ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- Duke Vs Pitt

Totally agree, Hart. We finally showed some real improvement. That said, we are still committing way too many turnovers and our outside shooting has a long way to go. Lots of missed wide open 3's, which explains in part why we had so many offensive rebounds. Clemson plays solid D and has some shooters, so the next game will be a real test. And we have real trouble on the road. Without even more improvement, we will have a tough time.

OFC
DI thanks buddy. You're spot on about the 3s. We MUST hit more of the wide open looks from behind the arc!!!

You're right about Clemson. I think Brad Brownell finally has the real deal! OFC

Well, we're 13-4, and no matter how bad we looked, most of us probably thought this was about where we would be. The injury bug, as always, bit us in the ass, and we're dealing with that too. I would say you're partially correct. But I can handle an opposing opinion; I hate the constant ragging without adding anything of substance to the discussion. I don't think you do this. You and several others offer good insight in the gameday threads. A few relish the negativity, though, and it has pushed several posters away that I think added a great deal to the board, like Sky, Dirt, K-Ville, etc.
I get what you and others are saying. I truly do.
That being said . The posters mentioned are good posters but they chose to leave DI. This team has struggled and one thing that I noticed against Pitt, was Jon did not rotate players out as much as previously. Lively staying in for a couple minutes after he got three fouls was crucial IMO to what he did in the second half .
Everyone should have a difference of opinion. I get they left because they thought posters were bashing Duke . However as a Global Brand and being the face of College basketball it doesn’t come without scrutiny. Even from their own fan base .

bleed I always enjoy your posts my friend. As far as posters being "pushed away," I do miss Dirt, and I consider @skysdad a very good friend.

Also while K-Ville did a good job on the GameDay thread, I think @pisgah101 has been a DEFINITE UPGRADE. Also that was pretty much K-Ville's sole contribution, and Pisgah contributes in so many other ways. Bleed as always, much admiration and respect my friend! #GoDuke #GoBraves OFC
Thanks hart!!

Reactions: hart2chesson
I get what you and others are saying. I truly do.
That being said . The posters mentioned are good posters but they chose to leave DI. This team has struggled and one thing that I noticed against Pitt, was Jon did not rotate players out as much as previously. Lively staying in for a couple minutes after he got three fouls was crucial IMO to what he did in the second half .
Everyone should have a difference of opinion. I get they left because they thought posters were bashing Duke . However as a Global Brand and being the face of College basketball it doesn’t come without scrutiny. Even from their own fan base .
I don't believe anyone departed because criticism was posted towards the team; perhaps some did, but most undoubtedly grew sick of the posters who only show up in gameday threads when we're losing or have lost to be negative and post nothing that adds substance to the discussion.

bleed I always enjoy your posts my friend. As far as posters being "pushed away," I do miss Dirt, and I consider @skysdad a very good friend.

Also while K-Ville did a good job on the GameDay thread, I think @pisgah101 has been a DEFINITE UPGRADE. Also that was pretty much K-Ville's sole contribution, and Pisgah contributes in so many other ways. Bleed as always, much admiration and respect my friend! #GoDuke #GoBraves OFC
That wasn't meant as a slight to Pisgah; he's doing a good job. K-Ville was just one of the good ones. Like, Dukiejay, when he posted, there was a point to it. I guess I have grown tired of the whining and posturing by some. But it is what it is. Same to you as well, Hart!

Every sports board in America is like that though. It would be kind of dull if everyone agreed and just said "don't worry we'll turn things around soon." But I see your point.
Don't mistake my problem with a few asshats for anything other than I don't believe they ever add anything to the conversation. Be critical, but bring something other than, "I am a coach, and I know what to do, and I could coach better than Jon." Come on. Those posts are comically bad. You're right. That's on every sports board. It doesn't make it any less tiresome to see fans post that they could do better than a division one college basketball coach.

That wasn't meant as a slight to Pisgah; he's doing a good job. K-Ville was just one of the good ones. Like, Dukiejay, when he posted, there was a point to it. I guess I have grown tired of the whining and posturing by some. But it is what it is. Same to you as well, Hart!
Dukiejay once banned me lol and I think Timo did too. A lot to drink those nights lol

Honestly, my reaction to Duke or the Braves is nothing compared to how I behave watching the Raiders. Years of disappointment have made me a bitter asshole over my football team, haha

I appreciate the nice comments made about me from several of you. I am what I am though and the main reason I don't post a lot anymore is the bickering and confrentation going on now. Completely different type of board that I joined back in 2006 but it is what it is and as pisgah said the board has passed me by and that's ok. If those of you like the format of this board its all good. I do lurk everyday, love Q's NBA thread and will post if I feel there is something I can add. I have decided to not respond to all of the keyboard recliner coaches who without a doubt if they were our coach Duke would never get beat. How many wins and nattys would that add up to? And hart you areva good friend but this board is for you and I'm glad you have become on of the leaders but DBB is what I need . To be honest if that had not been created I may have left my post here to a very few. DBB is a good board but it is not for every Duke fan. But in closing I know one thing for sure. We are all Duke fans and with that we stand on common ground. I despise cheater u, their corrupt coaches and administrators, their arrogant fans but most of my friends and family are cheater u fans and we just don't discuss the rivaly just as I don't discuss political or social issues with them because of hard feelings that it creates, Yep this is a thr deepsouther post and I apologize but I hope it helps you here at DI understand me a little better. I'm an old fart and getting older 71 in June and that old saying is true. The older you get the less you care about what people think about you. Although it is important to me that people think well of me I have gotten that point to where I just don't care . OFC

I appreciate the nice comments made about me from several of you. I am what I am though and the main reason I don't post a lot anymore is the bickering and confrentation going on now. Completely different type of board that I joined back in 2006 but it is what it is and as pisgah said the board has passed me by and that's ok. If those of you like the format of this board its all good. I do lurk everyday, love Q's NBA thread and will post if I feel there is something I can add. I have decided to not respond to all of the keyboard recliner coaches who without a doubt if they were our coach Duke would never get beat. How many wins and nattys would that add up to? And hart you areva good friend but this board is for you and I'm glad you have become on of the leaders but DBB is what I need . To be honest if that had not been created I may have left my post here to a very few. DBB is a good board but it is not for every Duke fan. But in closing I know one thing for sure. We are all Duke fans and with that we stand on common ground. I despise cheater u, their corrupt coaches and administrators, their arrogant fans but most of my friends and family are cheater u fans and we just don't discuss the rivaly just as I don't discuss political or social issues with them because of hard feelings that it creates, Yep this is a thr deepsouther post and I apologize but I hope it helps you here at DI understand me a little better. I'm an old fart and getting older 71 in June and that old saying is true. The older you get the less you care about what people think about you. Although it is important to me that people think well of me I have gotten that point to where I just don't care . OFC
Sky, you and Show and OAD are first class in my book !

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT