ADVERTISEMENT

Final UNC AFAM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
UNC spent 18 million to cover up "The worse case of Academic Fraud in NCAA History"!

That's conservative. Regardless , I'd like to know how much was unx WILLING to pay? Seems there was talk of legal challenges had the verdict not gone as they hoped. Obviously , the bill woulda been steeper. Would unx go another 18? More?

Of course they knew, there’s a reason why they delayed the decision until the 13th. Once the checked cleared and the NCAA made millions, the decision was made. This isn’t a coincidence and you don’t get away with what UNC did, unless you pay big bucks.

The more ya think about this , the more obvious it becomes. You're right. unx KNEW and they knew at least as early as last week if not sooner. And I'm not so sure the NCAA was ever gonna sanction unx anyway. No shortage of evidence to do it yet after all this time the NCAA shrugs an' says , "Ya know what? We never really had a case to begin with?" Come on. Strains credulity. Either money was passed or this was all a dog-n-pony show to give the illusion that unx was in trouble and/or the NCAA was actually doing their job or all of the above. "We know unx is guilty but we just don't have a mechanism or rule to sanction 'em for it." That's what Sankey said and that's insane. Meanwhile , that State kid is denied because he...wait for it...here it comes...he WENT to class. Good Lord , this entire thing reeks. OJ...

DMCeMDoVAAA2Wwg.jpg

Jon Sasser ( unx alum and Butch Davis' lawyer ) agrees. Lol...

North Carolina embarrassed the NCAA (and itself) in academic fraud case

On Friday, Carolina was found not guilty, skating without penalty after the Tar Heels went full Tarkanian and constructed an argument that wasn’t technically against NCAA rules because no one ever imagined any school would ever dare employ it.

In perhaps the most outlandish defense in NCAA infractions history, the school acknowledged that the classes that were taken were essentially bankrupt of any kind of teaching, learning or supervision … but that was perfectly OK with them.

To defend the basketball team, the university had to claim it wasn’t really a university.

That isn’t a college class. That might not even count at the El Paso de Robles Youth Correctional Facility. Yet the University* of North Carolina is completely cool with that and continues to consider it worthy of full academic credit for not just basketball players, but all the other students who took it over nearly two decades.

Welcome to the Age of Tarkanianism, a complete rejection of the NCAA to the point where Carolina not only isn’t ashamed of academic fraud, it’s practically celebrating it.

“UNC reported to its accreditor that what occurred for nearly 18 years on its campus was academic fraud,” the NCAA report stated. ” … Specifically, UNC admitted [it] demonstrated that, ‘the academic fraud was long-standing.'”

Now, though, the classes weren’t fraud. They were fine. The NCAA was astounded. The Committee on Infractions asked how this was possible.

“UNC [told] the panel that it was merely a ‘typo’ or oversight,” the NCAA wrote.

A typo? At this point the case had become a “My Cousin Vinny” punchline … “I’m not Jerry Gallo … I’m Jerry Callo.”

What exactly was the typo that caused the school to write the term “academic fraud.” If you replace one letter do you get some other phrase? Maybe whomever does the typing in Chapel Hill is so inept it typo’d an entire phrase which, coincidentally, spelled out “academic fraud” in a case that wasn’t at all “academic fraud.”

Heck of a coincidence, dadgummit.

https://sports.yahoo.com/north-caro...rassing-academic-fraud-defense-010926838.html

Dodging another bullet but , Holy Smokes , is this some humiliating stuff. "Public Ivy," my azz...

Major national accreditation agency considered dropping North Carolina

The head of an influential national accreditation agency that investigated North Carolina told CBS Sports she was surprised the NCAA didn't do more in the academic fraud case that concluded Friday.

"Our board debated," said Belle Whelan, president of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission, one of the two largest accreditation agencies in the country. "There were some that wanted to drop them."

That means ending North Carolina's accreditation as an institution of higher learning. Oklahoma assistant professor and NCAA reformer Gerald Gurney told CBS Sports in May 2016 that "students simply would not attend the university if it were not accredited."

However, after reading the NCAA's report on Friday, Whelan said every student who took the infamous classes "had an extra benefit."

Whelan previously told CBS Sports there was no case similar to North Carolina's investigated by the Southern Association going back at least 40 years.

"What surprised me is [the NCAA] waited so long to address this in the first place," Whelan said

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...on-agency-considered-dropping-north-carolina/

UNC spent 18 million to cover up "The worse case of Academic Fraud in NCAA History"!

I hope it wasn't tax payers money. If so no telling how much my part was One cent would have been too much. Oh the heel fans are gloating right now. Shows what true character they have to know and be proud of what and how they got out of it. OFC

After seeing a post from a friend on Facebook that’s at LNWR it got me to wondering. The reports were that the NCAA was originally going to release their decision last Friday until UNCheat asked them to wait because of the fundraiser that UNCheat had scheduled last weekend, so it got me to wondering, what if UNCheat really did receive the decision last week and they asked the NCAA to wait to release their decision because they knew that it was going to be good news, so they wanted to wait until tonight for the NCAA’s decision to be released to go along with the unveiling of the 2017 National Championship Banner.

I’ve thought about that, but then realized it’s pretty unlikely. Something or someone would have leaked info. There were no leaks.

Reactions: SorryNotSorry
Anybody know if there are some t-shirts being sold with something like "UNCheat" or "fake classes" on them? I'd like to do a little early christmas shopping.

Reactions: tison31
North Carolina embarrassed the NCAA (and itself) in academic fraud case

On Friday, Carolina was found not guilty, skating without penalty after the Tar Heels went full Tarkanian and constructed an argument that wasn’t technically against NCAA rules because no one ever imagined any school would ever dare employ it.

In perhaps the most outlandish defense in NCAA infractions history, the school acknowledged that the classes that were taken were essentially bankrupt of any kind of teaching, learning or supervision … but that was perfectly OK with them.

To defend the basketball team, the university had to claim it wasn’t really a university.

That isn’t a college class. That might not even count at the El Paso de Robles Youth Correctional Facility. Yet the University* of North Carolina is completely cool with that and continues to consider it worthy of full academic credit for not just basketball players, but all the other students who took it over nearly two decades.

Welcome to the Age of Tarkanianism, a complete rejection of the NCAA to the point where Carolina not only isn’t ashamed of academic fraud, it’s practically celebrating it.

“UNC reported to its accreditor that what occurred for nearly 18 years on its campus was academic fraud,” the NCAA report stated. ” … Specifically, UNC admitted [it] demonstrated that, ‘the academic fraud was long-standing.'”

Now, though, the classes weren’t fraud. They were fine. The NCAA was astounded. The Committee on Infractions asked how this was possible.

“UNC [told] the panel that it was merely a ‘typo’ or oversight,” the NCAA wrote.

A typo? At this point the case had become a “My Cousin Vinny” punchline … “I’m not Jerry Gallo … I’m Jerry Callo.”

What exactly was the typo that caused the school to write the term “academic fraud.” If you replace one letter do you get some other phrase? Maybe whomever does the typing in Chapel Hill is so inept it typo’d an entire phrase which, coincidentally, spelled out “academic fraud” in a case that wasn’t at all “academic fraud.”

Heck of a coincidence, dadgummit.

https://sports.yahoo.com/north-caro...rassing-academic-fraud-defense-010926838.html

What an amazing and well written article. Having your programs academics and coach compared to UNLV and Tark is like saying that you've got a problem with players treatment of women like Baylor and Art Briles. If when that comparison shows that would you did was not only similar but much worse then you truly stain the idea of UNC being a top notch university forever. If I'm an alumni that may not go to a bunch of games but still contribute money to the university then that stops immediately and UNC turns into a UNLV. Known for being a good sports program, but losing all credibility as an academic institution.

Funny you said that. My stepdaughter has her own screen printing business. We are trying to come up with a clever tshirt for her to sell.

Reactions: tison31
Thanks to former Blue Devil standout Mark Alarie. A close teammate of Jay Bilas on '86 runner-up team, Mark spoke his OWN MIND on the UNC verdict. I always liked Mark, and my admiration for him expressing his own differing views from Bilas only increased my admiration:

OFC

Nobody let @DevilDJ near sharp objects or tall buildings for at least the next year.

No problem about DevilDJ, he'll be just fine. Now on the other hand I'm a little worried about any UNC players hurting themselves with some books 'cause those things are pretty tricky and can be hard to operate when you're a novice.

OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
No problem about DevilDJ, he'll be just fine. Now on the other hand I'm a little worried about any UNC players hurting themselves with some books 'cause those things are pretty tricky and can be hard to operate when you're a novice.

OFC

Devil DJ is fine- he'll doggin the holes like Dan Kane. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Duke looks like they’re on the way to gettin’ smacked by FSU. Damn! That said , unx fans never cease to amaze. They don’t even CARE about being a national laughingstock. Synonymous with corruption? Ill-gotten gains? The scam started under Dean? “Who cares? We got away with it! Go heels!” Shameless. smh

Reactions: hart2chesson
The more ya think about this , the more obvious it becomes. You're right. unx KNEW and they knew at least as early as last week if not sooner. And I'm not so sure the NCAA was ever gonna sanction unx anyway. No shortage of evidence to do it yet after all this time the NCAA shrugs an' says , "Ya know what? We never really had a case to begin with?" Come on. Strains credulity. Either money was passed or this was all a dog-n-pony show to give the illusion that unx was in trouble and/or the NCAA was actually doing their job or all of the above. "We know unx is guilty but we just don't have a mechanism or rule to sanction 'em for it." That's what Sankey said and that's insane. Meanwhile , that State kid is denied because he...wait for it...here it comes...he WENT to class. Good Lord , this entire thing reeks. OJ...

DMCeMDoVAAA2Wwg.jpg

Someone please please please Photoshop Roy's head to this pic!

If the NCAA can deem an incoming athlete ineligible based on a questionable high school transcript or even a single class that does not meet a certain standard, how can they not deem a college player ineligible based on inadequate courses?

A few years back, a female distance runner in my area from a small school who was an honor student was declared ineligible by the NCAA because she took an English class that was an independent study. She took the class because her school did not offer advanced/honors English classes! She took a harder course than what was typically offered at her school, did more work than she needed to, had the SAT and ACT scores to back it up and was declared ineligible!!!

Thanks to former Blue Devil standout Mark Alarie. A close teammate of Jay Bilas on '86 runner-up team, Mark spoke his OWN MIND on the UNC verdict. I always liked Mark, and my admiration for him expressing his own differing views from Bilas only increased my admiration:

OFC

Bilas spoke his own mind too.

I like the title of this thread. Final unc AFAM thread. I take that to mean no more threads but also this thread like the quote thread could go on and on and on and on. Never, ever, ever let them forget. OFC

Duke looks like they’re on the way to gettin’ smacked by FSU. Damn! That said , unx fans never cease to amaze. They don’t even CARE about being a national laughingstock. Synonymous with corruption? Ill-gotten gains? The scam started under Dean? “Who cares? We got away with it! Go heels!” Shameless. smh
Yeah, I've seen some uncheater fans tweeting videos of Roy dancing. And they'll say, "haters gonna hate." Well, um no. Cheaters gonna cheat. And when you earn your hate by others wanting to be you (like Duke), that's when you get to say, "haters gonna hate."

So F*** you cheaters.

Reactions: skysdad
Bilas spoke the UNC AGENDA mind, and the line his boss, his UNC law firm colleagues and golf buddy Roy wanted to hear...So proud of Alarie for bucking his ex teammate!

OFC
Jay often said what UNC did was deplorable. But Jay was not swayed by confirmation bias. He used that top notch Duke Law training to objectively look at the facts and determine a likely outcome. He was right from day 1.

Jay often said what UNC did was deplorable. But Jay was not swayed by confirmation bias. He used that top notch Duke Law training to objectively look at the facts and determine a likely outcome. He was right from day 1.

Bilas paid token lip service to what UNC did was wrong. He should have been more PROACTIVE given his forum, to call for reforms so programs like UNC could pull such stunts.I fault him for that deficiency!He came across much more as a UNC apologist than one suggesting reforms. OFC

I like the title of this thread. Final unc AFAM thread. I take that to mean no more threads but also this thread like the quote thread could go on and on and on and on. Never, ever, ever let them forget. OFC

I dont think it should end....Let it be a constant reminder...OFC

Bilas paid token lip service to what UNC did was wrong. He should have been more PROACTIVE given his forum, to call for reforms so programs like UNC could pull such stunts.I fault him for that deficiency!He came across much more as a UNC apologist than one suggesting reforms. OFC
I can see how you felt that way. My take is Jay has a burning hatred for how the NCAA uses players and operates in a non-sensical, inconsistent manner all too often. This was another chance for him to criticize the NCAA. While he disagreed with UNC’s antics, taking down the NCAA was a much bigger fish to fry for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT