ADVERTISEMENT

NBA playoffs

I can certainly see how Curry rubs some people the wrong way, I guess. He definitely has a bit of arrogance and showmanship to his game. But if we're being honest, most top players do. I'm not making excuses for him, but if you went down the list of the top 20 players or so in the NBA, I'm not sure he's in the top half when it comes to those aforementioned traits. But, it's also true that each of us carry our own pre-conceived notions....so that plays a factor. (To be honest, his constant playing with his mouthpiece is what drives me bonkers the most.)

Like @DukeDenver said above, he's probably the greatest shooter in the world and the best shooter ever, to be honest. I'd dance and wag my tongue, too, if I could make some of those ridiculous shots coming off screens.
This is why everyone loves Zion so much. I've never seen an athlete with that much talent to be so humble. I hope he remains the same throughout his career.

This is why everyone loves Zion so much. I've never seen an athlete with that much talent to be so humble. I hope he remains the same throughout his career.

Excellent point dukesince!!! I think you summed it up QUITE WELL. It is amazing as you say to see an athlete so uber talented be so "humble." I hope he remains the same as well, "throughout his career." Thats good for Duke, the pros and sports in general. He has a chance to be quite a role model for the younger generation. OFC

Reactions: dukesince91
I'm not a Steph guy, mainly because his stacked Warriors team took a few titles that probably should have been Lebron's.
But I can admit with no issue at all that he is the best shooter of all time and he is an excellent role model for children. He is definitely the "fan favorite" for kids, and I say that from the midwest, I can't imagine how popular he is on the West Coast.

I don't see him as arrogant at all, he is a professional athlete at the absolute peak of his craft. He is a family man, graduated college, and does A TON of non-profit charity things. Does it really rub people the wrong way that he celebrates after a three-pointer or occasionally gets aggravated with himself and does something dumb? Cut me a break, sports are supposed to be fun.

Now Draymond on the other hand, I'm with anyone who thinks he's arrogant and takes things wayyyyyyy too far. Don't like him at all.

Last edited:
I'm not a Steph guy, mainly because his stacked Warriors team took a few titles that probably should have been Lebron's.
But I can admit with no issue at all that he is the best shooter of all time and he is an excellent role model for children. He is definitely the "fan favorite" for kids, and I say that from the midwest, I can't imagine how popular he is on the West Coast.

I don't see him as arrogant at all, he is a professional athlete at the absolute peak of his craft. He is a family man, graduated college, and does A TON of non-profit charity things. Does it really rub people the wrong way that he celebrates after a three-pointer or occasionally gets aggravated with himself and does something dumb? Cut me a break, sports are supposed to be fun.

Now Draymond on the other hand, I'm with anyone who thinks he's arrogant and takes things wayyyyyyy too far. Don't like him at all.
I do not like Mr. Green. He does not seem like a nice person. He acts like a bully.

Not to mention that Curry will hand most of us our hind ends on the golf course as well. A man should not be so good at so many things.

Reactions: jwill133
He is not a bully!!! He will only try to purposefully kick your nuts up in your throat. Man I have never seen someone whine as much as that man does though. He argues every call and non call.
There is something to be said for playing with your emotions wide open, but he can’t seem to turn it off between plays. That’s just lack of character development.

I can certainly see how Curry rubs some people the wrong way, I guess. He definitely has a bit of arrogance and showmanship to his game. But if we're being honest, most top players do. I'm not making excuses for him, but if you went down the list of the top 20 players or so in the NBA, I'm not sure he's in the top half when it comes to those aforementioned traits. But, it's also true that each of us carry our own pre-conceived notions....so that plays a factor. (To be honest, his constant playing with his mouthpiece is what drives me bonkers the most.)

Like @DukeDenver said above, he's probably the greatest shooter in the world and the best shooter ever, to be honest. I'd dance and wag my tongue, too, if I could make some of those ridiculous shots coming off screens.
JJ wasn't exactly a expressionless while at Duke. I loved his 3-point celebrations, especially when he was taunting the Twerps.

JJ wasn't exactly a expressionless while at Duke. I loved his 3-point celebrations, especially when he was taunting the Twerps.

Therein lies the point I’m making....we draw conclusions based on the guy we’re cheering for at the time. J.J. might be my favorite player of all-time....but he was cocky as hell. I loved him more sometimes because of how much he was hated.

Nearly everyone showboats after a big play and that isn’t exclusive to basketball. I don’t see the problem with Curry doing it. He might do it more than most but he’s also better than most.

Guys,i have a good feeling about tonights game,if Klay is a no go,i think the Raptors win,Kyle Lowery is the key,he needs a big game and stay out of the penalty box...If they win,we gotta series,if not it could be over in 5.
I don’t think Klay is going to play tonight. He’s saying that he “wants to play” but “doesn’t want to expose himself to further injury.” — That’s code for sitting out IMO.

Guys,i have a good feeling about tonights game,if Klay is a no go,i think the Raptors win,Kyle Lowery is the key,he needs a big game and stay out of the penalty box...If they win,we gotta series,if not it could be over in 5.

Hope you're right! Love to see Steph and Draymond go down! :p OFC

hvebv7.jpg

Those grapes in his mouth are SOUR

He said it... I’m shocked honestly
Yea I really think he was hurt by what happened. He embraced the city and they embraced him.....I really think he thought he would retire there. With that being said, obviously it was the right move to make for the organization this year. Now if they lose in the finals and he bounces..........

We talked about this at the time of the trade.Demar loved his time in Toronto and wanted to spend his career there,however upper management knew they had to make a change to improve,which they have done.Kawhi makes this team much better.

I felt bad for DeRozan when everything went down and my heart hurt for him. He was drafted there, loyal through the rebuild and gave that organization his all. — But at the end of the day it’s a business and he couldn’t take them where they wanted to go. They gave him a lot of help and built around him, no results. It’s a gut-wrenching situation but that’s the way it goes.

His interview saying all these things about how he’s responsible for the success and yada yada... That’s just pathetic on his part. He’s eating sour grapes and looking like a whole fool.

With klay out here is the raptors chance...cause with him they weren't winning IMO...even without KD

Game 3 is looking a lot like Game 1 where every time the Warriors cut 4-6 points of the lead the Raptors at 5-7 points back to the lead. Unless the Warriors go on a huge run to start refs 4th quarter I don’t see them winning this game.

Quinn has played pretty well considering the situation. He’s a backup utility guard being thrown into the starting SG role alongside a second slight framed guard.

Raptors have now won 10 of 12 quarters
With the way that the Warriors been playing through the first 3 games they’re a little lucky that they aren’t down 0-3 instead of just 1-2. They really need 1 or more of their 3 injured players to return soon or they’re going to be done for.

Anyone hear the stat the announcers said last night? The Warriors have been down at least 10 points in the first half now for six consecutive games.

Reactions: BeerPoisoning
The NBA powers-that-be are secretly loving these injuries for GSW - they aren't season-ending, but they add a little intrigue where there otherwise would be none. The 2019 NBA championship was (unfortunately) decided three years ago, which isn't necessarily good for business.

I think GSW is about to get whole, and put an end to this thing.

Reactions: DukeDenver
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT