ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- Duke Vs Pitt

It’s a little crazy how one good half has erased the memories of how bad Duke has looked recently. I know you guys hate negative comments, but that’s what Duke deserved these past few weeks. If you don’t like it that’s on you but they were warranted. We had 10 turnovers in the first half, yeah we won but that CANNOT happen if we want to continue to be a winning program
The 2nd half doesn’t erase the memories of how bad Duke has looked. But it’s easier to build off that than if we started out good, then faded down the stretch.

It’s the posters that are only negative that most will complain about. Jon isn’t a seasoned coach, but he’s not dumb either.

What we can only hope for is they build off this going forward.

I'm nauseated by all the bullshit posts about coaching from people who couldn't sniff a bench in division one. It gets really old. Castigating the play or coaching is acceptable to a point. Sounding off on some of the shit I've seen on here traverses the line beyond that. A handful are only pleased being cynical. Again, it gets tiresome after a while.
Then walk away…nobody makes you hit refresh or even log into a game thread….it’s a game thread and conversations usually flow how the game is flowing….

Turn it off and walk away…but if you don’t and keep subjecting yourself to something that makes you miserable then at least stop bitching about something you keep choosing to do….

You don’t bother me one bit…my life doesn’t change one iota based on how you feel about a game thread…

Then walk away…nobody makes you hit refresh or even log into a game thread….it’s a game thread and conversations usually flow how the game is flowing….

Turn it off and walk away…but if you don’t and keep subjecting yourself to something that makes you miserable then at least stop bitching about something you keep choosing to do….

You don’t bother me one bit…my life doesn’t change one iota based on how you feel about a game thread…
You're the one you bitches and complains on here incessantly. Pot meet kettle.

You're the one you bitches and complains on here incessantly. Pot meet kettle.
No I comment on game threads…you don’t see me doing it in other threads….if they played better I wouldn’t complain….hard to complain in game threads where they are just killing it.

Why is anyone bothered by @K-oach Q ? He has posted the same way for as long as he’s been here just let it go, it’s a message board and he’s being who he’s always been. Some of his stuff might be crazy or untrue but he don’t hold back that’s for sure and he’s not always wrong..

As for being able to coach he’s actually a pretty successful swim coach so he does know a little.

Why is anyone bothered by @K-oach Q ? He has posted the same way for as long as he’s been here just let it go, it’s a message board and he’s being who he’s always been. Some of his stuff might be crazy or untrue but he don’t hold back that’s for sure and he’s not always wrong..

As for being able to coach he’s actually a pretty successful swim coach so he does know a little.
Because it gets freaking old.

Good team win tonight but we can't be going through long stretches of not scoring. We play against a decent team that can some what make shots we get blown out.

We looked like a poorly coached team in the first half. We looked like a well coached team in the second half. Jon is not an 18 year old he is a multimillionaire in his 30s. He can handle it.

I think Proctor was excellent tonight. He’s the key to how high a ceiling this team has I think. I want Scheyer to let him run with it when Roach is back and play Roach at the two. His better games have been there anyways.

Proctor was waiving people off and up the court tonight and he has vision Roach doesn’t have. I think Roach is a better than average two.

They where playing together when we where playing somewhat descent and then we benched Proctor and haven’t quite been right since.

I’m sure he will have terrible nights and you pull him then…but our ceiling is as good as he can become this season.

I hope he stays because I think he’s going to be really excellent next year for us.

I just think that we tend to mirror RR and THR at times during the gameday threads when losing. Some of the Scheyer comments are laughable.

Lively and Proctor both had good second half play tonight. I loved seeing Proctor take the initiative and make those plays. Big-time buckets from the young man. And Lively had a stretch where he was possibly the most effective player on the floor for a span in the 2nd half. The defense was outstanding for periods after halftime.

Reactions: christophero
Proctor and Lively coming on would really raise our ceiling.
Was really happy to see that post move and score from him. Even the one he missed after was a good move and good shot he just missed.

He needs to do more of that. He probably isn’t even as bad as he thinks he is just not confident. He needs to make a couple moves and take some shots a game…that stat where he only took two shots last game just isn’t enough for 7ft tall. He should at least get two shots off two rebounds a game.

Shoot it up big fella! But not the three…lol

Reminds me of that Final Four when Nolan got the ball and K yelled at him to shoot it and he did and made it.

Lively needs some of that…just make a strong move and shoot it!

Probably for the best with Roach. I believe we have a week off after Clemson. Not that his toe will be healed, but it allows for more rest
Yeah, I tend to agree. I'd be willing to bet we would have a challenging contest on Saturday with or without Roach. I just want to see the team we saw in the second half tonight on Saturday in Littlejohn. Roach is pivotal to the group's success, and if we have to lose some Jan games so he can get healthy, so be it.

Proctor with 14 points, 5 assists and 0 turnovers against a pretty good Pitt backcourt. We outscored Pitt by nearly 20 in the second half. Very nice. Grandison with 2 big 3's. Lively with some huge minutes and Flip back to a double double machine. Lots to like.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
I think Proctor was excellent tonight. He’s the key to how high a ceiling this team has I think. I want Scheyer to let him run with it when Roach is back and play Roach at the two. His better games have been there anyways.

Proctor was waiving people off and up the court tonight and he has vision Roach doesn’t have. I think Roach is a better than average two.

They where playing together when we where playing somewhat descent and then we benched Proctor and haven’t quite been right since.

I’m sure he will have terrible nights and you pull him then…but our ceiling is as good as he can become this season.

I hope he stays because I think he’s going to be really excellent next year for us.
I agree proctor would be better at the point. Roach looks for his shot too much

And we wonder why so many great posters have left.
Because they can not handle an opposing opinion .
I will not back down from my comments and yes , yesterday was a good win and a strong come back but Duke has a long ways to go .
Did Lively show some fight ? Sure did but can he keep progressing to where he needs to be ?
Will Flip continue to play inside ? Or the entire team for that fact ? This team can not be stopped when they insert their will in the paint . Your either going to acknowledge that like last night or go back to chucking up three’s.
Last night was a good win and players showed up. Duke was also at home .
One win does not dictate how bad Duke has looked in the 17 previous games. It’s how you build on last night and continue to move forward .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT