ADVERTISEMENT

Final UNC AFAM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, bax, if he is so unworthy of your time, why are you spending so mich time attached to his nuts? Because you are just radiating awesome right now, haha.

So, bax, if he is so unworthy of your time, why are you spending so mich time attached to his nuts? Because you are just radiating awesome right now, haha.

Because it's fun. Hes not unworthy, he's to be admired for having the tenacity of a a spartan fighting gods work... just think of the hours he's spent. As for me.. not like I'm spending hours trying to find article after article after fake article or tweet to post. In reality it takes me two minutes to post. Hehehe

U
Because it's fun. Hes not unworthy, he's to be admired for having the tenacity of a a spartan fighting gods work... just think of the hours he's spent. As for me.. not like I'm spending hours trying to find article after article after fake article or tweet to post. In reality it takes me two minutes to post. Hehehe

Usually takes a Duke man to simplify things for a Heel. Glad DJ could help you out by doing all the work...OFC

Reactions: bax4444
ur beautiful. No matter what they say.
Are you unwilling or unable to be civil here? I've read a few of your posts on THR and you aren't one of the crazies. But it seems you are trying to get banned over here. You'll find this board actually pretty decent (well at least much more so than if a Duke fan tries to say anything on THR) if you at least try to be civil. Hell, you've lasted about 13 posts longer than a Duke fan would at THR the way you came out. If you want to be banned, just say so. If you want to talk about things, try to be less of an ass. We have some folks who can get obsessive about things over here. You've made your point.

Are you unwilling or unable to be civil here? I've read a few of your posts on THR and you aren't one of the crazies. But it seems you are trying to get banned over here. You'll find this board actually pretty decent (well at least much more so than if a Duke fan tries to say anything on THR) if you at least try to be civil. Hell, you've lasted about 13 posts longer than a Duke fan would at THR the way you came out. If you want to be banned, just say so. If you want to talk about things, try to be less of an ass. We have some folks who can get obsessive about things over here. You've made your point.

I actually like your board. I just think @DevilDJ is a freak show. Was just having some fun with him. Anyways I honestly don't want to get banned so I'll stop.

I actually like your board. I just think @DevilDJ is a freak show. Was just having some fun with him. Anyways I honestly don't want to get banned so I'll stop.
This is priceless. I think we should all go over to THR and "just have some fun" with Steat, Gary, Dsouthr, Archer and the gang. I'm sure they'll get a big laugh out of it.

Reactions: hart2chesson
This is priceless. I think we should all go over to THR and "just have some fun" with Steat, Gary, Dsouthr, Archer and the gang. I'm sure they'll get a big laugh out of it.
I’m guessing you’d last a hair shorter than bax has here.

We can't go over there. OFC

This is real. Just in time for Christmas. Nice stocking-stuffers...

DMhpuWMVAAANFty.jpg

DMhpuWNVQAE6TW1.jpg

bumper_bumper_bumper_sticker.jpg

http://www.cafepress.com/dbr?CJAID=10461796

NCAA shows true colors with UNC decision

The NCAA had a chance to drop the hammer on a school that had been accused of a major academic scandal, but its own rulebook allowed the University of North Carolina to get off scot-free.

By doing so, the NCAA let down student-athletes and universities across the country.

Essentially, UNC was providing a platform for student-athletes to cheat in getting an easier route in their education. Regular students also being involved in these classes should hold no bearing on the situation, as student-athletes still benefitted directly.

Come to UNC for the athletic programs, stay for the easy courses that will not prepare athletes for life after sports. Yet, the NCAA decided this did not break rules.

At least now student-athletes know where the NCAA stands and what they can get away with.

http://www.thesetonian.com/2017/10/18/ncaa-shows-true-colors-with-unc-decision/

So just because other students were enrolled in those classes, it doesn't count as a benefit for athletes? Shouldn't the school itself get hammered for this admission of fake credits? I know they were downgraded by some academic authority, but doesn't this warrant more serious penalty?

What is the cutoff here? If I have a single non-athlete in a fake class with 149 athletes, is it not considered an extra benefit? Don't athletes get class registration priority?

So many questions here.

Basically, the ruling is that if you want to help your “student” athletes cheat academically, allow enrollment in bogus classes for every student. Then, it’s not cheating.

Though athletes account for 1% of the student body, 50% of the bogus class enrollment were athletes. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Basically, the ruling is that if you want to help your “student” athletes cheat academically, allow enrollment in bogus classes for every student. Then, it’s not cheating.

Though athletes account for 1% of the student body, 50% of the bogus class enrollment were athletes. Nothing to see here. Move along.
I like how unx defended their concession of academic fraud to SACS by saying , “It was a typo.” Lulz. Setting aside the shamelessness of that explanation for a moment , if it was indeed a typo why did unx accept the penalties from SACS?

Allen Johnson: Friday the 13th wasn’t a good day to be a Tar Heel

As a UNC-Chapel Hill alumnus, I was neither joyful nor relieved when the NCAA released its toothless pronouncement two weeks ago that academic fraud disproportionately involving Carolina athletes would go unpunished.

...I’m angry and embarrassed. By UNC.

UNC wriggled free on a technicality.

...I was outraged at the mess they’d made.

It would have been helpful if UNC hadn’t suddenly locked its conscience in a vault and thrown away the key — hunkering down and lawyering up instead of fessing up to a shameful breach of the so-called Carolina Way

But, for the most part it ran a PR version of the Four Corners, playing an aggravating — and expensive —game of keep-away with critics and reporters.

I’m not so sure what it ( the carolina way ) stands for today.

Carolina might not have violated the letter of its convoluted laws and regulations. But UNC did wrong and everybody knows it. Even Carolina ... especially Carolina.

http://www.greensboro.com/opinion/c...cle_cee7527b-5bd9-54df-a01f-3d160096416b.html

B. Martin‏ @yibyabby

There is no way this can be characterized as anything other than academic fraud by an institutional staff member:

DM1uhr7VwAAEEVF.jpg

B. Martin‏ @yibyabby

What? "Academic Misconduct?" Is that a "typo" too? From 2013, UNC showing contrition to #SACSCOC Who's academic misconduct?

DM2BEMqUQAAhzJt.jpg

B. Martin‏ @yibyabby

Choosing to not "punish" students for faculty/staff academic misconduct doesn't mitigate the misconduct by faculty/staff.

DM2BrdqVoAEepIO.jpg

B. Martin‏ @yibyabby

SACSCOC called UNC on trying to use this "human shield" rationale to mitigate "academic misconduct" impact on integrity of degrees:

DM2Dds-VAAAxeH6.jpg

B. Martin‏ @yibyabby

UNC relied on an administrative policy of "sealed" transcripts to not impact most degrees, but UNC conceded to SACS on those still enrolled:

DM2Ef_IU8AI-XxV.jpg

B. Martin‏ @yibyabby

And each remedy option UNC offered addressed the academic misconduct that had occurred of an improper "assessment mechanism" (aka grading).

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
B. Martin‏ @yibyabby

Credit legitimacy wasn't about what student did/didn't do. Legitimacy compromised by staff misconduct. Student "work" is red herring.

DM2Ir3hUIAAcckN.jpg

B. David Ridpath‏ @drridpath

@yibyabby red herring is a good way to put it.

B. Martin‏ @yibyabby

UNC's sleight-of-hand addressing the academic fraud is more worthy of disdain than the academic fraud itself.

B. David Ridpath‏ @drridpath

You know B. you have put into words exactly why this has bothered me so much. Just the obfuscation, denial and continual change.

Perfect place to end it, as usual ODD with the perfect image. The story has run its course and the NCAA is not going to do anything about it. Let’s focus on our upcoming season. LETS GO DUKE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT