ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS YALE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Cam has brought the ball up a bunch this half too. Seems to be helping him find his rhythm.

Would be up by 15to 18 with decent shooting

We’d be up by 20+ points if we could shoot FTs. Why it’s number one on the key stats to watch for improvement if we plan on winning a National Title. Especially true for Zion and RJ. Need to be above 70% at the line or they will just get fouled. Remember Calipari at Memphis with Derrick Rose saying that their FT shooting wouldn’t cost them a title because he thought they were that much better than everyone.

He was proven wrong as pretty much every other really good to great team who can’t make FTs. You end up shutting down your own offense because you’re so worried about the wrong guy getting fouled. Was a major reason RJ took all those shots at the end against Gonzaga versus Zion. FT%.

I think Duke is going to show out at MSG. All eyes will be on them again. They just seem like they have been having bench press competition and shooting everything long and hard trying to adjust.

Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball
I am hoping that not getting regular practice with it being exam time is the reason for our poor shooting. But that's not it on our free throw shooting.
OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Just got done watching and thoughts :

- love the d intensity. It will cause them to give up easy buckets at time but so many turnovers and fast break points outweigh the negatives
- as easy as they get to the rim they will absolutely need Alex’s 3pt shooting more
- Zion needs the ball more. He is unstoppable
- Tre jones is as good as Tyus
- if cam ever gets going watch out
- the whole team passes so well. Great to watch
- got to knock down the freebies

Reactions: Neners

- love the d intensity. It will cause them to give up easy buckets at time but so many turnovers and fast break points outweigh the negatives
- as easy as they get to the rim they will absolutely need Alex’s 3pt shooting more
Love Tre Jones. Dude’s a fighter!

Reactions: duke198025

Love Tre Jones. Dude’s a fighter!
It hasn’t been that long and maybe my memory is fading, but I almost think he’s better. Certainly not the outside shooter but maybe better in every other facet of the game

It hasn’t been that long and maybe my memory is fading, but I almost think he’s better. Certainly not the outside shooter but maybe better in every other facet of the game
It’s looking that way. I’m gonna wait until conference play to see how he plays against tougher competition day in and out, but yea he’s definitely looking like he could be!

His defensive intensity is next level. I honestly don't think that is something that can necessarily be taught, that love for defense. Players can get better at it, sure. But every once in a while, you come across one of those special players that feast on making the opposing players' lives a living hell. He is one of those players and, like Zion said, that attitude fires up the whole team.

Reactions: duke198025
What if I told you we finally had a great defensive team... but we finally had an awful FT team?

We know our free throw shooting is bad, but we also are going to have to improve our offense in the half court.

Hopefully, Cam gets his offense going. He’s off a little bit, and we still hung 90.

Jack may be the best rebounder I’ve seen at Duke. Rebounding is a lot about desire and hustle, and he oozes both.

Well they did it again. Man are we good when we perform well on both ends. I can't say enough about Jack White. He is a perfect fit around all the future superstars, and Javin is obviously another great glue guy. For all the hype over the dunks and offensive firepower, our defense is becoming our best asset. We haven't been able to say that much over the last 5 years. Coach K must love being able to trust his guys on that side of the ball again. Hope they keep it up!

It’s looking that way. I’m gonna wait until conference play to see how he plays against tougher competition day in and out, but yea he’s definitely looking like he could be!

I know it is early, and the comp has been iffy so far, but Tre does LOOK better in every aspect except shooting. However, we really have to admit that Tre has much better weapons around him. Tre has a multitude of dynamic, attacking offensive players around him. Tyus had good options, but Tre's are amazing.
And, we don't need to gloss over that shooting aspect. It is, by a huge margin, the most important aspect of playing hoops.
Further, it isn't JUST about the shooting. Tyus was so clutch, making daggers whenever we needed him to do so. He iced the Wiscy and UVA games, which got us our seeding in the NCAAT, and then iced that title game (after Grayson got us back in the game).

Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball
Yeah, if you are going to be a better Duke PG than Tyus Stones, it’s going to take single handedly winning a few huge games in the last few seconds, including a national title game:)

Reactions: topps coach
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT