a massive ego and also be a good owner/ceo- (speaking for the rest of the ownership group)

Reactions: Mac9192
Stevens penalty was not excessive, and in fact he probably got off light. You cannot have fans interacting with players in even a moderately aggressive way, and for it to come from an owner is beyond unacceptable.

Reactions: Mac9192
I actually applaud Lowry for not responding more than he did. He's in the heat of battle in the NBA finals, and this prick just did something completely uncalled for.

Say Lowry pushed back, is he now a thug? That could literally change the whole landscape of the finals if Lowry got suspended for something so stupid and unnecessary.

I actually applaud Lowry for not responding more than he did. He's in the heat of battle in the NBA finals, and this prick just did something completely uncalled for.

Say Lowry pushed back, is he now a thug? That could literally change the whole landscape of the finals if Lowry got suspended for something so stupid and unnecessary.
I agree, he handled it well.......I bet Stevens wouldn't have pushed him out in public.

Reactions: jwill133
Danny Green and Cousins competing with each other for the worst start to this game.

The game changed after Greens tech. GS was down 1 with 3:17 left in 3rd when he got it............they were down 12 going into the 4th.

Reactions: christophero
Toronto is taking care of their business. Good on them. A championship is a championship, Toronto doesn't get to choose if their opponent is fully healed or not.

I think GSW can still win this next game with or without KD. But they will NOT win it all without KD.

A) Bigger upset than Pistons over Shaq/Kobe/Malone/Payton?

B) End of Warriors run. Durant isn't suiting up again this season. But does GS go all in trying to retain him? I think they must sell soul to Durant if they wish to win another ring. Without Durant, this GS core requires significant retooling. Everyone except Curry, Green and Tray should be available

C) Warriors place in history. I score it
1) Kobe's Lakers
2) Lebron's Heat
3) Durant's Warriors

A) Bigger upset than Pistons over Shaq/Kobe/Malone/Payton?

B) End of Warriors run. Durant isn't suiting up again this season. But does GS go all in trying to retain him? I think they must sell soul to Durant if they wish to win another ring. Without Durant, this GS core requires significant retooling. Everyone except Curry, Green and Tray should be available

C) Warriors place in history. I score it
1) Kobe's Lakers
2) Lebron's Heat
3) Durant's Warriors

Won before he came so they can win without him as long as the 3 core players stick around

Won before he came so they can win without him as long as the 3 core players stick around
I question the quality of the opponents they defeated

But beyond that. Acquiring Durant meant they let the bench & depth decline. Fixing that is a process because finding quality backups is more difficult than signing max players.

The West seems to have declined (barring Zion outburst), so overall I do agree they have a ring left in them but multiple I say No.

I question the quality of the opponents they defeated

But beyond that. Acquiring Durant meant they let the bench & depth decline. Fixing that is a process because finding quality backups is more difficult than signing max players.

The West seems to have declined (barring Zion outburst), so overall I do agree they have a ring left in them but multiple I say No.

Quality of opponent? Good grief it's the nba

Barring a Zion outburst haha are you kidding me? So one rookie with zero man games could make the west a power again to you? Laughable

Quality of opponent? Good grief it's the nba

Barring a Zion outburst haha are you kidding me? So one rookie with zero man games could make the west a power again to you? Laughable
We will see increased commentary on how the Warriors are hurt but should remember Irving, Paul and Leonard missing crucial games

Davis is still on the Pelicans roster. Together I believe they are a 2nd Round contender in the West.

We will see increased commentary on how the Warriors are hurt but should remember Irving, Paul and Leonard missing crucial games

Davis is still on the Pelicans roster. Together I believe they are a 2nd Round contender in the West.

If davis is still there at beginning of season...which I don't think he will be...and 2nd round? Wow...guess that's better than not making playoffs but not by much

Warriors new arena has $70k PSL's so ultra star power is a must. GSW loses tonight which justifies KD staying b/c core has aged and Dubs truly need KD to remain on top. Plus Draymond can be dumped after next season as his game is regressing.

Kyrie is Nets bound which means KD ain't even talking with NYK.

Sounding like it's not out of the realm of possibility that KD plays tonight.

Warriors new arena has $70k PSL's so ultra star power is a must. GSW loses tonight which justifies KD staying b/c core has aged and Dubs truly need KD to remain on top. Plus Draymond can be dumped after next season as his game is regressing.

Kyrie is Nets bound which means KD ain't even talking with NYK.
I agree. No one is rooting harder for golden state than the Knicks. I still believe KD has a torn Achilles. I think the fact that GS is playing this so secretive benefits them with negotiating with KD to stay at least two more years, if it’s actually a torn Achilles he’s not playing next year.

Durant just went down with what appears to be the same injury. Had a great game going. I cant help but think he may have came back early because of the pressure for him to play. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT