ADVERTISEMENT

Duval suspended?

hart, there is no "good time" considered when K teaches someone a lesson. Kid screwed up , K's sending a message. I like it.

Yep and the solo dunk breakaway highlight wasnt a move cherished by K either....JS OFC

If he’s only being suspended for the exhibition game, I get a feeling that he did something dumb that was minor (probably typical teenage behavior) but wasn’t too bad and hopefully it’ll just be a one time incident

He probably had a fight in practice or something. He's not the typical guy Coach K goes for. He has an edge. I like the edge though

He did seem to be a departure perhaps from type of kid K traditionally goes for, w/the rumors swirling about his academics early on. Anyway applaud the GOAT for not backing down from a OAD! OFC

Curfew is NOT "OVERRATED" in the military, where K has his roots. Young man best learn to be ON TIME! OFC
Lol. This isn't the military. Being on time is very important, of course. But I'm sure K isn't coaching these guys by talking to them like an Army sergeant.

Reactions: sheyduke
Lol. This isn't the military. Being on time is very important, of course. But I'm sure K isn't coaching these guys by talking to them like an Army sergeant.

No but you're STILL WRONG! Curfew is not "OVERRATED." College in addition to education, is where you really start to get your act together for adulthood. Its not fair to the other guys on the team who are ON TIME! HA, I bet his one on one w/Duval was more "military" than tea party!!! OFC

Reactions: topps coach
No but you're STILL WRONG! Curfew is not "OVERRATED." College in addition to education, is where you really start to get your act together for adulthood. Its not fair to the other guys on the team who are ON TIME! HA, I bet his one on one w/Duval was more "military" than tea party!!! OFC
Lol calm down man. I think we are frustrated with this news and I was making a joke of this situation, of course curfew is important. I think we view a lot of things differently, probably due to our era's, but were all Duke fans and we all can just hope that this is minor and he will be reinstated after tomorrow.

Lol calm down man. I think we are frustrated with this news and I was making a joke of this situation, of course curfew is important. I think we view a lot of things differently, probably due to our era's, but were all Duke fans and we all can just hope that this is minor and he will be reinstated after tomorrow.

Ooooh Sheldon Mack's boy I dont need you telling me to "calm down." Besides I just disagreed with your point, I didnt attack you personally...Why the "calm down" DUDE???

OFC

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
Ooooh Sheldon Mack's boy I dont need you telling me to "calm down." Besides I just disagreed with your point, I didnt attack you personally...Why the "calm down" DUDE???

OFC
Who is Sheldon Mack?

I'm hearing he posted some very inappropriate content on snapchat and twitter and has been missing K's curfew times.

I wonder if that comment has anything to do with hof coach roy williams ugly ties. hof coach roy williams is sensitive about his ties since they designed exclusively for him by his close friend julian alexander. hof coach roy williams even mentioned it in a presser a few years back about opposing fans making fun of his ties. I just think Coach K may have suspended Duval just to keep hof coach roy williams from pitching a hissy fit and calling him on the phone to whine about not being able to control his players. This is just me guessing. OFC

Reactions: toophly1124
Well let me just say I am proud of Coach K for taking this action. Hopefully its a CORRECTABLE aspect of Trey's behavior and doesnt hurt his development as an athlete or person. If he will only realize it, The G.O.A.T is doing him a HUGE favor w/the suspension per Trey's total development.

I think it speaks volumes for Coach he is not intimidated by these OAD's and/or their parents, and is going to do things his way. Thats worked pretty well up to now.

OFC

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac9192
If it was inappropriate comments on social media maybe someone who is more technologically proficient than me which means everyone on this board could perhaps look at his social media page and post what he supposedly said.

Reactions: gottagonow
Tricky Tre will learn from this. At least we don’t have to worry about him getting injured for an exhibition game. That’s one positive.

Reactions: dukehokie
I don't see anything out of line on his twitter feed. Looks fine to me. No idea about snapface or snapchat etc - I'm not super familiar with that app at all. It had to be a curfew or something. Hopefully he'll learn and grow from it.

Go Devils!!

He probably had a fight in practice or something. He's not the typical guy Coach K goes for. He has an edge. I like the edge though
I said that from day 1 ... never thought he was a duke guy , but glad he chose us and hope it’s a minor thing

Reactions: hart2chesson
Kids 18 he will either learn from it or not. No other way to really view it. I'm glad K took a chance to stop it early and show not one person is bigger then the team.

I don't see anything out of line on his twitter feed. Looks fine to me. No idea about snapface or snapchat etc - I'm not super familiar with that app at all. It had to be a curfew or something. Hopefully he'll learn and grow from it.

Go Devils!!

I’m guessing if it was anything on Twitter it’s since been deleted.

Grayson and Jordan Goldwire are up next. Go do it boys!

The worst part of this for me are the “sounds about right for Tre” quotes I’m seeing here and on Twitter. The kid is actually a good kid, and believe me, we’ve had worse people at Duke that people love. He’s not somebody “different that Duke hasn’t really recruited before.”

He made a mistake and they will move on. Seriously this won’t be a continued annoyance.

Yeah, Redick showed up high to practice a few times his freshman year and dicked around in the summers. I did way worse at that age, and now am a (mostly) responsible adult. Let's not pretend like Tre is some kind of bad seed. It sure would be a loaded assumption.

The dude is getting a warning from the GOAT. This is part of tightening up expectations for an extremely young team full of egos and talent. Coach K knows what he is doing. Making this public is all part of the plan here. I love it.

I'm hearing he posted some very inappropriate content on snapchat and twitter and has been missing K's curfew times.
Tricky Tre is just like 98% of kids his age: no appreciation for the permanence of social media. Every tweet is catalogued and searchable in the Library of Congress.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Has anyone thought about what guru gary -7 knows about the suspension. That's the source right there. OFC
Come on Sky. You know darn good and well Guru Gary hasn't got time to worry about a low life nobody like Duval right now. He's too busy protecting Berry's left hand. Berry's under a lot of stress having to haul that one book around one handed as it is.

Come on Sky. You know darn good and well Guru Gary hasn't got time to worry about a low life nobody like Duval right now. He's too busy protecting Berry's left hand. Berry's under a lot of stress having to haul that one book around one handed as it is.

I cant wait to see what title Dirt gives that "one book!" OFC

Care to elaborate? Curfews aren't important? If you aren't out at 3 am, you can't get into trouble at 3am. Yea, they are college kids, they still need discipline and sleep to perform at this level.

If you are out at 3 A.M. there's a good chance you get in trouble at 3 A.M. All you need to do when someone gets in trouble check the time. It's almost always after mid night. OFC

Well I hope Duke survives this and wins their exhibition game by at least 40. I guess we could have won by 60 but it'll be okay. Like the people said above me relax

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT