ADVERTISEMENT

Duval suspended?

500HP_Devil

All Conference
Gold Member
Mar 17, 2016
From twitter:

@AdamRoweTDD

Duke freshman guard Trevon Duval is suspended for the Blue Devils’ exhibition game vs. Bowie State

Anyone hear anything about this?

Not sure I believe this....not yet. I think it would be a bigger story....all over ESPN and talk radio. I have watched and listened to both today, and no mention of it...hope I don't get proven wrong.......it will suck if it's true.

Not sure I believe this....not yet. I think it would be a bigger story....all over ESPN and talk radio. I have watched and listened to both today, and no mention of it...hope I don't get proven wrong.......it will suck if it's true.
Just got the ESPN update on my phone...

Yep....I just googled it and it says suspended for not meeting team standards....WTH???

Everyone relax.
friendsfrankiesayrelaxtshirt.jpg

Reactions: DukeDenver
By most accounts this is nothing in practice. Sounds like an example sit. I doubt we ever know exactly what happened, but if he only misses one game, I wouldn’t get too worked up over this.

Reactions: DukeDenver
If it's gonna happen now's the time. He's gotta learn. Either he becomes better because of it or he pouts about it and let's it effect his value to the team. OFC

Everyone relax.

Timo, for my own peace of mind, why should we "relax.?"Just curious since this is the man we thought was our meal ticket at PG. Dont be offended by my question, I just want your thoughts. It seems awful early for him to be getting out of line. I would think he would want to put his best foot forward, than take two steps back....

OFC

Reactions: Mac9192
Timo, for my own peace of mind, why should we "relax.?"Just curious since this is the man we thought was our meal ticket at PG. Dont be offended by my question, I just want your thoughts. It seems awful early for him to be getting out of line. I would think he would want to put his best foot forward, than take two steps back....

OFC

We don't know the reason he was suspended. No reason to panic. thr will have a field day but who cares. We will see the character of this young man as to how he reacts to it. I believe he will take it like a Blue Devil and suck it up. OFC

OFC
Like a guy on the insiders site said, you never know what's going on over there at Fort Knox. A foot injury turns into a redshirt, toe injury leaves a star freshman out 85% of the season... it just adds to the craziness that the program has had over last few years.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Mac and Hokie essentially nailed it. We won’t ever really know, but sitting out an exhibition game isn’t exactly a “here we go again” scenario. It’s happened before I’m sure it’ll happen again. If things grow from here I’ll worry.

We don't know the reason he was suspended. No reason to panic. thr will have a field day but who cares. We will see the character of this young man as to how he reacts to it. I believe he will take it like a Blue Devil and suck it up. OFC

Mods will like that answer Sky...A suspension is never good, especially when a young team is learning and developing an identity. OFC

The worst part of this for me are the “sounds about right for Tre” quotes I’m seeing here and on Twitter. The kid is actually a good kid, and believe me, we’ve had worse people at Duke that people love. He’s not somebody “different that Duke hasn’t really recruited before.”

He made a mistake and they will move on. Seriously this won’t be a continued annoyance.

Don’t know anyone that will say it’s a “good thing”. But certainly not a reason to hit the panic button.

Exhibition or regular season it’s a very poor way to start the season for a guy that K is just handing the keys to the Porsche. Hopefully he gets the message and becomes better for this.

A suspension is great if it fixes the issue. Hope it does and we move on and becomes such a nonissue that in a few games we forget this even happened.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
No one thinks this is a good thing, but there are too many serious things to worry about besides a player being suspended for an exhibition game. If it turns out it's a bad situation, well, we won't be docked points by not worrying about it sooner.

OFC

Its not a good start and I am not "hitting the panic button," but its probably fairly serious for it less than two weeks before MSU. ONE positive: bet Goldwire inside has a smile very wide! Step up and make it count young man....Hearing the Duval issue has something to do w/"snapchat/social media."

OFC

I'm sure this is just K letting the young man know his place. He probably did something silly. Late to meeting/practice, out past curfew, something of that nature. If it were a bigger issue ESPN would be running with it. I'll take the "wait and see" method myself.

I'm hearing he posted some very inappropriate content on snapchat and twitter and has been missing K's curfew times.
Curfew is overrated anyway. But on a serious note, I'm glad K is sending him a message this early.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT